Getting Started in Technical Analysis (Getting Started In... Book 19) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
* Types of charts-bar, close-only, point-and-figure, candlestick.
* Chart patterns-one-day, continuation, top and bottom formations, the importance of failed signals.
* Trading systems-trend-following, counter-trend, pattern recognition.
* Charting and analysis software-price data issues, time frame/trading style considerations, software research.
* he planned trading approach-trading philosophy, choosing markets, risk control strategies, establishing a trading routine.
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Customers also search
From the Publisher
About the Author
- ASIN : B000U5I1JM
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (May 2, 2008)
- Publication date : May 2, 2008
- Language : English
- File size : 14494 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Not Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 352 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #370,812 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For me, The book is perfect. I was not seeking for a straight line, I was looking for the opportunities. I love how the writer says that mostly analysis is arbitrary and depends on individuals, he also included his opinions, saying it's not common to think so, but he does. That's the most important thing to me and what I was interested in. Thank you very much!
Not sure how much I will use what I learned per-se but overall a nice easy read!
I also thought the chapters on flags/pendants was lacking in explanation. Coincidentally, it seems like flags/pendants are his go-to chart patterns as he uses them in all of his real example trades he's made.
I think this is a good book but certainly not a book you'd want to trade and start reading. I would suggest getting this and others -- they'll likely complement each other to bring things into a better perspective.
Top reviews from other countries
As book title indicates, this book is a beginner’s guide and therefore only covers the very basic concepts which one might have heard from other sources before. That said, I believe that the basic concepts combined with the right mindset should be enough. Trading is hard work and requires a lot more market analysis but as I said in the beginning, chart analysis is just one other tool amongst many to consider and this book does a good job to cover this particular one.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 4, 2021