- Discover will automatically match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- Earn 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- Use rewards to pay at Amazon.com checkout - Redeem any amount, any time. You can also choose to redeem for cash or gift cards. Or save up because your rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts-Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.** Activate for free.
- No annual fee.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO Credit Score terms, Cashback Match details & other information.
See below for additional details including rates, fees, FICO® Credit Score terms, and Rewards
Discover matches all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year - automatically. Only for new cardmembers.
- 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter-no sign-ups needed. Plus, unlimited 1% cash back on all your other purchases.
The information shown on this page is provided by the financial institution and is believed to be accurate at the time of posting (February 2, 2020). Please click "Apply Now" above to see the most up to date terms and conditions.
Annual Percentage Rate
|Purchase APR||13.49% - 24.49% (Variable)*|
|Balance Transfer APR||13.49% - 24.49% (Variable)*|
|Cash Advance APR||26.49% (Variable)*|
|Balance Transfer Fee||3% intro fee on balances transferred by 5/10/2020 and up to 5% fee for future balance transfers will apply.|
|Cash Advance Fee||Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Late Payment Fee||None the first time you pay late. After that, up to $39|
|Return Payment Fee||Up to $39|
|Rewards Type||Cash back|
|Minimum Credit Quality (What's This)||Excellent|
Additional Details & Restrictions
- Intro purchase APR is 0% for 14 months from the date of account opening; then the standard purchase APR applies. Intro balance transfer APR is 0% for 14 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by 5/10/2020; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR: from 13.49% variable to 24.49% variable depending on your creditworthiness. Cash APR: 26.49% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge: $.50. Cash advance fee: 5%, min. $10. Balance Transfer fee: Intro balance transfer fee of 3% of the amount of each transfer for transfers that post to your account by 5/10/2020. After that, up to 5% of the amount of each transfer. Annual Fee: $0. Rates as of 1/31/2020. When we evaluate creditworthiness, we consider your credit report, all the information you provide and other information. Customers with the best credit profiles receive the lowest rate. Other customers receive higher rates and may be offered an account with different rates or terms, including no introductory rates or rewards incentives. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.
- REWARDS: We will send full terms and conditions with your card. Earn a full 2% Cashback Bonus on your first $1000 in combined gas and restaurant purchases each calendar quarter. Calendar quarters are defined as the three-month periods beginning January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. Gas and restaurant category purchases over the quarterly cap, and all other purchases, earn 1% cash back. Gas and restaurant purchases are those made at merchants classified as gas stations and full service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast-food locations. Purchases coded in categories other than these, including purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, and discount stores, will not qualify. Purchases made using Near Field Communication (NFC), virtual wallets, or similar technology may not be eligible. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within 2 billing periods. You can redeem rewards in any amount at any time. Rewards never expire. We will credit your account with your Cashback Bonus balance if your account is closed or if you have not used your account within 18 months. Redemption may not be available for approximately 24-48 hours if your card is lost or stolen. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details or call 1-800-347-3085.
- **Discover(R) Identity Alerts are offered by Discover Bank at no cost, only available online, and currently include the following services:? (a) daily monitoring of your Experian(R) credit report and an alert when a new inquiry or account is listed on your report; (b) daily monitoring of thousands of Dark Web sites? known for revealing personal information and an alert if your Social Security number is found on such a website.? This information is intended for, and only provided to, Primary credit cardmembers whose accounts are open, in good standing and have an email address on file. The Primary cardmember must agree online to receive identity alerts.? Identity alert services are based on Experian information and data which may differ from information and data at other credit bureaus. Monitoring your credit report does not impact your credit score.? This benefit may change or end in the future.? Discover Bank is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. To see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, visit discover.com/freealerts.
- FICO(R)Credit Score Terms: Your FICO(R) Credit Score, key factors and other credit information are based on data from TransUnion(R) and may be different from other credit scores and other credit information provided by different bureaus. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary account holders who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score, key factors and other credit information are available on Discover.com and cardmembers are also provided a score on statements. Customers will see up to a year of recent scores online. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as FICO(R) Credit Scores, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Cashback MatchTM: No purchase minimums. After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you?ve earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You?ve earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
- Freeze it(R): When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, delayed authorizations (such as some transit purchases), payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.
Important Information from Amazon
Amazon will not assist you in obtaining a credit card and does not guarantee or represent that you will receive credit.
*Amazon.com Gift Cards: Amazon.com Gift Cards are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. For complete terms and conditions, see http://www.amazon.com/gc-legal. No expiration or service fees.
92 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am incredibly disgusted with Discover and will warn anyone who wants an account with them to steer clear. I never plan on working having any accounts with them in the future.
I signed up for this card primarily because of the Amazon.com gift card promotion. I read some reviews prior to applying that said Discover didn't honor the rewards for various reasons and was misleading in some cases. I applied anyway and went into the process determined to hold Discover to their word. I was accepted for the card I applied for (this one) and wasn't switched to an "alternative offer" in the process like some other people mentioned (which would disqualify you from the gift card offer). My first card was lost upon delivery. I called Discover and they sent a replacement, which I received. I made my first purchase immediately, still within the 3 months required to receive the gift card. That was about a week ago.
I just received an email with a code to redeem the gift card. I redeemed the code successfully moments ago and have the balance in my Amazon account!
I didn't experience anything misleading throughout the process, everything went smoothly and there were no complications (beside my first card being lost in transit).
Minus a star for no EMV chip support yet. Swipe and sign is obsolete, has been for quite some time, and needs to go away!
They eventually bumped my credit limit to $3,500. Then when I got sick and piled up medical debt, they slashed my credit limit in half. Sure, my ratios were approaching 50%, but not only did I pay off all my medical bills, I've made more than twice the minimum payment to Discover from the very beginning. This is how they treat customer loyalty. Don't waste your time with these clowns.
Despite having a stellar credit rating, they only granted me a $2,500 credit line, and the 20.99% interest rate didn't exactly make my day when I learned of it. But hey, the first 14 months are interest free. The minimum payment each month is the greater of $35 or 2 percent of the total balance. So the monthly payment doesn't exceed $35 until you charge past $1,750.
I received the $100 Amazon Gift Card within 60 days of being approved credit. I know that's a big concern about this card, but I can only say that they came through for me.
It's not a credit card I'll use much because of the extremely low credit line, but it's good to have it if and when I get in a jam.
One other thing: Once approved, you don't get your card number right away, nor do you get access to your account on the Web. You have to wait about ten days before you get your card. It isn't until then that you'll find out what your credit limit is, nor your APR for that matter.
1 - Apply AND qualify for the regular Discover it chrome card (not a student version).
2 - Use the card for ONE transaction of ANY dollar amount within 90 days of receipt of the card.
3 - Check your email! They email you the code.
They claim the code can take up to 8 weeks to be sent after your first purchase. Mine took about a week. If you have done the above 3 things and it has been more than a few weeks since your first purchase, CHECK YOUR EMAIL. The email will be from Discover Card and will have the subject "Redeem your Amazon.com Gift Card".
My credit code sat in my email for about 6 weeks before I decided something was wrong and started looking through my emails. So far the card has been great and now that I have my $100 gift card, I'm very happy!