Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Elfriede Dustin
I am a computer scientist in the greater Washington, DC area and work on improving system engineering efforts.
"Save me Twice" is a WWII novel based on true events, also translated into German "Rette mich ein zweites mal."
I have a B.S. in Computer Science with over 25 years of IT experience, implementing effective systems engineering strategies, both on Government and commercial programs.
I am the author and co-author of 6 books related to Software Testing, which have been translated into numerous languages, all listed here on this page.
My goal is to continue to help further software engineering advances and contribute to solving this challenge.
Customers Also Bought Items By
–Jeff Offutt, Professor of Software Engineering, George Mason University
“This new book naturally expands upon its predecessor, Automated Software Testing, and is the perfect reference for software practitioners applying automated software testing to their development efforts. Mandatory reading for software testing professionals!”
–Jeff Rashka, PMP, Coauthor of Automated Software Testing and Quality Web Systems
Testing accounts for an increasingly large percentage of the time and cost of new software development. Using automated software testing (AST), developers and software testers can optimize the software testing lifecycle and thus reduce cost. As technologies and development grow increasingly complex, AST becomes even more indispensable. This book builds on some of the proven practices and the automated testing lifecycle methodology (ATLM) described in Automated Software Testing and provides a renewed practical, start-to-finish guide to implementing AST successfully.
In Implementing Automated Software Testing, three leading experts explain AST in detail, systematically reviewing its components, capabilities, and limitations. Drawing on their experience deploying AST in both defense and commercial industry, they walk you through the entire implementation process–identifying best practices, crucial success factors, and key pitfalls along with solutions for avoiding them. You will learn how to:
- Make a realistic business case for AST, and use it to drive your initiative
- Clarify your testing requirements and develop an automation strategy that reflects them
- Build efficient test environments and choose the right automation tools and techniques for your environment
- Use proven metrics to continuously track your progress and adjust accordingly
State-of-the-Art Software Security Testing: Expert, Up to Date, and Comprehensive
The Art of Software Security Testing delivers in-depth, up-to-date, battle-tested techniques for anticipating and identifying software security problems before the “bad guys” do.
Drawing on decades of experience in application and penetration testing, this book’s authors can help you transform your approach from mere “verification” to proactive “attack.” The authors begin by systematically reviewing the design and coding vulnerabilities that can arise in software, and offering realistic guidance in avoiding them. Next, they show you ways to customize software debugging tools to test the unique aspects of any program and then analyze the results to identify exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Tips on how to think the way software attackers think to strengthen your defense strategy
- Cost-effectively integrating security testing into your development lifecycle
- Using threat modeling to prioritize testing based on your top areas of risk
- Building testing labs for performing white-, grey-, and black-box software testing
- Choosing and using the right tools for each testing project
- Executing today’s leading attacks, from fault injection to buffer overflows
- Determining which flaws are most likely to be exploited by real-world attackers
With the urgent demand for rapid turnaround on new software releases--without compromising quality--the testing element of software development must keep pace, requiring a major shift from slow, labor-intensive testing methods to a faster and more thorough automated testing approach.
Automated Software Testing is a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the most effective tools, techniques, and methods for automated testing. Using numerous case studies of successful industry implementations, this book presents everything you need to know to successfully incorporate automated testing into the development process.
In particular, this book focuses on the Automated Test Life Cycle Methodology (ATLM), a structured process for designing and executing testing that parallels the Rapid Application Development methodology commonly used today. Automated Software Testing is designed to lead you through each step of this structured program, from the initial decision to implement automated software testing through test planning, execution, and reporting. Included are test automation and test management guidance for:
- Acquiring management support
- Test tool evaluation and selection
- The automated testing introduction process
- Test effort and test team sizing
- Test team composition, recruiting, and management
- Test planning and preparation
- Test procedure development guidelines
- Automation reuse analysis and reuse library
- Best practices for test automation
Das Buch enthält auch zur Veranschaulichung einige Teile seiner Niederschriften.