Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Emily Ley
Customers Also Bought Items By
Statistics don't lie. Moms today are more fatigued, burned out, and overwhelmed than ever. Smartphones constantly ping and alert and demand our attention. And social media can eat up hours of our days with mindless scrolling and tapping while leaving many feeling empty and lonely. Add to that family commitments, work that is accessible around the clock, and overscheduling, and you have a life that can feel unmanageable and frantic . . . even running on empty.
Bestselling author and founder of Simplified®, Emily Ley shares how to live a life of more in a world that often overwhelms to the point of burnout in When Less Becomes More. Emily empathizes with mothers in the throes of exhaustion and provides tools for nourishing their spirits and achieving a life where less becomes more.
In this book, Emily Ley, author of the bestselling Grace, Not Perfection and A Simplified Life, takes readers on a journey out of that empty place and shows them how to fill their wells with the nourishment that only true connection can provide. She also presents some radical concepts that push against the tethers of modern life, with the promise that more of the good stuff comes when we say yes to less of what keeps us empty:
- Less Rush, More Rhythm
- Less Liking, More Loving
- Less Noise, More Calm
- Less Distraction, More Connection
- Less Frenzy, More Soul Rest
- Less Fake, More Real
- Less Fear, More Community
- Less Great, More Good
- Less Chasing, More Cherishing
- Less Stuff, More Treasures
Getting to more might require some outside-the-box changes, some unraveling of the patterns readers have adopted, and some reworking of the day to day. Readers can build a life based on their core values instead of slipping into a life dictated by society or what's "normal." Because we weren't made for normal. We were made for more--for a life of fullness, dreaming, and lasting joy.
This eBook includes the full text of the book plus an exclusive Overcoming Overwhelm ebook not found in the hardcover!
I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection.
As a busy wife, new mother, business owner, and designer, Emily Ley came to a point when she suddenly realized she couldn’t do it all. She needed to simplify her life, organize her days, and prioritize the priorities. She decided to hold herself to a standard of grace rather than perfection. This mantra led to the creation of her bestselling Simplified Planner®, a favorite among busy women everywhere—from mamas to executives and everywhere in between.
Grace, Not Perfection takes this message from a daily planner to an inspirational book that encourages women to simplify and prioritize. Designed with Emily Ley’s signature aesthetic, this book gives women tangible ways to simplify their lives to give space to what matters most. With a focus on faith, Emily reminds readers that God abundantly pours out grace on us—and that surely we can extend grace to ourselves.
Have you been told you can have it all, only to end up exhausted and occasionally out of sorts with the people you love? Are you ready for a new way of seeing your time? Learn to live a little more simply. Hold yourself and those you love to a more life-giving standard in Grace Not Perfection,and allow that grace to seep into into your days, your family, and your heart.
- List Making 101—tips to create effective to-do lists and get through them one step at a time
- Simplify your life by simplifying the three major areas: your space, your time, and your mind
- Strategies to center your day around an intentionally slower rhythm of life
As a busy wife, new mother, business owner, and designer, Emily Ley came to a point when she suddenly realized she couldn’t do it all. She needed to simplify her life, organize her days, and prioritize the priorities. She realized that she had been holding herself to a standard of perfection, when what God was really calling her to do was step into his grace.
In this four-session video-based study (DVD/digital downloads sold separately), Emily describes the journey that led to her pursuing a simpler life–one that allowed her to breathe, laugh, and grow–and provides ways for others to simplify their lives. She reminds each of us that God abundantly pours out grace on us, and because of this, we can surely extend grace to ourselves. This message is for everyone who has been trying to do it all… only to burn out. Learn to find joy and acceptance in the midst of life’s beautiful messes.
- Let Go of the Perfect Life
- Surrender Control
- Build True Community
- Live in God’s Grace
Designed for use with the Grace, Not Perfection Video Study (sold separately).
Do you want to simplify the demands on your time, energy, and resources? Do you have complicated responsibilities, overwhelming to-do lists, and endless clutter leaving you feeling overwhelmed? What if you could clear the clutter once and for all? Bestselling author and entrepreneur Emily Ley can help you make space for what matters most.
In A Simplified Life, you'll find:
- Emily's realistic strategies, achievable systems, and methods for permanently clearing the clutter, organizing your priorities, and living intentionally
- 10 key focus areas--from your home and meal planning, to style and finances, parenting, faith life, and more
- Tactical tools to help you with your family, increased work demands, and daily household routines
- Gorgeous photography and meaningful quote callouts
A Simplified Life is for:
- Mothers wanting to create a more intentional lifestyle by reducing clutter
- Anyone struggling with organizing schedules and keeping up with multiple to-do lists
- Mother's Day, National Best Friend Day, birthdays, and holiday gifts
From bestselling author and founder of the Simplified® brand of organizational tools for busy women comes Growing Boldly, a how-to book that inspires us to imagine big, plan well, and then gather the equipment and the courage to go out and do.
In Growing Boldly, Emily will help you:
- Believe in who you are and Whose you are . . . and move past the lies and fears holding you back
- Figure out what makes you tick and own it confidently
- Gather all your grit, learned lessons, and tools because it's all valuable
- Imagine the life you dream of and decide how to make it happen
- Love your people well so that you create a lasting legacy
- Clear the clutter and cultivate clarity so you can do what matters most
- Do the hard work without forgetting to feed your soul
Beautiful photography and a presentation page make Growing Boldly:
- A thoughtful gift for a friend or family member
- Perfect for Mother's Day, birthdays, or holidays
- A let's-get-rolling encouragement incentive for yourself
Emily Ley has shown us how to give ourselves grace in Grace, Not Perfection, how to simplify our lives in A Simplified Life, and how to replace busyness with true connection in When Less Becomes More. Now for the first time, Emily draws on her own story of creating a highly successful business--and loving the process--as she teaches us how to move forward in our own vocations and serve others at the same time. This is the start of something good. Get ready to build a life you love.
As she grows up in a generation that is busier and more distracted than ever, your tween girl will love the fun vibe and practical ideas in Grace, Not Perfection for Young Readers by bestselling author, creator of the Simplified Planner, and organizational expert Emily Ley.
Today's fast-paced, technology-driven society affects all ages, but it's taking its biggest toll on our kids. Does your middle grader feel compelled to participate in a ton of activities, be an excellent student, take a perfect photo for every occasion, and be friends with as many people as possible--only to end up exhausted and anxious? Help her adopt a new, life-giving perspective in Grace, Not Perfection for Young Readers.
With a colorful interior, plenty of photos, and actionable tips and lists, this young readers' edition of Emily Ley's popular book reminds you and your daughter that God offers abundant grace every day. Emily's ideas include how to . . .
- Create significant moments rather than orchestrating a picture-perfect life.
- Pare down activities to what matters most--without FOMO.
- Simplify life by simplifying three major areas: your space, your time, and your mind.
- Create effective to-do lists and get through them one step at a time.
Perfect for back-to-school, Christmas, birthdays, and coming-of-age celebrations, Grace, Not Perfection for Young Readers is completely reimagined for a younger audience but still includes Emily's signature aesthetic and message. It's a great book to enjoy with your daughter as you find your own new freedom in the adult edition.
Timely and engaging, Grace, Not Perfection for Young Readers helps tween girls embrace the most important elements of life, trim off the superficial and superfluous, let go of unrealistic standards, and journey toward adulthood with the right outlook and tools to have a simpler, grace-filled, and happy life.