Top positive review
Price is right, super easy install
Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2018
Man this thing is awesome. I definitely recommend watching an install video, on YouTube (see below). Unlike most of the "How-to's", I didn't have to take the tailgate off or unplug any wiring on my F-350.
Here are the steps I took since I was by myself (and couldn't pull the left side of the tailgate out of its mounting point):
**NOTE** right and left side directions are assuming you are facing the tailgate**
1) Lower tailgate
2) Remove the tailgate support strap (right-side only)
3) Remove the tail light (right-side only)
4) Lift the tailgate out of its mounting bracket (on the right side)
5) Rest the tailgate on the bumper...with a blanket or foam pad for protection
* NOTE* If you have a helper, which I did not, they can hold the tailgate up since the next step is fairly quick.
6) Remove the old tailgate mounting bracket (right-side only)
7) Install the new tailgate mounting bracket
8) Place the tailgate into the new bracket
9) Reinstall the tailgate support strap
10) Install the lower dampener arm mounting bolt to the truck mounting point, per the included instructions (this is the most difficult step)
**NOTE** The lower dampener arm mounting bolt is self threading. It is easier to install the lower dampener mount bolt by screwing it in, on the opposite side of the truck mounting point first, then unscrewing it to reinstall on the proper side of the mounting point.
11) Install the dampener arm per the instructions
12) Verify tailgate functions properly
13) Reinstall tail light (don't forget to plug in all the wires)
I don't think I missed any steps but that is the jest of it!
Works like a champ and my wife is happy since the tailgate is pretty high and heavy for her.
If you search YouTube for "2017 Super Duty Tailgate dampener Upgrade" by spector188, it is a really good how-to.