Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $1.90 shipping
+ $1.90 shipping
+ Free Shipping
First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level B: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers Paperback – Illustrated, October 1, 2010
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
About the Author
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The books come with a helpful tip sheet, but I recommend parents:
- be sure you are pronouncing the synthetic phonics correctly (e.g., “h” is /h/ not /huh/),
- picture walking really helped my son be more comfortable,
- pointing out hard words in advance and helping him sound out the phonemes,
- have him look at the beginning and end of the words and use context to guess (that might not feel like reading, but my main goal is to help him not feel frustrated while he works).
- after he has read the set, he can reread them to earn five bonus minutes of screen time for each book he reads (this is very popular).
Anyway, if anyone else has a kid who loves stories and being read to, but hates reading, I recommend starting with this series and slowly working through them.
The only complaint is these are really thin. The paper and the covers are not very sturdy so these aren't for kids that won't be careful.
Beware of the price. These are really only worth about fifty cents per book.
Top international reviews
sometimes the level 1 books available are quite wordy and can be overwhelming for new or beginning readers. These are a great addition to any young families library