Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Glen Cordoza
Customers Also Bought Items By
Improve your athletic performance, extend your athletic career, treat stiffness and achy joints, and prevent and rehabilitate injuries—all without having to seek out a coach, doctor, chiropractor, physical therapist, or masseur. In Becoming a Supple Leopard, Dr. Kelly Starrett, founder of MobilityWOD, shares his revolutionary approach to mobility and maintenance of the human body and teaches you how to hack your own movement, allowing you to live a healthier, more fulfilling life. This new edition of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller has been thoroughly revised to make it even easier to put to use.
Want to truly understand the principles that guide human movement? Becoming a Supple Leopard lays out a blueprint for moving safely and effectively through life and sport. Want to learn how to apply those principles to specific movements, whether you are doing squats in the gym or picking up a bag of groceries? Hundreds of step-by-step photos show you not only how to perform a host of exercise movements, such the squat, deadlift, pushup, kettlebell swing, clean, snatch, and muscle-up, but also how to correct the common faults associated with those movements. Frustrated because you can't perform a certain movement correctly due to range of motion restrictions? Breaking the body down into 14 distinct areas, Starrett demonstrates hundreds of mobilization techniques that will help you resolve restrictions and reclaim your mobility. Unsure how to put it all together into a program that addresses your individual needs? This updated edition lays out dozens of prescriptions that allow you to hone in on a specific limitation, a nagging injury, or an exercise fault that you just can't seem to get right. It even offers a 14-day full-body mobility overhaul.
Performance is what drives us as human beings, but dysfunctional movement patterns can bring the human body to an abrupt halt. Often, the factors that impede performance are invisible even to seasoned athletes and coaches. Becoming a Supple Leopard makes the invisible visible. Whether you are a professional athlete, a weekend warrior, or simply someone wanting to live healthy and free from physical restrictions, this one-of-a-kind training manual will teach you how to harness your athletic potential and maintain your body.
Learn how to perform basic maintenance on your body, unlock your athletic potential, live pain-free…and become a Supple Leopard.
This step-by-step guide to movement and mobility will show you how to:
- Move safely and efficiently in all situations
- Organize your spine and joints in optimal, stable positions
- Restore normal function to your joints and tissues
- Accelerate recovery after training sessions and competition
- Properly perform strength and conditioning movements like the squat, bench press, pushup, deadlift, clean, and snatch
- Build efficient, transferable movement patterns and skill progressions from simple to more advanced exercises
- Identify, diagnose, and correct inefficient movement patterns
- Treat and resolve common symptoms like low back pain, carpal tunnel, shoulder pain, and tennis elbow
- Prevent and rehabilitate common athletic injuries
- Use mobilization techniques to address short and stiff muscles, soft tissue and joint capsule restriction, motor control problems, and joint range of motion limitations
- Create personalized mobility prescriptions to improve movement efficiency
Improve your physique, build lean muscle, increase strength—Glute Lab is the all-in-one glute training system that will teach you how to do all this and more.
The gluteus maximus is the largest and most versatile muscle in the human body. In addition to being aesthetically appealing and controlling a wide range of functional movements, big, strong glutes set you up to lift heavier, jump higher, sprint faster, and swing harder and can even play a role in preventing knee, hip, and lower back pain and injuries.
Your glutes influence every aspect of your physical life: from the way you look and how you feel to your ability to run, jump, cut, lift, and twist. Yet few understand how to properly build and develop this all-important muscle.
Enter Glute Lab. In this book, Bret "The Glute Guy" Contreras—PhD, personal trainer, and bestselling author—lays out a glute training system that will help you reach your strength, performance, and physique goals. Through descriptive narrative, step-by-step images and illustrations, and easy-to-follow training programs, the Glute Guy distills the science and art of glute training into one comprehensive manual.
Whether you're a bodybuilder, physique competitor, athlete, powerlifter, CrossFitter, personal trainer, physical therapist, or simply someone who wants to improve your physique, this book contains everything you need to know about building bigger, stronger, leaner, higher-performing glutes.
In this book, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of optimal glute training
- How to perform the most effective glute-building exercises
- How to select exercises based on your goals and body type
- Variations for the hip thrust, deadlift, and squat exercises
- The science behind how muscle develops and grows
- The anatomy and function of the glutes
- How to design a customized glute-training program
- Techniques and programs for sculpting rounder, stronger glutes
- The importance of glute training for aesthetics, health, strength, and performance
- How glute training can prevent knee, hip, and low back injuries and pain
- Strategies for targeting different areas of the glutes and lower body
- More than 30 glute burnout circuits and workouts.
You'd better stand up for this bit of news.
Sitting can wreak havoc on your health, and not just in the form of minor aches and pains. Recent studies show that too much sitting contributes to a host of diseases—from obesity and diabetes to cancer and depression. The typical seated office worker suffers from more musculoskeletal injuries than those workers who do daily manual labor. It turns out that sitting is as much an occupational risk as is lifting heavy weights on the job. The facts are in: sitting literally shortens your life. Your chair is your enemy, and it is murdering your body.
