Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
Dinosaur Encyclopedia for Kids: The Big Book of Prehistoric Creatures Hardcover – January 4, 2022
Enhance your purchase
Dig up dino facts with this fun encyclopedia for kids ages 4 to 8
Dinosaurs are some of the most amazing animals that ever walked the Earth! They could be as tall as a four-story building or as small as a chicken. Some had spectacular spikes or hardened scales, while others had fantastic frills or vibrant feathers. This book gives kids an exciting glimpse into the Age of Dinosaurs with awe-inspiring facts about how they lived, what they looked like, and more.
This standout among dinosaur books for kids encourages them to:
- Discover dinos by eraーKids will learn about 90 different dinosaurs, organized by the prehistoric era in which they lived.
- Find kid-friendly factsーThis dinosaur book helps kids expand their dino knowledge with bite-sized facts, a pronunciation guide, and a glossary with easy-to-understand definitions.
- Explore colorful illustrationsーInspire kids to travel back in time through detailed artwork that brings the dinosaurs to life.
Get a dinosaur encyclopedia kids will love and learn from, with the Dinosaur Encyclopedia for Kids.
From the Publisher
This colorfully illustrated encyclopedia gives kids a fascinating glimpse into the Age of Dinosaurs. They’ll discover 90 different dinos and explore how they lived and what they looked like.
Meet some awe-inspiring creatures:
Megalosaurus was the first dinosaur to ever receive a name. Scientists named it in 1824. The name means “big reptile.”
Atopodentatus had a snout shaped like a vacuum cleaner. This wide snout helped it graze and feed on tiny algae on the seafloor.
Heracles was the largest parrot of all time! It was as tall as an adult’s waist and weighed more than 15 pounds!
About the Author
“DINOSAUR GEORGE” BLASING has studied and excavated dinosaurs and other prehistoric life for more than 35 years. He is a public speaker, author, and television writer. He also owns a traveling dinosaur museum that brings the prehistoric world to young people and adults across the country.
CARY WOODRUFF is the director of paleontology at the Great Plains Dinosaur Museum in Malta, Montana. His pioneering studies on sauropod growth are changing our understanding of the lives of the biggest animals to ever walk on Earth.
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (January 4, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 210 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1638786348
- ISBN-13 : 978-1638786344
- Reading age : 6 - 9 years
- Grade level : 1 - 2
- Item Weight : 1.55 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.75 x 0.75 x 9.5 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #6,784 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2. The book is a nice size. Lots of color and well designed when casually reading about TRexes.
3. The 5 year old loved it. It has enough detail to be educational but does it with lots of visual interest.
4. This was a good deal. The 5 year old had been sick with a nasty cold for days and I wanted to give him something new to look at and enjoy while hanging out on the couch. This was perfect without breaking the bank.