Other Sellers on Amazon
Get Out of Your Head Study Guide: A Study in Philippians Paperback – April 7, 2020
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Have you ever felt like who you are now isn’t all that you were meant to be? I know I have.
I wanted to see what scripture had to say about this and how Jesus was the answer. So I set on this journey through Paul’s letter to the Philippian church.
It begins with the renewing of our minds. This isn’t a trick or life-hack but a rewiring of our brains. Scientific research is confirming what the bible has always told us: we can interrupt self-defeating spirals of thought and change our thinking. We can have the mind of Christ, like Paul encourages.
I wrote this six-session bible study to share the truth that you are not at the mercy of your thoughts and feelings. You can get free.
What does it look like to have the mind of Christ? To find our complete happiness in him? Join us on this study that includes video teaching, group discussion, and personal study that will inspire real change from the inside out and will help you choose to get out of your head and into the mind of Christ.
- Introduction: Spiraling Out
- Make the Shift
- Weapons We Use, Pt 1
- Weapons We Use, Pt 2
- A New Way to Live
- A Mind Like Christ
|Topic/Theme:||Books of the Bible|
|Recommended Uses:||Women's Ministry, Small Group Bible Studies|
|Homework Time Commitment:||Substantial|
|Study Format:||Video Study with Study Guide and Conversation Cards|
|Sessions:||6 | ~18 minutes each|
|Get Out of Your Head Leader's Guide||Get Out of Your Head Study Guide||Get Out of Your Head Video Study||Get Out of Your Head Conversation Card Deck||Get Out of Your Head Curriculum Kit|
|What's Available?||The leader’s guide prepares you to lead this study and encourages you along the way.||The study guide uses projects, stories, and Bible study to engage the mind and heart. There are six weeks of Bible study for your group.||Six short but deep videos provide a starting place for meeting God and for transparent conversations. Each video is approximately 18 minutes long.||Conversation cards offer questions for spontaneous and authentic discussion time. You choose the questions that speak to you.||Best Value! The Get Out of Your Head video-based study Kit includes DVD, Study Guide, Leader’s Guide, and Conversation Cards.|
About the Author
Jennie Allen is an author, speaker, and the founder and visionary of IF:Gathering. She is a passionate leader following God’s call on her life to catalyze a generation to live what they believe. Jennie is the author of Made for This, Anything, Nothing to Prove, and her most recent New York Times bestselling book, Get Out of Your Head. Her Bible studies include Stuck, Chase, Restless, Proven, and Get Out of Your Head. Jennie has a master’s in biblical studies from Dallas Theological Seminary and lives in Dallas, Texas, with her husband, Zac, and their four children.
- ASIN : 0310116376
- Publisher : HarperChristian Resources; Study Guide ed. edition (April 7, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 160 pages
- Item Weight : 16 ounces
- Dimensions : 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,265 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Jennie is anointed and has a passion for her ministry that goes beyond her books. She is driven to "serve others". When I listen to her messages (without notes), she seems to posture herself on the edge of something. It's like her words are not fast enough to convey what's in her mind and heart. I love this fire in her.
2. The setting she chooses are intention and full of symbolism of the message that she is teaching. I won't spoil that for you. I'll let you experience that for yourself.
3. One critic on her said the book doesn't match her workbook, and there are no discussion questions. If you read that review, it's untrue. Her text pairs beautifully with the workbook, but Allen is smart enough to allow your "reading experience" to be more fluid than your "writing/workbook" experience. If you want to read the first four chapters, you can, and you still will hear her pull the text into the messages and the workbook. I love that, and you will too.
4. If you suffer from anxiety, depression, disappointment, disillusionment, fear, and want a deeper connect point with God, this is a safe place to start. I love that she does give you meaty material as well as balancing it with practical exercises THAT WORK!
5. She is respectful of time--she doesn't teach hour-long messages with a week's worth of homework. While that format works well for the studious of Bible readers and those who really have the commitment, she teaches her students to be good stewards of time. This is definitely do-able for a power-hour lunch meeting with the girls. Twenty minutes for the message with plenty of time for worship and discussion.
01/21/21 I did hear back from a team member and they suggest doing the book first with their free "book club" resource...which also includes listening to two different podcasts. After completing that, then proceed with the study guide (on the book of Philippians) and videos which does correspond (ie - session 1 & video 1).
I have watched two of the videos and have found they do not necessarily add to understanding what the weeks overarching point is. Still, we're only in week 2. I believe God can use anyone or anything to help me grow so I remain hopeful but if this process (multiple resources - several items per study, used at different times - two 6 week studies) I don't think this author would be the best fit for me.