Now to address some of the negative reviews I read before getting this bottle....
1. The Lid: As I demonstrated in my video and as stated in the second picture of the product (Step 1 and Step 2), you’re supposed to push the lid back, into the handle, and then click it in place. You will hear it literally click into the handle. (Look at the video I posted). I guess people missed those instructions? But the cap is good and does not get in my way when I am taking a drink out of the bottle.
2. The Straw: As demonstrated in the video, the straw does retract but not so much that it’s an issue. It rarely retracts but when it does, it’s not that big of a deal that you can’t use the straw every day it’s such a minor issue. I can personally “chug” out of the straw perfectly fine. If it’s that big of a deal to you, just take it out and use the bottle without a straw.
3. The Size: I also saw people complaining about the size which I’m not understanding because it is a 64 ounce bottle and it says that in the description. It’s not that big of a bottle that it should be an issue it’s a good sized bottle. (For size comparison, I put it side by side with a an 18 oz glass beverage bottle and a regular sized water bottle). It’s not that hard to carry around. The point of the bottle is for it to be a good size in order to stay hydrated so I’m not sure why people are complaining...
4. The Durability: This bottle is very thick. I was debating between getting this bottle and the HydroMate bottle. I read the reviews and an issue that came up with the HydroMate bottle was it broke easily and was cheap, along with the straw that is not an issue with this bottle. The bottle itself feels very thick, and it’s durable and sturdy. The protective silicone at the bottom also helps gives it support and stability. The lettering/motivational quote has not faded (another issue I saw in the reviews of the HydroMate). I always have my bottle in front of me or next to me, and it’s helped me intake a lot of water.
5. The Leak/Cleaning: My bottle does not leak. Little drops have only escaped once. Maybe people got a defective bottle but this bottle doesn’t leak. I’ve put it in my work bag and it has fallen to its side without leaking. The bottle is also very easy to clean. You can take the straw out and the sleeve at the bottom is also removable. I use a bottle brush to wash it.
6. People either didn’t read the instructions, product explanation, or are really nitpicking every little thing. Some of these reviews are easily fixable (like the cap) or not that big of a deal (the straw). If you don’t like it, just send it back and get your money. If you go based on some of the negative reviews, you’ll miss out on a good product.
7. Get it!!!
Overall: I would buy this product again and recommend it to others. I already have three people who want to buy it. I’ll be back to update my review if anything happens in a couple of days/weeks.