Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution: Turn Off the Genes That Are Killing You and Your Waistline Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
Does losing weight and staying healthy feel like a battle? Well, it's really a war. Your enemies are your own genes, backed by millions of years of evolution, and the only way to win is to outsmart them. From the renowned surgeon and founder of Gundry MD, this revolutionary book shares the health secrets other doctors won't tell you:
- Why plants are "good" for you because they're "bad" for you, and meat is "bad" because it's "good" for you
- Why plateauing on this diet is actually a sign that you're on the right track
- Why artificial sweeteners have the same effects as sugar on your health and your waistline
- Why taking antacids, statins, and drugs for high blood pressure and arthritis masks health issues instead of addressing them
Along with the meal planner, 70 delicious recipes, and inspirational stories, Dr. Gundry's easy-to-memorize tips will keep you healthy and on course.
- Click above for unlimited listening to select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection — yours to keep (you'll use your first credit now).
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $14.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
People who viewed this also viewed
People who bought this also bought
Related to this topic
|Listening Length||6 hours and 44 minutes|
|Author||Steven R. Gundry|
|Narrator||Stephen Bel Davies|
|Audible.com Release Date||February 28, 2017|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #6,804 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#5 in Genetics (Audible Books & Originals)
#16 in Genetics (Books)
#33 in Weight Loss Diets (Audible Books & Originals)
Reviewed in the United States on October 29, 2016
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You have to read the entire book before you start, it took me months to prepare to begin my lifestyle change. This plan is much easier to start in the late fall/winter time. The no fruit was hard at first, but I added berries and tomatoes back in as soon as I could. I still continue to not eat fruit for a period of time each winter. I started this after years of yo yo diets. But once I began eating this way, I could not go back to processed chemical food. I now consider myself a purist. I honestly maintain this lifestyle using a lot of trim healthy mama recipes now. They are (almost) in line with Dr Gundrys ideas, they are sugar/gluten free sisters from New Zealand.
In the world of epigenetics, Dr. Gundrys book is the best approach in the business. Cancer feeds on sugar, and this approach is a great way to rebuild your body as a fighter. Dr Gundry has personally answered many emails from me, and supported me using this with my Autistic son.
I truly hope to be the woman in the first chapter of his book. I look younger now than I did 10 years ago and I weight less than I did on high school. This book helped me become a smart food consumer.
Top reviews from other countries
The book was great help as I have regained my body back. And I would strongly recommend that you give it a try.
Avoid or reduce, Sugar, wheat/grains, potato, rice and you may use it in small quantity after 2 weeks.
You may eat greens, root vegetables, protein and berries freely.