In this groundbreaking new book, Dr. Kelly Starrett—renowned physical therapist and author of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller Becoming a Supple Leopard—unveils a detailed battle plan for surviving our chair-centric society. Deskbound provides creative solutions for reducing the amount of time you spend perched on your backside, as well as strategies for transforming your desk into a dynamic, active workstation that can improve your life.
You will learn how to:
- Easily identify and fix toxic body positions
- Eradicate back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Mitigate carpel tunnel syndrome forever
- Organize and stabilize your spine and trunk
- Walk, hinge, squat, and carry with peak skill
- Perform daily body maintenance work using 14 mobility templates for resolving pain and increasing range of motion
Whether your goal is to maximize your performance in or out of the workplace, lose weight, or simply live pain-free, Deskbound will work for you. It is a revolutionary cure for death-by-desk.
Through thousands of step-by-step color photographs and detailed narrative, "Power, Speed, ENDURANCE" breaks down proper running, cycling, and swimming mechanics like never before. MacKenzie's unique system of building strength, speed, and power is aimed at reaping continual results, without injury. In fact, he devotes an entire chapter to the "broken down" athlete, equipping you with the knowledge to prevent, repair, and treat injuries brought on by poor mechanics and tight overworked muscles. In addition, MacKenzie outlines a straightforward approach to nutrition, hydration, and electrolyte balance that will increase your energy, boost your performance, and accelerate your recovery.
Whether you're a self-trained athlete looking to compete in your first endurance event, a seasoned competitor looking to reach your highest potential, or a CrossFit athlete looking to increase stamina, "Power, Speed, ENDURANCE" will help you reach your goal.In this book, you will learn how to:
- develop proper running technique using the Pose Method
- properly fit yourself on a bike
- improve cycling mechanics on a road, time-trial, and mountain bike
- swim effortlessly and improve freestyle-stroke mechanics through skill-based drills and exercises
- accelerate work capacity and minimize fatigue by building muscle, speed, and power
- incorporate a CrossFit Endurance strength-and-conditioning program into your training routine
- maximize nutrition, hydration, and electrolyte balance to improve performance and body composition
- prevent, repair, and treat nagging injuries associated with endurance sports and improve range of motion using Starrett's Movement and Mobility Method.
Let elite Muay Thai warriors turn your body into an unbeatable weapon!
Written by professional Muay Thai fighters and trainers, Muay Thai Unleashed shows you how to master this feared and dangerous martial art. Author and trainer Erich Krauss, along with Muay Thai pros Glen Cordoza and Tana (Chun) Yingwitayakhun, teach you the same body-punishing techniques that are used at the highest levels of Muay Thai competition. Whether you use these skills in the ring or on the street in self-defense, your opponents will regret the day you read this book.
Unleash your potential with:
* Kicks * Punches * Elbow strikes * Knee strikes * Clinching techniques * Defense and counters * An arsenal of combinations
In seinem bahnbrechenden neuen Buch stellt der namhafte Physiotherapeut und Autor des weltweiten Bestsellers Werde ein geschmeidiger Leopard Dr. Kelly Starrett einen detaillierten Schlachtplan für das Überleben in unserer sitzenden Gesellschaft vor. Er bietet kreative Lösungen, um die Zeit zu verkürzen, die wir sitzend verbringen, und zeigt Strategien, mit denen sich der Schreibtisch in einen dynamischen Arbeitsplatz verwandeln lässt.
Der Leser lernt, wie man:
- schädliche Körperhaltungen ausfindig macht und korrigiert
- Rücken-, Nacken- und Schulterschmerzen eliminiert
- Karpaltunnelsyndrome vermeidet bzw. dauerhaft lindert
- Wirbelsäule und Rumpf korrekt ausrichtet und stabilisiert
- natürlich läuft, in die Hocke geht, Lasten trägt und den Rumpf beugt
- mit 14 Mobilisationsplänen tägliche Grundlagen-Körperarbeit absolviert, um Schmerzen zu beseitigen und die Beweglichkeit zu verbessern
Dieses Buch hilft allen, die viel sitzen, egal ob sie ihre Leistung am Arbeitsplatz oder jenseits davon verbessern, Gewicht verlieren oder einfach nur schmerzfrei leben wollen. Es ist eine revolutionäre Kur gegen den Schreibtischtod.
Detaillierte Beschreibungen und eine Vielzahl von Schritt-für Schritt-Fotografien erklären die Bewegungsmechanik des Laufens, Radfahrens und Schwimmens so verständlich wie nie zuvor. Athleten und Trainer erfahren, wie typische Verletzungen, die durch fehlerhafte Bewegungsabläufe und verhärtete, überbeanspruchte Muskeln verursacht werden, vermieden, behandelt und geheilt werden können. Weitere Abschnitte befassen sich mit der Ernährung sowie dem Flüssigkeits- und Elektrolythaushalt, die das Energielevel erhöhen, die Leistung steigern und die Regeneration beschleunigen können.
Sowohl der Hobbysportler, der für seinen ersten Wettkampf trainiert, als auch der erfahrene Athlet, der nach Höchstleistung strebt, oder der CrossFitter, der sein Stehvermögen, seine Kraft, Schnelligkeit und AUSDAUER erhöhen will – mit diesem Buch erreicht jeder sein Ziel.