Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Freaky Briefs: 75 Short Absurdities Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|$7.95 with discounted Audible membership|
From the madman who brought you Gleefully Macabre Tales, Dead Clown Barbecue, Everything Has Teeth, and Candy Coated Madness comes Jeff Strand’s latest and most twisted collection: Freaky Briefs.
This time, all of the stories are flash fiction—very short stabs of pitch-black hilarity.
Includes fan favorites like “The Douchebag Who Reneged on the Death Pact,” along with brand-new stories like “A Story For the Dude on the Plane Who Keeps Looking at My Laptop Screen.” Seventy-five tales in all, proving that you can pack of a lot of grisly fun into small packages.
- The Douchebag Who Reneged on the Death Pact
- Fresh Fish
- Clicking the Heart
- The Wrong Dentist
- The Skull Within
- Oh No! Don’t Eat Me! (A Chocolate Bunny Tale)
- Thrill Ride
- The First Cannibals
- What’s in the Box?
- Jock Magnum, Manatee Hunter
- The Guy Who Didn’t Want to Murder Anybody With a Hammer
- Bummer Tarot Reading
- Pull My Finger
- Crazy’s Ralph’s Used Car Emporium
- Home With a Future
- The Tell Tale Heart II: Aftermath
- A Story I’m Writing While Being Devoured by a Lion
- Make a Wish
- Long Sleeves
- Fast Zombies Vs. Slow Zombies
- Scrape and Scoop
- How’s My Driving?
- Granny’s Got an Ice Pick
- A Story for the Dude on the Plane Who Keeps Looking at My Laptop Screen
- And There Was a Metal Hook
- Box of Chocolates
- The Frostbite Movie
- Ten Little Babies
- Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts
- The Night I Realized Halfway To The Pavement Below That I Was Not, In Fact, Superman
- Helen Gets Permanently Traumatized
- A Real Haunting
- Vegan Training
- Sherlock Holmes and the Murders at Camp Crystal Lake
- It’s Drabble Time!
- The Most Entertaining Man in the Elevator
- Wrongful Death Payday
- Jigsaw Puzzle
- The Satisfying Crunch of Bones Beneath My Feet
- Laundry Day
- All The Cheese In The World
- Not Enough Coins
- Below Deck
- The Cat Who Was Super Smart For A Cat But Pretty Dumb By Human Standards
- The Blind Men And The Elephant: A Parable
- Bradley Goes Crunch
- The Soupville Stabber Practices Social Distancing
- Bunny Ears
- The Tragic Tale of Slappy McWankerville
- Abner Wederman, Ribald Ostrich
- Last One In
- Too Meta 2 Live
- Santa Claus Kills 2020
- Yak Attack
- Job Reference
- The Man Without Nails
- The Last Egg
- Six Cents a Word
- Making the Most of It
- ASIN : B0B781WP4Y
- Publication date : July 20, 2022
- Language : English
- File size : 2496 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 270 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #216,065 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #164 in Horror Comedy
- #328 in Horror Short Stories
- #1,601 in General Humorous Fiction
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2023
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This author is funny, clever and has a child-like quality to his writing. Not to say that the author is a simpleton but his books remind me of the goofy stuff my brother and I could have come up with as kids telling stories back and forth. Again, I mean this as a compliment. Although, my brother and I wouldn't have been sophisticated enough to think of some of the clever twists his stories can take. (Also, we were more naive about any 'sex stuff'....not that Jeff Strand writes torrid 'sex stories')
I've also read some of the author's books more suspenseful and serious. I was impressed. Hey, I discovered an author with a range from hilarious to nail-biting in plot.
All I'm really trying to say here is that if anyone hasn't read anything by Jeff Strand, give his books a try. I hope you enjoy his stories as much as I do!
Thanks, Jeff, keep 'em coming and I'll definitely keep reading your stories! ---From one of your biggest fans!
But there is a downside to 75 stories... while I can breeze past each one within a few minutes, you're on the the next and the next. They're fun but you don't fully digest them...if that makes sense. I enjoyed 90% of this collection but it's hard for me to pick out favorites because there were so many! Haha, kind of a double edged sword, so to speak.
But I will say this, there was one that stuck with me...the very last one, well before the 2 bonus stories. "After" really had me breathless. It's not even horror or comedic, it's just a damn good closer. I mean it's simply perfect in every way. If you're reading this review before having read the book, just know that there's something special waiting for you at the end.
If you're a fan of Jeff's writing, you're in for a real treat. This is everything you could hope for in a collection of short stories from Mr. Strand.
But if you've never tasted Strand's unique blend of comedy and horror, here is the perfect smorgasbord, chock-full of delightfully devilish bite-size delicacies. Dig in and enjoy!