Top positive review
Pretty close to Perfection!
Reviewed in the United States on January 24, 2019
Let me begin by saying that I received this bag as compensation for my honest review of the product.
I have been looking for a bag to carry all of my “tech stuff”. Several bags have come before this one, and while they came close, this bag – with a couple of minor issues – is about as perfect as I’d hoped for.
I have been using this for about 2.5 days now and so far it’s holding up. While having ALL my stuff on a daily basis is a bit of overkill (I like to be prepared for any “emergency”) I can already tell this will be a great traveling bag.
At the present time I have the following in the bag (see the pictures):
A 10” Tablet, 2 remote chargers, 2 wall plugs with USB ports, at least 2 cords (more to come), 1 SD card, my Jelly Comb folding keyboard (a christmas present that started my journey in the product review arena), a portable hard drive and a portable usb strip.
I will get the “cons” out of the way first:
1. The straps that hold the tablet into the top layer of the bag are a bit loose for my tablet and I’m a bit concerned about how well it will hold the tablet in. Yes, the tablet slides pretty far into the layer, but the fit isn’t very snug and I worry about the straps coming off and my tablet sliding out. I have a thicker sleeve for the tablet and I can put it on the bottom layer within the sleeve, but that’s an added bulk to the case.
2. I would like to see a bit more padding between layers. The middle piece feels like cardboard (albeit strong cardboard) covered with the vinyl.
3. I have seen some other reviews about the straps for the individual cords being a bit too tight for bulkier cords, but I haven’t expeienced that yet. If I do, I’ll report back. FYI: That reviewer made a couple of alterations that created the ability to put varying sizes of cords in the strips and hold them all tight.
Now for the good things:
1. I haven’t tested the water resistance yet, but the feel of the outer shell doesn’t give me reason to pause. I’m certainly not going to pour a glass of water on it, but I’m not nervous about carrying it in the rain if necessary.
2. I love that it has three levels. When I travel it’s usually with my partner, which means double the charging cables and wall plugs – or one large wall charger. There are other tech items I take as well – wireless headphones, my smart watch etc. that require different types of cords from the phone plug (My Samsung Note 8 and Samsung tablet both use the new C cord) along with my Ipod which requires yet ANOTHER type of power cord.
3. It’s built to hold three layers of “stuff”, and it doesn’t look at all bulky with all the items loaded. The last two bags I had were really quite bulky when filled and took up much more room in my bag.
4. Lots of pockets… not only on the inside, but on the outside as well. The front flap, with velcro, shows on the listing to hold a portable charger in one pocket with the phone in the other and tucking the cord in the middle. I haven’t tried that yet, but it’s a great idea – which frees up room inside as well. Right now I have my Bamboo stylus in it. There’s also a zippered pocket in the back which the posting shows you can put a tablet in, however I won’t because it’s very thin and not padded so I would worry about the possiblility of damage to the tablet. As long as I am mindful of the straps inside, I prefer to have the padded pocket for the tablet. Right now, the outside pocket holds my folding keyboard.
As I said, it’s only been a few days, but so far this is the ideal bag for me. Of course, I am always on the lookout so, I won’t say it’s absolutely perfect – but it’s pretty darned close!