Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
The Disciplined Trader: Developing Winning Attitudes Hardcover – April 16, 1990
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Get 3 for the price of 2. Offered by Amazon.com. Shop items
A groundbreaking work published in 1990 examining as to why most traders cannot raise their equity on a consistent basis, bringing the reader to practical conclusions to go about changing any limiting mindset.
--Larry Pesavento - TradingTutor.com
From the Author
- Publisher : New York Institute of Finance (April 16, 1990)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0132157578
- ISBN-13 : 978-0132157575
- Item Weight : 1.31 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.25 x 0.95 x 9.35 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #23,581 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
With that being said Mark Douglas's book 'Trading in the Zone' is so much more relatable and practical. That book was perhaps the single most important investment book I have ever read.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 18, 2020
1) Successful traders learn self-discipline, emotional control and the ability to change their minds to flow with the markets.
2) We create losses instead of avoiding them simply because we try to avoid them.
3) In an unstructured and unlimited environment, it is essential that you establish rules to guide your behavior. If you make up and have to play by your rules, you also have to take complete responsibility for your actions as well as outcomes of those actions.
4) You can’t assure yourself of the next win if you can’t define the market conditions or the decision-making process that produced the previous win.
5) In the market environment, reasons are irrelevant. Trade happens because of the two traders are willing to trade.
6) Have a belief that would allow for the possibility of the market doing anything at any given moment.
This book helps you to overcome the psychological barriers in the way of becoming a successful trader. One should use it along with a good technical analysis book, but after reading this book you will realize that technical analysis is secondary to discipline in trading.