Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Ed Slott
As president and founder of Ed Slott and Company, LLC, the nation's leading source of accurate, timely IRA expertise and analysis to financial advisors, institutions, consumers and media, he provides:
1) Advanced training to financial professionals to become knowledgeable recognized leaders in the retirement marketplace; and
2) Answers to retirement savers' most important questions, continually providing practical, easy-to- understand information on IRA, retirement, tax and financial planning topics.
Mr. Slott is a Professor of Practice at The American College of Financial Services and regularly presents on IRA and estate planning strategies at both consumer events and conferences for financial advisors, insurance professionals, CPAs and attorneys, including virtual events drawing thousands of attendees nationwide. He has provided topical keynote presentations for leading financial membership organizations, including the Financial Planning Association, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, Estate Planning Councils and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as well as leading corporate financial firms coast-to-coast. He is also the creator of Ed Slott's Elite IRA Advisor Group sm, an organization of more than 400 of the nation's top financial professionals who attend his ongoing continuing-education programs to maintain a mastery of advanced retirement account and tax planning laws.
Mr. Slott is an accomplished author of many financial and retirement-focused books, including most recently Ed Slott's Retirement Decisions Guide: 2021 Edition (IRAHelp, 2021) and Fund Your Future: A Tax-Smart Savings Plan in Your 20s and 30s (IRAHelp, 2021) with The New Retirement Savings Time Bomb (Penguin Random House, 2021). He also hosts the popular website irahelp.com as a resource for financial professionals and consumers, where The Slott Report blog is followed by tens of thousands of readers.
As the go-to resource for media on timely insight on breaking news as it relates to retirement and tax planning laws and strategies, Mr. Slott is often quoted in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, USA Today, Kiplinger, Investor's Business Daily and numerous additional national magazines and financial publications. He provides a monthly Q&A column to AARP and is also a contributing columnist and media resource to Financial Planning, Financial Advisor and InvestmentNews magazines. He has appeared on many national television and radio programs, including NBC, ABC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, FOX , FOXBUSINESS, NPR, Bloomberg and Morningstar. He is one of the top pledge drivers of all time with his popular public television specials, including his most recent, Retire Safe & Secure! with Ed Slott (2021).
Mr. Slott is a past Chairman of the New York State Society of CPAs Estate Planning Committee and editor of the IRA planning section of the CPA Journal. He was named a 2020 InvestmentNews Innovator for his significant contribution to helping advisors improve client outcomes and tackle industry challenges as well as the 2020 Sidney Kess Award Winner for excellence in continuing education by the AICPA ®. He is also the recipient of the prestigious "Excellence in Estate Planning" and "Outstanding Service" awards presented by The Foundation for Accounting Education. He is a former board member of The Estate Planning Council of New York City and is Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) distinguished.
Ultimately, through all of these efforts combined, Mr. Slott has taught millions of Americans (and their financial professionals) how to get the most out of their retirement savings.
"The Best Source of IRA Advice"
-- The Wall Street Journal
Customers Also Bought Items By
New for 2021—The complete action plan from Ed Slott, "the best source of IRA advice" (Wall Street Journal), to help you make sure your 401(k)s, IRAs, and retirement savings aren't depleted by taxes by the time you need to use them.
If you're like most Americans, your most valuable asset is your retirement fund. We diligently save money for years, yet most of us don't know how to avoid the costly mistakes that cause a good chunk of those savings to be lost to needless and excessive taxation. Now, in the midst of a financial crisis, there is more need than ever to protect your assets. The New Retirement Savings Time Bomb, by renowned tax advisor Ed Slott, shows you in clear-cut layman's terms how to take control over your retirement savings plan. This easy-to-follow plan helps you place your assets to avoid the latest traps set out by congress in addition to any that might be set down the road, so you can keep your hard-earned money no matter what. And, it's fully up-to date with information on the SECURE Act and everything you need to know about how the coronavirus relief bills will affect your savings down the road. This book is required reading for every American with savings and investments who is planning to retire, be it five years from now or fifty.
–from Your Complete Retirement Planning Road Map
Corporate pensions are disappearing. Social Security is in trouble. And the sizable postwar generation is reaching retirement age. With the futures of millions of Americans at stake, Ed Slott, the country’s foremost retirement planning advisor, now offers expert advice on weathering the perfect storm of financial instability that looms on the horizon. Your Complete Retirement Planning Road Map, Slott’s most essential and accessible book yet, provides clear step-by-step directions through the highways and byways of IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, and other major accounts.
In five helpfully focused sections, Slott combines crucial facts with interactive checklists and questionnaires (those he uses with his own clients) to teach investors and beneficiaries alike the best way to save and to maximize an inheritance. Inside you’ll discover
• My Account Inventory: an overview of every retirement savings account you own, whether you’re thirty or sixty-five–from what it is and where it is to who gets it and how, plus where to put important data for easy access and where to store your essential documents (hint: not in a safe-deposit box)
• The Account Owner’s Care Solution: how to properly fill out retirement account beneficiary forms so that whatever amount of money is left in your account after you’ve fully enjoyed retirement will go to whomever you choose and not to relatives who suddenly pop up out of nowhere
• The Account Beneficiary’s Care Solution: what to do when you inherit so that you won’t lose any of the tax benefits and other opportunities your benefactor has created for you, or make a mistake that could wipe out an inherited fortune that took years to build up
• The Special Issues Care Solution: how to handle the out-of-the-box issues that could affect you or your beneficiaries (e.g., life events such as divorce or incapacity; tax issues for unmarried partners; decisions about trusts)
• The Follow-up Care Solution: how to keep your planning on track and make adjustments when circumstances change, and how to determine whether your professional retirement advisor is really up to the task of preserving and protecting your money
• Plus: the most up-to-date information on tax laws, including the Pension Protection Act of 2006, which provides major new retirement incentives that you can take advantage of
Your Complete Retirement Planning Road Map is an indispensable planning solution that is sure to become the standard how-to on a complex subject that is becoming relevant to more people every day.
Each page signals a fundamental shift in how those of you in your 20s and 30s should go about managing your money and saving for your future. This book is for those you who are just entering the workforce from college, starting a family, or simply have a desire to build a solid financial future.
This book includes information on:
1. Developing a savings blueprint and the reliable tools to keep YOU on track
2. Contributing to savings vehicles, including employer plans and Roth IRAs
3. Converting tax-deferred (tax-infested) accounts to tax-free territory
4. Collecting your money early, if the need arises
5. Building a team of financial professionals that work for YOU
• Achieve unlimited tax-free income after retirement and keep assets in the family
• Protect retirement funds from creditors, divorce, bankruptcy, lawsuits, or other problems that could expose it to loss
• Use a Roth IRA to build a tax-free fortune Slott's three-step strategy cuts through the tax laws and provides simple, easy-to-follow instructions for managing IRAs and other retirement income.
This is Ed Slott’s proven plan for generating enough personal wealth to last you the rest of your life.
Given the challenging economic times, we will all welcome Ed Slott’s concrete advice for generating enormous wealth. In this must-have book you’ll learn how to:
• Retire with more money than you ever could have imagined and still take care of your loved ones
• Move your money from FOREVER taxed to NEVER taxed
• Make your IRA and 401(k) safer during rocky periods
• Pick the best financial advisor and learn what pitfalls to avoid
• Think and plan like a multimillionaire
• Make Uncle Sam work for you.
Filled with real-life stories, Stay Rich for Life is for anyone looking to get out of debt, build their wealth, or plan for the future of their loved ones.