Dishing with Julia ChildSeason 1
Starting in 1963, Julia Child and The French Chef series taught a nation how to cook well, eat well and drink well. Now today’s chefs share insightful, funny and personal comments in appreciation of the first lady of cooking. Bon appétit!
- 1. The Whole Fish StoryMarch 2, 202026minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishJosé Andres and Eric Ripert are amazed by Julia Child’s hands-on treatment of a whole fish, how much information Julia conveys in the show and her ability to work without any retakes.
- 2. The Good LoafApril 2, 202025minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishChefs Vivian Howard, Marcus Samuelsson, Carla Hall and Sara Moulton follow Julia Child’s bread making recipes for classic pain de mie and a raisin bread, highlighting her role in re-orienting people’s perception of food.
- 3. Your Own French Onion SoupDecember 31, 196425minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishChef Rick Bayless marvels over Julia Child’s knife skills and what great technique training she provided, while chefs José Andres and Eric Ripert wonder how many tips are in her two hundred episodes of The French Chef.
- 4. Boeuf BourguignonApril 9, 202025minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSara Moulton, Carla Hall, José Andres and Eric Ripert discuss how comfortable and magnetic Julia Child was in her first episode. Martha Stewart weighs in on how influential Julia was in changing how viewers thought about food and cooking.
- 5. The Potato ShowApril 16, 202026minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishRick Bayless comments on Julia Child’s performance preparing potatoes. Then collaborator and dear friend Jacques Pépin discusses her love of butter and her gracious approach to meeting all of the staff at restaurants where they dined.
- 6. To Roast A ChickenApril 16, 202025minTV-GSubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishVivian Howard and Marcus Samuelsson enjoy Julia Child’s presentation of chickens. They note how she invented cooking on television and discuss her mission to educate viewers about the value of prime ingredients and how to prepare them.
- Supporting actors
- Carla HallVivian HowardSara MoultonMarcus SamuelssonRick BaylessMartha StewartJacques Pepin
- Season year
- Purchase rights
- Stream instantly Details
- Prime Video (streaming online video)
- Available to watch on supported devices
3.5 out of 5 stars
9 global ratings
- 59% of reviews have 5 stars
- 0% of reviews have 4 stars
- 0% of reviews have 3 stars
- 19% of reviews have 2 stars
- 22% of reviews have 1 stars