Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $33.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Escort X80 Laser Radar Detector - Extreme Long Range Early Alert Protection, False Alert Filter, Multi Color OLED Display, Crystal Clear Voice Alerts, Live Crowd Sourcing, Black
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – The Escort X80 police scanner utilizes high performance laser sensors to provide maximum warning, long range protection, and early alerts against all radar bands including conventional and instant on radar guns.
- CLEAR VOICE ALERTS - Unique voice alerts allow for hands free operation and crystal clear communication of alerts. Based on your speed, alerts will be tailored to fit your location and movement. Keep your eyes on the road without distractions.
- LIGHTENING FAST PRECISION - True Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides the fastest response rate available. Seeing further, quicker, and more accurately than ever before. If you're looking for the best of radar detectors for cars, you've found it!
- ESCORT LIVE APP - Know what lies on the road ahead! Join our community of drivers and enthusiasts that share and receive over 100 million alerts every year - red light and speed camera locations, speed limits, live traffic updates and police radar.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED - The X80 Escort radar detector comes with a convenient travel case for wherever the road takes you, a SmartCord USB (with AutoMute) for power, and a Suction Cup Escort Radar Detector Mount for easy installation.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
ESCORT LIVE APP
Provides Crowd Sourced Alerts Through Bluetooth Connectivity
Fast response on conventional and X-band, K-band SuperWide Ka-band and POP mode.
TRAFFIC SENSOR REJECTION
Proprietary technology eliminates false alerts
BRILLIANT OLED GRAPHICS
Multi-Color Graphics on an OLED Display
High performance laser sensors provide maximum warning and off-axis protection
CLEAR VOICE ALERTS
Unique voice alerts provide clear communications
Compare with similar items
The ESCORT X80 provides early warning and the fastest response on all radar bands including conventional and instant-on X-band, K-band, super wide Ki-band and pop mode. High performance laser sensors provide maximum laser warning and offaxis protection. Escort is a technology and performance leader, with more than 35 years of designing and engineering radar and laser detectors.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
now, i do not know what other lasers out there use this particular wavelength laser, or what wavelength lasers the Escort X80 is capable of seeing, but the X80 can not see a ProLaser III.
On a straight away I got about a 2 mile warning to check my speed before I saw Mr Lawman parked on the side.
Around a gentle curve it went off about 3/4 of a mile before I saw him below an overpass.
Going up a hill I got a warning about a half mile back of a trooper just out of sight over the crest.
Helpful reminder for when to slow down!
When bluetooth connected, the device is stuck in what the manual calls "cruise mode", a feature that is supposed to reduce alerts when traveling below 20 MPH. You get a low volume "beep beep" one time. When traveling at speed, you are supposed to get a standard loud alert based on the signal strength. Nothing better than driving past a speed trap and your radar detector is not making a sound.
The app does not configure settings like the overspeed alert. The phone GPS is supposed to provide speed to the unit (it is horribly inaccurate, showing traveling at 15 MPH when the car is stopped). So you get "OVERSPEED ALERT" yelled at you when you're running no where near the limit. You can't turn this feature off either because the app is broken.
Support offered no options for a unit that has not worked since initial purchase November 2017. Just promise of "oh there's a firmware update coming...."
And, while better than any other detector I've owned - this will still detect radar that never seems to actually be there ... so it may still be picking up false signals.
I didn’t like the constant false alerts of K Band from cars or alarm systems etc. It’s hard to tell what is a real 𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙩 and what is a false alert. This is why I am returning this detector and continuing my search.