Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Doug Lowe
Customers Also Bought Items By
Becoming a master of networking has never been easier
Whether you're in charge of a small network or a large network, Networking All-in-One is full of the information you’ll need to set up a network and keep it functioning. Fully updated to capture the latest Windows 10 releases through Spring 2018, this is the comprehensive guide to setting up, managing, and securing a successful network.
Inside, nine minibooks cover essential, up-to-date information for networking in systems such as Windows 10 and Linux, as well as best practices for security, mobile and cloud-based networking, and much more.
- Serves as a single source for the most-often needed network administration information
- Covers the latest trends in networking
- Get nine detailed and easy-to-understand networking minibooks in one affordable package
Networking All-in-One For Dummies is the perfect beginner’s guide as well as the professional’s ideal reference book.
If you know a breadboard from a breadbox but want to take your hobby electronics skills to the next level, this is the only reference you need. Electronics All-in-One For Dummies has done the legwork for you — offering everything you need to enhance your experience as an electronics enthusiast in one convenient place.
Written by electronics guru and veteran For Dummies author Doug Lowe, this down-to-earth guide makes it easy to grasp such important topics as circuits, schematics, voltage, and safety concerns. Plus, it helps you have tons of fun getting your hands dirty working with the Raspberry Pi, creating special effects, making your own entertainment electronics, repairing existing electronics, learning to solder safely, and so much more.
- Create your own schematics and breadboards
- Become a circuit-building expert
- Tackle analog, digital, and car electronics
- Debunk and grasp confusing electronics concepts
If you're obsessed with all things electronics, look no further! This comprehensive guide is packed with all the electronics goodies you need to add that extra spark to your game!
Need networking know-how, but don't know where to turn? Run—don't walk—to the no-nonsense networking guidance offered in this friendly guide! Whether you're a networking administrator or an everyday computer user looking to set up a network in your home or office, Networking For Dummies seamlessly gets you connected with the basics and gives you the knowledge to work out whatever kinks may come your way—in no time.
A network can make everything in your home or office run more smoothly and easily, but setting one up can be challenging for even the most computer-savvy people. Well, relax—this bestselling guide has you covered! Inside, you'll find step-by-step instructions on setting up and maintaining a network, working with broadband and wireless technologies, ensuring you're following best practices with storage and back-up procedures, building a wired or wireless network, and much more.
- Set up a network for all major operating systems
- Secure, optimize, and troubleshoot your network
- Create an intranet and use the Cloud safely
- Make sense of the latest updates to Windows 10
Don't let a thorny networking issue get the best of you! Heed the simple guidance in this friendly guide and effectively network your way to more effective shared data and resources.
Get up and running fast with the PowerPoint 2019
PowerPoint continues to be the go-to tool for business presentations. The software helps anyone who needs to communicate clearly by creating powerful and effective slideshow presentations featuring data in the form of charts, clip art, sound, and video. You can even use it to create presentations for the Web.
In PowerPoint 2019 For Dummies, expert Doug Lowe shows you how to use this popular tool to make show-stopping presentations that will get your message across — and your audience excited.
- Create a slide presentation with special effects
- Work with master slides and templates
- Collaborate with other users in the cloud
- Add charts, clip art, sound, and video
Want to learn to use PowerPoint quickly and efficiently? Look no further!
If you've always wanted to program with Java but didn't know where to start, this will be the java-stained reference you'll turn to again and again. Fully updated for the JDK 9, this deep reference on the world's most popular programming language is the perfect starting point for building things with Java—and an invaluable ongoing reference as you continue to deepen your knowledge.
Clocking in at over 900 pages, Java All-in-One For Dummies takes the intimidation out of learning Java and offers clear, step-by-step guidance on how to download and install Java tools; work with variables, numbers, expressions, statements, loops, methods, and exceptions; create applets, servlets, and JavaServer pages; handle and organize data; and so much more.
- Focuses on the vital information that enables you to get up and running quickly with Java
- Provides details on the new features of JDK 9
- Shows you how to create simple Swing programs
- Includes design tips on layout, buttons, and labels
Everything you need to know to program with Java is included in this practical, easy-to-use guide!
JavaFX For Dummies gives you access to an innovative software platform that allows you to create and deliver rich Internet applications that can run across a wide variety of connected devices. This accessible book highlights the most important features of this powerful graphics platform, giving you the tools to understand it quickly and easily! No experience with JavaFX? No problem. JavaFX For Dummies has been written especially for newbies and it also serves as a great reference resource for more experienced Java developers.
Author Doug Lowe has been writing programming books for decades, and he brings his experience and passion to this guide, sharing his expert approach to coding using JavaFX. The book shows you how to work with JavaFX controls, how to enhance your scenic design, and also offers advice on how to make a splash with your programs. Then, the author wraps it all up with extra recommendations and resources to guide you as you move forward.
