Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About George K. Simon
Dr. George K. Simon is an internationally acclaimed authority on manipulators and other disturbed characters. He is a sought after speaker who has given numerous instructional seminars and made numerous radio and TV appearances, including on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News Channel, and HBO. His bestselling books include In Sheep's Clothing, Character Disturbance, The Judas Syndrome, How Did We End Up Here?, Lobos con Piel de Cordero, and Essentials for the Journey.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Dr. George Simon knows how people push your buttons. Your children--especially teens--are expert at it, as is your mate. A co-worker may quietly undermine your efforts while professing to be helpful, or your boss may prey on your weaknesses. Manipulative people have two goals: to win and to look good doing it. Often those they abuse are only vaguely aware of what is happening to them. In this eye-opening book, you'll also discover...
* 4 reasons why victims have a hard time leaving abusive relationships
* Power tactics manipulators use to push their own agendas and justify their behavior
*Ways to redefine the rules of engagement between you and an abuser
* How to spot potential weaknesses in your character that can set you up for manipulation.
* 12 tools for personal empowerment to help you maintain greater strength in all relationships
Modern permissiveness and the new culture of entitlement allows disturbed people to reach adulthood without proper socialization. In a book meant both for the general public and for professionals, bestselling author and psychologist George Simon explains in plain English:
•How most disturbed characters think.
•The habitual behaviors the disturbed use to avoid responsibility and to manipulate, deceive, and exploit others.
•Why victims in relationships with disturbed characters do not get help they need from traditional therapies.
•A straightforward guide to recognizing and understanding all relevant personality types, especially those most likely to undermine relationships.
•A new framework for making sense of the crazy world many find themselves in when there's a disturbed character in their lives.
•Concrete principles that promote responsibility and positive change when engaging disturbed characters.
•Tactics (for both lay persons and therapists) to lessen the chances for victimization and empower those who would otherwise be victims in their relationships with many types of disturbed characters.
Filled with many examples, Judas Syndrome gives concrete ways to prevent people, even other Christians, from hurting you and the role that faith can play in changing them and helping you avoid the pain that these relationships often bring. Although sometimes we suffer as a result of our own shortcomings and missteps, placing our trust in Christ's message of love provides the gateway to the life God intends for us. In other words, faith can really save us—a faith, however, that is not easily undertaken on a daily basis or one that can be sustained alone.
El Dr. George Simon sabe cómo algunas personas tocan la fibra sensible de otras. Tus hijos-en especial las adolescentes-son expertos en esto, al igual que tu pareja. Puede que tus compaiieros de trabajo desacrediten tus esfuerzos calladamente pretendiendo ser serviciales, o que tu jefe se aproveche de tus flaquezas. Las personas manipuladoras persiguen dos propósitos: ganar y quedar bien al hacerlo. A menudo, aquellos de quienes abusan apenas perciben lo que está pasando. Esta reveladora obra te abrirá los ojos y en ella descubrirás …
• 4 motivos par las que a las víctimas les cuesta tanto romper con susrelaciones abusivas
• tácticas que utilizan las manipuladores para imponer sus intenciones ocultas y justificar su comportamiento
• tácnicas para redefinir las reglas del juego entre tú y el abusador
• cómo detectar aquellos puntos débiles de tu carácter que tienden a hacerte caer en las redes de las manipuladores
• 12 técnicas de fortalecimiento personal que te ayudarán a tener mayor firmeza en todas tus relaciones