Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Ghosts Hardcover – Illustrated, September 13, 2016
Enhance your purchase
Raina Telgemeier has masterfully created a moving and insightful story about the power of family and friendship, and how it gives us the courage to do what we never thought possible.
Frequently bought together
From School Library Journal
* "Telgemeier's bold colors, superior visual storytelling, and unusual subject matter will keep readers emotionally engaged and unable to put down this compelling tale." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A can't-miss addition to middle grade graphic novel shelves; hand to fans of the author and newcomers alike." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "The story is consistently engaging, the plot is tightly built." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
"[A] gem of a graphic novel" -- Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
"Raina Telgemeier’s characters fizz with visual energy." -- The New York Times Book Review
- Publisher : GRAPHIX; Illustrated edition (September 13, 2016)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0545540615
- ISBN-13 : 978-0545540612
- Reading age : 8 - 12 years
- Lexile measure : GN300L
- Grade level : 3 - 7
- Item Weight : 1.3 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.6 x 1.1 x 8.1 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #46,733 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My favorite part of the book is when Catherine meets thatt old lady at the halloween party who she thinks is her grandmother. This part shows love and kindness because Catherine gives juice and love to that old lady who Catherine doesnt even know. Even if that old lady is a ghost, Catherine got used to it and gave love to almost everyone in the book. Also this book is very simalar to Sisters because Catherine and Maya get along and Catherine tries to help Maya feel better. Since there is no cure for Maya 's cystic fibrosis .....she keeps thinking about dying. That part makes me feel sad for Maya. Until when a little kid ghost (Carlos 's uncle) talks with Maya about how it is like to be a ghost. The part that leaves kind of a cliffhanger is the part when the cat at the end of the book looks like he/she cooks the food. I really want to know who that cat is and what did it do. I think The cat is the grandmother.
Overall...I definetely recommend this book to all readers of any age! Amazing book Raina Telemeiger!! :)