Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Essential Cell Biology Paperback – January 1, 2014
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Exceptional readability, for some reason the authors manage to keep your attention better than most texts, especially since it is cell bio we are talking about.
2. Graphics are great and very helpful / clear. Instead of serving an almost purely aesthetic function like many texts, the figures summarize the "big picture" processes or subjects in a clear memorable manner
3. The book is not cheaply made and consists of durable hardback.
4. It's one of the few hard copy textbooks I get to use this semester so the away-from-computer time is much appreciated not to mention the lack of need to charge the book.
1. Heavy- Good or bad thing. For me I couldn't care less as I am just happy to be reading a physical book again (schools are really shifting towards poorly functioning, non-versatile, e-texts).
2. Though not having to do directly with the book content, I did not expect a brand new book to come by any means. However, the vast majority of the book is thoroughly highlighted. Evidently the previous user reads through the tip of a highlighter, of a rainbow of colors whose designation I have yet to determine. Every...single....word is highlighted as you might imagine this took some getting used to as text would shift from neon green to neon yellow to dark blue to pink and on. I'll re-update if they try to charge me for the highlighting massacre.
Really can't recommend this book enough, Finally made me understand the "why's" of biology instead of blind memorization. 5/5
Top international reviews
Highly recommend this book if it is one of your module's recommended texts.