- Helps developers quickly learn to take advantage of JavaFX's lightweight, high-performance platform
- Highlights essential JavaFX features for simple coding that can be rolled out across multiple devices
- Instructs readers on methods for creating compelling, visually appealing applications
- Includes recommendations and resources for honing your JavaFX skills
With JavaFX For Dummies, you'll be on your way to easier, more efficient coding for a variety of connected devices.
Network administrators now have a single, convenient place to turn for all the information they need. Networking All-in-One For Dummies, 4th Edition is like ten books in one, covering such topics as networking basics, network security, setting up TCP/IP and connecting to the Internet, handling mobile devices, and much more. This valuable book covers all the newest updates and trends, including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- A single-source reference for network administrators
- Includes ten minibooks: Networking Basics; Building a Network; Network Administration and Security; TCP/IP and the Internet; Wireless Networking; Telecom, Convergence, and Mobile Devices; Windows Server 2008 Reference; Using Other Windows Servers; Linux Networking Reference; and Appendices
- Explores the latest technologies in broadband, storage, and back-up
- Delves into new trends in networking and includes the latest Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 updates
System administrators will want to keep this practical all-in-one guide within reach.
Does using PowerPoint make you want to pull your hair out? PowerPoint 2016 For Dummies takes the pain out of working with PowerPoint, offering plain-English explanations of everything you need to know to get up and running with the latest version of the software. With full-color illustrations and step-by-step instructions, it shows you how to create and edit slides, import data from other applications, collaborate with other users in the Cloud, add charts, clip art, sound, and video—and so much more.
PowerPoint is the world's de facto presentation software, used and supported in over 60 countries. The time has never been better to take advantage of the latest software to make killer PowerPoint presentations. From adding special effects to your presentations to working with master slides and templates, this hands-on friendly guide is the fast and easy way to make PowerPoint work for you.
- Presented in full color to better illustrate the powerful presentation features of the software
- Helps you take advantage of all of PowerPoint's new features
- Available in conjunction with the release of the next version of Microsoft Office
- Written by bestselling author Doug Lowe
If you're a new or inexperienced PowerPoint user who spends more time trying to figure out how the software works than you do actually working on your presentations, PowerPoint 2016 For Dummies is just what you need to gain back hours of your work day and make professional, impactful presentations.
Get up and running with this full-color guide to PowerPoint 2013!
PowerPoint, the number one presentation software, has been revised and improved with the introduction of Microsoft Office 2013. With this all-new, full-color book by your side, you will learn how to take full advantage of all of PowerPoint's powerful and dynamic capabilities. Bestselling veteran For Dummies, author Doug Lowe breaks it all down so that you can create a powerful and effective slideshow presentation with the new wide-screen theme and variant that incorporates videos, pictures, and shapes, and allows you to create customized icons using powerful tools.
- Shows you how to create presentations with pizzazz using the new collection of themes, and then helps you align shapes, text boxes, and graphics
- Zeroes in on all of PowerPoint's updated features, such as zooming in and out smoothly, switch slides easily (in or out of sequence), and projecting to a second screen
- Explains how to Place and track comments next to the text you're discussing so everyone can see who replied to whom, and when
- Highlights ways to work with hyperlinks, create web pages with PowerPoint, video edit, and much more
PowerPoint 2013 For Dummies points you to the power of this updated application so that you can create effective and impressive presentations.
PowerPoint, the number one presentation software, has been revised and improved with the introduction of Microsoft Office 2010. More than 120 million people are using PowerPoint to create business and educational presentations worldwide.
Both new and veteran PowerPoint users will improve their skills with the fun and friendly advice in PowerPoint 2010 For Dummies. Bestselling author Doug Lowe makes it easy to grasp the new features and shows you how to create presentations with pizzazz.
- PowerPoint is used in more than 60 countries to create visual presentations for business and educational settings
- The newest revision to PowerPoint adds new features, an online version of the software, and improved audiovisual and video editing capabilities
- This easy-to-follow guide explains how to create and edit slides, import data from other applications, and add charts, clip art, sound, and video
- Also covers working with hyperlinks, creating Web pages with PowerPoint, video editing, and collaboration via online access
PowerPoint 2010 For Dummies helps you take full advantage of the enhancements in the new version, so you can create more effective and impressive presentations.
A complete guide to the world's most popular word processing software
Microsoft Word is the most popular word processing software on the planet, and the most-used application in the Microsoft Office productivity suite. Along with the rest of Office, Word has been enhanced with new features and capabilities in the 2010 version.
Word's many users will find new things to learn and use in Word 2010, and this all-in-one guide gets them up to speed while providing a reference for taking Word to the next level.
- Word is the top-selling application in the Microsoft Office suite and is the leading word processing software
- Both newcomers to Word and experienced users will need instruction in Word 2010's new features, including online editing capabilities, online document collaboration, and an improved search function
- Nine minibooks cover Word basics, editing, formatting, inserting bits and pieces, publishing documents, using reference features, mailings, customizing Word, and special features for developers
Word 2010 All-in-One For Dummies makes it easier for Word users everywhere to get up and running with Word 2010 and its new features.