Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Customers Also Bought Items By
AN UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO GEOMETRIC DIMENSIONING AND TOLERANCING
Written in accordance with the latest revision of the geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) stanedard, ASME Y14.5-2009, this book teaches the principles and practical applications of GD&T in an easy-to-understand manner. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing for Mechanical Design, Second Edition, begins the discussion of each control with a definition, and then describes how the control is specified, interpreted, and inspected. Detailed drawings illustrate the topics discussed.
Study questions and problems at the end of each chapter emphasize key concepts and serve as a self-test. Ensure the proper assembly of parts, improve quality, and reduce costs with help from this authoritative resource.
* Dimensioning and tolerancing fundamentals * Symbols, terms, and rules * Datums * Form--flatness, straightness, circularity and cylindricity * Orientation--perpendicularity, parallelism, and angularity * Position--general, location, and coaxially * Concentricity and symmetry * Runout * Profile * Graphic analysis * Strategy for tolerancing parts
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A fully updated guide to geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
This thoroughly revised engineering textbook teaches the principles and practices of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing in a straightforward, easy-to-follow manner. Written in accordance with the latest revision to the GD&T standard, ASME Y14.5-2018, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing for Mechanical Design, Third Edition shows, step by step, how to improve quality, lower cost, and shorten delivery times. You will get clear definitions along with detailed discussions on how each geometric control is specified, interpreted, and inspected. Detailed drawings and examples illustrate each concept.
Up-to-date coverage includes:
- • Dimensioning and tolerancing fundamentals
• Symbols, terms, and rules
• Form—flatness, straightness, circularity and cylindricity
• Orientation—perpendicularity, parallelism, and angularity
• Position—general functions and location applications
• Strategy for tolerancing parts
• Graphic analysis
• And more