Gershon Ben Keren
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Gershon Ben Keren
Gershon Ben Keren (Born 1972), is a Krav Maga Instructor & Self Protection Specialist, who teaches Krav Maga in Boston, Massachusetts. He currently holds a 5th Degree Black Belt,and received both his Black Belts, and teaching certifications in Israel. In 2010 He was inducted into the Museum of Israeli Martial Arts, in Herzilya, Israel. He has trained under some of the IDF's most highest ranked trainers and instructors (including Dennis Hanover, Miki Assulin, Guy Hanover and Eyal Yanilov etc), and continues to return to Israel to train.
Having worked in the security sector, as an operative, trainer and consultant, his emphasis is on violence mitigation, prediction, and avoidance. His real world experiences, coupled with his academic background in psychology (he holds an MA in Psychology, and has conducted research in violence and aggression; it's causes and manifestations), informs the reality-based self-defense training that he provides to individuals, corporations, and agencies. He lives in Boston, where he runs his full time school, and corporate services, as well as free women’s self-defense/self-protection training, in-person and online, through Krav Maga Yashir Boston.
He is the author of the weekly "Krav Maga Blog" (www.kravmagablog.com) and is a contributor to www.Jetli.com and Blitz Martial Arts Magazine. His free women's personal safety/self-protection program is available at www.womensselfdefense-seps.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Gershon Ben Keren
Author Gershon Ben Keren explains the philosophy behind the Krav Maga method, which is the basis of the Israel Defense Force's (IDF) devastating close combat system. This book lays out a systematic approach to self-defense and provides illustrated confrontation scenarios paired with tailored practical responses.
Accompanied by clear, easy-to-follow photographs, practical combat skills are described in step-by-step detail, along with the movement patterns needed to make them effective in real-life settings. All of the photos in the book were shot in real-time, demonstrating what realistic movements--both from the attacker's and defender's perspective--look like. Where applicable, techniques have been shot in the scenarios in which they occur such as bars, restrooms, ATMs, etc. The situational components of such violent incidents are explained, so the reader can learn to identify, predict, and avoid violence before it occurs.
Contents of this Krav Maga book include:
- What is Krav Maga?
- Krav Maga Yashir
- Introduction to author Gershon Ben Keren
- Basic Skills (Stances, Movement, Blocking and Striking)--The Timeline of Violence; Controlling Range; Relative Body Positioning; Groin Kick; Driving Knee
- Self-Defense Scenarios--Knife Disarming; Gun to Front of Body; Abductions and Hostage Taking; Knife Shank; Improvised Weapons
- Unarmed Assaults and Dynamic Components of Violence--Preventing a Front Headlock; Applying an Effective Guillotine; Defending Knees in a Clinch
- and more!
Krav Maga is the official self-defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces and has been battle-tested by police, armed forces, private security personnel and security-minded individuals around the globe for 60 years. Krav Maga teaches you how to quickly size up a dangerous situation and neutralize your attackers before they gain the upper hand.
This martial arts book is full of examples of real-world life-threatening situations, and in each case the clear, step-by-step photographs and text illustrate an effective solution--showing you how to disrupt your attacker's strategy, disarm them, damage or destroy their ability to harm you, and quickly disengage so you can move to a more secure location.
Krav Maga Tactical Survival covers the following essential techniques:
- Upper Body Combatives (hammer-fist strikes, hook punches, head-butts, front kicks and more)
- De-escalation techniques
- Spoiling knife and firearm draws
- Neutralizing knife and firearm attacks
- Dealing with unarmed attacks (clothing grabs, chokes and bear hugs)
- Executing pick-ups and throws
In his third book, Gershon Ben Keren explains how Krav Maga techniques can be used to survive some of the most relevant, extreme situations including carjackings, home invasions and attempted mass killings. The book also details predator profiling methods to aid in the prediction, prevention and avoidance of violence.
Demonstrating effective solutions that have been tried and tested in both the real world and through reconstructions of real-life events, each section of Krav Maga Extreme Survival presents detailed instructions alongside a series of photographs that show how to defend yourself and others against:
- Attacks in workplaces, homes and public places
- Instances of domestic violence including violent and abusive relationships
- Assailants armed with knives, handguns, long barrel firearms, explosives, and improvised weapons
- Attacks in cars and other confined and restricted spaces
- Vehicular rammings
- Unarmed attackers
- One-on-one assaults and attacks targeting a group