|Product Dimensions||15 x 17.9 x 24.8 inches|
|Item model number||15704|
|Minimum weight recommendation||40 Pounds|
|Maximum weight recommendation||120 Pounds|
|Minimum height recommendation||38.2 Inches|
|Maximum height recommendation||63 Inches|
|Material Type||Alloy Steel, Polypropylene, Plastic, Polystyrene|
|Care instructions||Covers: Machine wash cold, line dry. Shell and Components: Spot clean|
|Additional product features||Transforms in seconds from a compact fold to a full-size booster seat, without compromising safety or comfort|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Number of reclining positions||12|
|Forward-facing minimum child weight||40 Pounds|
|Forward-facing maximum child weight||120 Pounds|
|Item Weight||18.7 pounds|
Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $33.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Diono Monterey 5iST FixSafe Rigid Latch High Back Booster Car Seat with Expandable Height and Width, Compact Fold to Full Size Booster, Foldable, Portable Booster for Go-Anywhere Travel, Purple Plum
Enhance your purchase
|Installation Type||Seat Belt|
|Material||Alloy Steel, Polypropylene, Plastic, Polystyrene|
About this item
- EXPANDS IN HEIGHT AND WIDTH The Monterey 5 expandable booster seat features easy one-hand automatic height and width adjustment provides 85% more room as your child grows
- COMPACT FOLD TO FULL SIZE BOOSTER IN SECONDS The lightweight, easy carry Monterey 5 is 25% smaller than the average booster seat without compromising safety or comfort. Included carrying straps with a designated storage compartment, ideal for travel and carpooling
- FIXSAFE RIGID LATCH CONNECTORS Easy install with FixSafe adjustable rigid latch connectors for a safe and secure installation every time
- SAFETY + COMFORT Includes 8 layers Safe+ side impact protection and rigorous crash testing to create the most advanced Monterey booster seat ever
- 8 YEARS ONE BOOSTER 12 headrest positions and expandable sides to grow with your child from 40 - 120 lbs. / 18 - 54 kg (38 - 63” tall / 96 - 160cm). Machine Washable fabric and convenient cup holder ensure your child's booster seat stays clean and comfortable
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Sign up now
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Monterey 5iST FixSafe is subjected to a combination of the most rigorous crash tests; front, rear, and side impacts, plus rollover tests to ensure the safest seat possible.
SAFE+ SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION
The advanced Safe+ side impact protection features 8 layers of interlocking EPS and EPP foam, plus the Safe+ energy absorbing shell to shield and protect.
SAFE+ SECURE BUCKLE UP
Safe+ secure belt lock keeps the seat belt in place, and the open lap seat belt routing design gives easy access to the buckle as they learn to buckle themselves.
Designed with a simple 4 step installation and adjustable rigid latch FixSafe connectors, Monterey 5iST FixSafe can be used straight out of the box.
Introducing the next generation of expandable booster. Designed for ultimate portability, Monterey® 5iST FixSafe™ transforms in seconds from a compact fold to a full-size booster seat, without compromising safety or comfort. At 25% smaller than the average booster, Monterey® 5iST FixSafe™ folds down into a compact and convenient size and features an integrated carry handle and carry straps with a designated storage compartment, ideal for travel and carpooling. So, whether you’re on the daily commute, carpooling, storing in the garage or jumping in a cab, with Monterey 5 you can always take safety with you for the joy of the journey. Suitable from 40 - 120 lb / 18 - 54 kg Monterey® 5iST FixSafe™ expands in height and width to provide up to 85% more room as they grow up to 63” tall. Featuring 12 headrest positions and expands up to 20” in width, Monterey® 5iST FixSafe™ can adapt quickly to growing children, with plenty of room for shoulders, hips and legs. All of these great features have been combined with Safe+® engineering, with the Monterey® 5iST FixSafe™ subjected to a combination of the most rigorous crash tests; front, rear, and side impacts, and rollover test to ensure the safest seat possible. The advanced Safe+® side impact protection features 8 layers of interlocking EPS and EPP foam and includes the Safe+® energy absorbing shell, to shield and protect with Safe+® airflow technology built in for optimum child comfort. The open design features easy to use Safe+® secure belt guides to eliminate misuse and Safe+® secure belt lock to ensure the adult seatbelt is always routed correctly.The seat base is contoured for child comfort and includes a cup holder for road trip drinks and snacks. Designed with a simple 4-step installation and adjustable rigid latch FixSafe™ connectors, Monterey® 5iST FixSafe™ can be used straight out of the box, with no assembly required. When you’re on the move or need to switch between vehicles, the FixSafe™ connectors offer a simple way to secure the booster to the vehicle latch system, for a safe and convenient installation every time.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The fold is great and compact. The provided straps are just webbing, and There was no way we’d use them for more than a minute. I found some clip on backpack straps on Amazon that were more comfortable, but it sits at an awkward angle. You’re better off using some bungee cords to strap it to the handle of rolling luggage if you’re going very far.
We gate checked it for our flights but you may be able to put it in an overhead bin.
Since the back does not detach, it’s easy to quickly install and remove from an Uber. I had trouble getting the isofix latch connectors to work in one Uber (Toyota sienna, I believe) but it was a short ride so we went without them completely attached.
We also like that the sides of this seat expand like the other Monterey models because my son is tall with a long and wide torso and would likely have cramped shoulders by the time he ages out of a standard booster seat. What I didn’t realize until we got it is that the width expands as you raise the headrest, not independently like the other models.
Overall we like it but unless you’re planning some travel that includes Ubers and/or flights where you’ll rent a car or ride with family/friends on the other end, save your $$. We have the $100 XT model in our other car and it functions just as well if you’re installing it once and leaving it there (and it still has the expandable back panel). If your child is average height/weight/build, you can pick something even cheaper.
By Nayeli on July 14, 2021