- Discover will automatically match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, and more up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- Use rewards to pay at Amazon.com checkout - Redeem any amount, any time. You can also choose to redeem for cash or gift cards. Or save up because your rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts-Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.** Activate for free.
- No annual fee.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO Credit Score terms, Cashback Match details & other information.
See below for additional details including rates, fees, FICO® Credit Score terms, and Rewards
You could turn $150 into $300 with Cashback MatchTM. We'll automatically match all the cash back you earn at the end of your first year. New cardmembers only.
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 13.74% - 24.74%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred.
The information shown on this page is provided by the financial institution and is believed to be accurate at the time of posting February 2, 2020). Please click "Apply Now" above to see the most up to date terms and conditions.
Annual Percentage Rate
|Purchase APR||13.49% - 24.49% (Variable)*|
|Balance Transfer APR||13.49% - 24.49% (Variable)*|
|Cash Advance APR||26.49% (Variable)*|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% intro fee on balances transferred by 5/10/2020 and up to 5% fee for future balance transfers will apply.|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Late Payment Fee||None the first time you pay late. After that, up to $39|
|Return Payment Fee||Up to $39|
|Rewards Type||Cash back|
|Minimum Credit Quality (What's This)||Excellent|
Additional Details & Restrictions
- Intro purchase APR is 0% for 6 months from the date of account opening; then the standard purchase APR applies. Intro Balance Transfer APR is 0% for 18 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by 5/10/2020; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR: from 13.49% variable to 24.49% variable depending on your creditworthiness. Cash APR: 26.49% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge: $.50. Cash advance fee: 5%, min. $10. Balance transfer fee: Intro balance transfer fee of 3% of the amount of each transfer for transfers that post to your account by 5/10/2020. After that, up to 5% of the amount of each transfer. Annual Fee: $0. Rates as of 1/31/2020. When we evaluate creditworthiness, we consider your credit report, all the information you provide and other information. Customers with the best credit profiles receive the lowest rate. Other customers receive higher rates and may be offered an account with different rates or terms, including no introductory rates or rewards incentives. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.
- REWARDS: We will send full terms and conditions with your card. Each quarterly 5% program has a cap on category purchases and you must sign up for each program. The amount of the cap may change. 5% category purchases over the quarterly cap, and all other purchases, earn 1% cash back. Rewards have no expiration. We will credit your Account with your Cashback Bonus balance if your Account is closed or if you have not used it within 18 months. Redemption may not be available for approximately 24-48 hours if your card is reported lost or stolen. Call 1-800-347-3085 for more details.
- Discover(R) Identity Alerts are offered by Discover Bank at no cost, only available online, and currently include the following services:? (a) daily monitoring of your Experian(R) credit report and an alert when a new inquiry or account is listed on your report; (b) daily monitoring of thousands of Dark Web sites? known for revealing personal information and an alert if your Social Security number is found on such a website.? This information is intended for, and only provided to, Primary credit cardmembers whose accounts are open, in good standing and have an email address on file. The Primary cardmember must agree online to receive identity alerts.? Identity alert services are based on Experian information and data which may differ from information and data at other credit bureaus. Monitoring your credit report does not impact your credit score.? This benefit may change or end in the future.? Discover Bank is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. To see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, visit discover.com/freealerts.
- FICO(R)Credit Score Terms: Your FICO(R) Credit Score, key factors and other credit information are based on data from TransUnion(R) and may be different from other credit scores and other credit information provided by different bureaus. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary account holders who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score, key factors and other credit information are available on Discover.com and cardmembers are also provided a score on statements. Customers will see up to a year of recent scores online. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as FICO(R) Credit Scores, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Cashback MatchTM: No purchase minimums. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you?ve earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You?ve earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- Freeze it(R): When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, delayed authorizations (such as some transit purchases), payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
Important Information from Amazon
Amazon will not assist you in obtaining a credit card and does not guarantee or represent that you will receive credit.
*Amazon.com Gift Cards: Amazon.com Gift Cards are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. For complete terms and conditions, see http://www.amazon.com/gc-legal. No expiration or service fees.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am incredibly disgusted with Discover and will warn anyone who wants an account with them to steer clear. I never plan on working having any accounts with them in the future.
- Excellent customer service
The customer service has always been a positive experience, both via online chat and via phone call.
- The 5% cash back categories are based on things I actually use, with the most useful personally being on gas and Amazon purchases.
- Cash back is simple, convenient & easy to redeem.
Cash back is listed as currency ($) so no confusing "points" system. You can apply any amount of cash back to an amazon purchase, even $0.01 if you wish. Otherwise redeem via direct deposit and statement credit. They also don't expire. A lot of other similar cash back cards have a minimum amount you can redeem, expiration dates (on the cash back) and limit the ways you can redeem the cash back (most want you to use as a statement credit). Your cash back balance can also be used toward gift card deals or other special discounts. For example use cash back to buy a gift card for less than the gift card's actual value, essentially increasing your cash back. Just look for cards before planning to make a purchase, easy...
- Mobile app and website are easy to use and useful.
- High credit limits (can vary by person)
I've referred 2 people with no credit history and each was accepted without a problem and a $1,000 credit limit each.
- Freeze feature
The ability to (within seconds) login to the Discover website or mobile app and freeze the account is a unique feature I haven't seen any other company support. It's just as fast to turn the account/card back on. Let's say you think you might have misplaced your card/wallet etc during a night at the movies. You can pull your phone out and freeze your card while you search for it, without worrying that someone will use it to make a fraudulent purchase. Freezing your account/card won't prevent automatic/recurring bill payments either. You either find the card, and within seconds can turn it back on... or you can arrange for a new replacement.
- Free FICO Credit score (by TransUnion).
More credit card companies are giving these now, but its still a nice feature.
- 1% cash back (when not in the 5% rotating categories)
While 1% cash back isn't bad, pretty much all cash back cards give you at least 1%. There are other cards that can give you 1.5% cash back or even 2% for all purchases.
- Not as widely accepted as VISA/MasterCard, but I've only had this issue with 1-2 places, so it's not really an issue (personal experience).
I'd recommend this card to anyone, but especially for people new to credit cards because the cash back is easy to understand and redeem and the FreezeIt feature makes misplaced/stolen cards much less of a threat. The free FICO credit score also helps you keep track of possible fraud/identity theft (for example score drops greatly for no apparent reason). Eventually you can pick up another card with more than 1% cash back outside the rotating categories to support this card.
The balance transfer feature was not the reason I intentionally signed up for, but I eventually took advantage of, and I saved a fortune by avoiding high apr fees. (just make sure you pay it off before the 18 months.