Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Dr. Laura Markham
Dr. Laura Markham is the author of the book Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting, which continues to rack up 5 star reviews on Amazon, attesting to the power of her relationship-based approach to parenting. Her second book, Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How to Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life, gives parents the tools to raise children who are kind to each other, who can work out the conflicts that inevitably arise, and who can build rewarding relationships not only with their siblings but with everyone in their lives. Her latest book, the Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids WORKBOOK, gives parents the tools to more deeply connect with their child, set limits with empathy, and stay calm even on those tough days.
Dr. Laura trained as a Clinical Psychologist, earning her PhD from Columbia University. But she's also a mom, so she translates proven science into the practical solutions you need for the family life you want.
The founding editor of the extensive website AhaParenting.com, Dr. Laura sends a free coaching email three times weekly to over 100,000 parents and contributes to many websites, including Psychology Today, Mothering.com, The Natural Parent Magazine, Pregnancy.org, Girlie Girl Army, and SheKnows.com. She makes frequent TV and radio appearances and has been interviewed for hundreds of articles by publications as diverse as The Wall Street Journal, Real Simple, Newsday, Men's Health, Redbook and Parents Magazine.
Dr. Laura's relationship-based parenting model has helped thousands of families across the U.S. and Canada find compassionate, common-sense solutions to everything from separation anxiety and sleep problems to sass talk and cell phones. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and has two terrific kids -- now 22 and 26.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Based on the latest research on brain development and extensive clinical experience with parents, Dr. Laura Markham’s approach is as simple as it is effective. Her message: Fostering emotional connection with your child creates real and lasting change. When you have that vital connection, you don’t need to threaten, nag, plead, bribe—or even punish.
This remarkable guide will help parents better understand their own emotions—and get them in check—so they can parent with healthy limits, empathy, and clear communication to raise a self-disciplined child. Step-by-step examples give solutions and kid-tested phrasing for parents of toddlers right through the elementary years.
If you’re tired of power struggles, tantrums, and searching for the right “consequence,” look no further. You’re about to discover the practical tools you need to transform your parenting in a positive, proven way.
In this highly anticipated guide, Dr. Markham presents simple yet powerful ways to cut through the squabbling and foster a loving, supportive bond between siblings, while giving each child the vital connection that he or she needs.
PEACEFUL PARENT, HAPPY SIBLINGS includes hands-on, research-based advice on:
• Creating deep connections with each one of your children, so that each truly believes that you couldn’t possibly love anyone else more.
• Fostering a loving family culture that encourages laughter and minimizes fighting
• Teaching your children healthy emotional self-management and conflict resolution skills—so that they can work things out with each other, get their own needs met and respect the needs of others
• Helping your kids forge a close lifelong sibling bond—as well as the relationship skills they will need for a life of healthy friendships, work relationships, and eventually their own family bonds.
Experience a happier family life, with a lot less drama and a lot more love!
In her groundbreaking guide Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids, Dr. Laura Markham helped millions of parents better understand their children and their own emotions, so they could parent in a more empathetic and emotionally connected way.
Now, parents can take Dr. Markham's simple yet transformative approach even deeper - with this personalized, interactive and practice-filled companion workbook.
Research-based, and parent-tested, the Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids Workbook will help parents:
- Use games and exercises to increase laughter and play, while decreasing tantrums and fights.
- Teach your brain new skills so you don't get upset so often and can calm down faster.
- Practice discipline strategies that teach kids self-management and emotional intelligence.
- Strengthen your bond with your child so they want to cooperate.
- Discover simple mindfulness and meditation exercises to find peace in a busy home.