Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $29.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
EGO Power+ ME0800 8-Inch Edger Attachment & Power Head Battery & Charger Not Included
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Exclusively compatible with EGO POWER+ Multi-Head System
- 8" edger attachment + Power Head
- 3" edging depth
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- Guide Wheel with depth Adjustment Knob
- Water-resistant construction (ipx4)
- Genuine EGO parts ensure capability, quality and performance
Buy it with
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
POWER BEYOND BELIEF
Every tool in our platform delivers or exceeds the power of gas—without the noise, fuss, or fumes.
ALL BATTERIES POWER ALL TOOLS
The 56V ARC Lithium battery works with all EGO POWER+ tools. Simply select your tool, click in battery and get to work.
WHY THIS EDGER ATTACHMENT IS AWESOME
3" MAX CUTTING DEPTH
For a crisp, precise edges around driveways, sidewalks and patios.
QUICK & EASY DEPTH ADJUSTMENT
Guide wheel with depth-adjustment knob lets you customize your edge.
SAVE TIME AND SPACE
Swap tool attachments on the fly and easily store your attachments instead of full tools.
ONE POWER HEAD POWERS ALL TOOLS
All multi-head attachments are designed to work with the Power Head.
BATTERIES POWER ALL TOOLS
Universal battery compatibility gives you the convenience of using any size battery for any tool.
THE POWER AND PERFORMANCE OF GAS
Advanced battery technology, delivers or exceeds the power of gas—without the noise, fuss and fumes.
WEATHER RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION
Rugged construction keeps your tool safe under more conditions.
Compare with similar items
The EGO 8" Edger Attachment and Power Head are part of the EGO POWER+ Multi-Head System. The 8" edger creates clean and precise edges around your driveway, sidewalks and patio with ease. The Power-Head is compatible with all EGO Multi-Head attachments. Equipped with a variable speed trigger, a lock off switch and a guide wheel with a depth adjustment knob. Compatible with all EGO POWER+ ARC Lithium batteries (available separately) to deliver Power Beyond Belief.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When the tool came I noticed it had the older battery, the one without the five bars showing the degree of discharge. The new battery, as I came to find out has a "T" at the end of its designation. That might not sound like a big deal but if you know batteries you know that monitoring the battery level is important. All batteries have a life and that life is based on cycles. The deeper you cycle the battery the shorter its life is so knowing the level of charge and discharge is important. Since I have more than one Ego battery I like to switch out batteries when they reach a certain point. Sometimes I’m away from the charger and knowing how much battery is left often saves me time.
So I called EGO tech line and I was told that some products still have the older battery because they have stock left. So I asked when the new battery came out? The tech said, “2017”. So why is it that the new battery has been out since 2017 and I’m buying a tool in 2020 with old technology? Worse I was told that my battery was manufactured in August of 2019. What? I have a lot of years doing electronic industrial designs and my guess is that it’s not the battery itself but the associated electronics and housings that EGO has stock of and are still putting in newer equipment.
While I’m happy with the pole saw I’m not happy that I paid several hundred dollars for old technology especially after seeing their advertising showing the newer battery design and seeing videos where reviewers complained about the specific fact that even cheaper batteries have level indicators. EGO likely went to the new design because of complaints with the older design. At EGO's prices this shouldn't happen.
Update July 2020
I posted a fair and honest review on EGO's site stating the same points I posted here. EGO wouldn't publish it! Now I'm really down on this company.
Okay EGO, here's your chance to speak up, what's your response?
The kit I received appears to have a bad battery. In just a few seconds, it goes from supposedly fully charged to auto-shutdown due to supposed low battery. After resting for a few seconds it once again believes it is fully charged, but trying to use it again only works for a few seconds before auto-shutdown and red "low battery" indicators. This is not a great start. My central motivation in buying into a battery-based system was the dream of higher reliability with lower maintenance cost/effort compared to my gas tools. OK so this is incredibly frustrating, but surely EGO is a modern company with modern e-commerce-speed customer expectations in mind... I'm sure if I give them a call or visit their website they'll have a replacement battery out to me in no time. Right? Wrong. So very wrong.
[ Problem 2 ] EGO customer support experience:
1. Went on their website. There is no chat support. That is annoying as now I'll have to stop multi-tasking and either sit on hold or wait who knows how long for an email response.
2. Website gives the option to fill out an email-like for or to call, but strongly recommends that for warranty issues it is best to call, but it is outside their call support hours. Will have to try again the next day.
3. Sent an "email" through their online form, other than an automated acknowledgment email never heard back from them on this.
4. Made my second call the following day, got a message that their system was overwhelmed and they couldn't even put me on hold or offer a callback. The message said to try again the next day "at my earliest convenience". Funny they should use that word convenience.
5. Made my third call the following day. Got a message that they were sorry to be very busy, but they could offer me a callback. Left my number. Got a callback several hours later but unfortunately missed it. In the voicemail they left they said they would try again soon. Never heard anything more from this.
6. Made my fourth call a couple of days later. Again registered for a callback. Got the callback later in the day. While the agent was friendly she was unable to help. Instead of sending me a new battery, she indicated that I should take my charger and battery to a local home depot tool rental department as they would be able to do diagnostic testing there. After that, I was to call EGO again (!) and let them know the results of the diagnostic.
7. Went to home depot. The guy at the tool rental counter rolled his eyes as soon as I said "EGO", and let me know that I had been misinformed. They don't do any diagnostics there. They can accept the parts there and ship them off for testing to be done. I would get the parts back and the diagnostic results in four to eight weeks (!!!). I decline.
8. Here I stand today, still unable to trim the trees at the center of this whole ordeal.
Clearly I should have washed my hands of this and just returned the whole thing to Amazon after step 1 or 2. In retrospect, I think I had placed too much faith in EGO based on all the hype. Maybe the battery electric power tool market isn't quite there yet, or maybe I should have gone with a different battery-electric vendor.
By WD on October 17, 2020
I am a Ego fan, have been one till now.
I first got the snow blower, then lawn mower and leaf blower. Fantastic products.
Very easy to use for a person my size.
No need to becon the husband.
The multi head system was a total fail for me though. So bulky, hard to maneuver and not as efficient*
Very disappointed and returning.
Top reviews from other countries
More's the pity since it is an absolute beast of a garden tool. Makes incredibly light work of edging - and whilst it is quite heavy with a 5Ah battery and may benefit from a smaller battery or shoulder strap - it will likely result in your line trimmer being retired from edging for life. Fantastic build quality with plenty of metal and ample power to tear through turf and soil to create laser-line perfect edges. Outstanding...