Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Glenys Nellist
Although I live in Michigan, USA, I was born and raised in a little village in northern England.
I grew up in a big old house, with two wonderful parents and seven siblings. My dad was the one who introduced me to the gospel. My mum was the one who encouraged me to work with children.
And at primary school, my teacher was the one who urged me to write. One day a week, I was one of the lucky few withdrawn from the classroom to sit in big, comfy armchairs in the teachers' lounge. There, in front of a roaring log fire, with pencil and paper at the ready, I would write.
Four long decades later, I would find myself living across the pond, married to a wonderful man, mum to four children and three daughters-in-law, and grandma to three bouncing boys and one gorgeous girl. And as if all that wasn’t blessing enough, I somehow became an author, despite giving up on my first book half way through.
And if you would have told me then, that this book would one day become a series, that I would begin a second series, and a third… I never would have believed you. The only possible explanation is that our great God is able to do immeasurably more than all I could ever ask or possibly imagine.
And to God, alone, be the glory.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Glenys Nellist
Reading about baptism can help children understand how, through baptism, we become members of God’s great family. Baptized in the Water, written by bestselling author Glenys Nellist, is a beautifully illustrated picture book that celebrates that very important event, no matter when or what form baptism takes in a person’s life.
Baptized in the Water: Becoming a Member of God’s Family:
- Features beautiful prose and poetry that celebrates and explains baptism
- Illustrates various forms of baptism, from infant to adult
- Showcases various Christian faith traditions through vibrant illustrations
- Is perfect for baptism and newborn gifts
Baptized in the Water engages children as it begins with the example set by Jesus and shows readers that even though there are varying ways to be baptized, the meaning is the same: in baptism, we all belong to God. And that is a beautiful thing.Baptized in the water,
Like Jesus long ago.
God’s Holy Spirit dances,
As waters gently flow.
Also by Glenys Nellist: the Snuggle Time and Letters from God series, Twas the Evening of Christmas, Twas the Morning of Easter, and The Wonder That Is You.
Every parent dreams of embracing their new child. When that dream comes true, it’s as if all of creation rejoices with them. Celebrate a new arrival with this heartwarming picture book, The Wonder That Is You by bestselling author Glenys Nellist.
The Wonder That Is You is:
- Not only a perfect gift for new babies, but also a precious story to read aloud with big brothers and sisters in anticipation of the new arrival
- A heartwarming way to tell your children, godchildren, or grandchildren of any age how special they are and how much that are loved
- A soothing bedtime book that will have your little ones falling fast asleep in your loving arms
It felt as if the world stood still
The day my dream came true,
And all creation paused to see
The wonder that is you.
The Wonder That Is You is perfect gift for baby showers, baptisms, adoptions, birthdays, or any time you want to tell your little one how much they are loved.
What child does not love to receive mail? What if your child could receive and read his or her own personal mail from God? Love Letters from God invites them to do just that! With 18 of the most popular Bible stories, each story is accompanied by a special and encouraging letter.
Love Letters from God is the first book in the series written by Glenys Nellist. Unique features include:
- 18 letters from God
- Gorgeous, bright illustrations by Sophie Allsopp
- 9 stories from the Old Testament and 9 stories from the New Testament
This picture book is perfect for ages 4–8 and is great for birthdays, Easter baskets, Valentine’s Day, holiday gift giving, or as an addition to your child’s digital library.
Check out other titles from this series, Love Letters from God: Bible Stories for a Girl’s Heart, Easter Love Letters from God: Bible Stories, and Christmas Love Letters from God: Bible Stories.
Through innovative storytelling and open-ended questions, I Wonder: Exploring God’s Grand Story an Illustrated Bible offers a remarkable approach to teaching young minds to wonder about the mysteries found in God’s Word.
The I Wonder: Exploring God’s Grand Story, an Illustrated Bible:
- Encourages children ages 4 to 8 to ask important questions and consider the mystery of the Bible
- Is an inspirational storybook Bible that speaks to the hearts of children everywhere by asking thought-provoking questions at the end of each story that children and adults can read and discuss together as they consider God’s love.
- Is based on a simple but brilliant idea: all good teachers know that the best way to get the attention of their students is to inspire wonder, and God is no different
- Contains 30 stories—15 from the Old Testament and 15 from the New Testament
- Is written by Glenys Nellist, bestselling children's author and creator of two popular series: Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time
Ever since imagining the world into being, God has placed wonder in the hearts of children. The Bible is full of 'I Wonder' moments for all who open their hearts to experience them, and The I Wonder: Exploring God’s Grand Story helps show little ones how to begin.
Snuggle up with your little one and share the warmth of God’s love as you enjoy this adorable collection of bedtime prayers. Filled with soothing rhymes from bestselling author Glenys Nellist, Snuggle Time Prayers is a calming and mindful addition to any child’s bedtime routine.
Featuring cute, cuddly illustrations and read-aloud rhymes, this padded cover board book will delight children with its heartfelt poems that promote mindfulness and gratitude. Get ready for repeated readings and lots of hugs!
This collection of 15 bedtime prayers is:
- Perfect for bedtime snuggles, with a padded cover that fits just right in little hands
- Great for establishing bedtime routines with children ages 0-4
- A soothing collection of rhymed poems and prayers that promote mindfulness and gratitude
- An ideal gift for baby showers, baptisms, Easter, Christmas, birthdays, and other gift giving holidays
- An adorable addition to the bestselling Snuggle Time series, with over 150,000 units sold
- Written by Glenys Nellist, the bestselling author of many beloved children's books, including the Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time series
Check out other the other titles in the Snuggle Time series:
- Snuggle Time Bible Stories
- Snuggle Time Psalms
- Snuggle Time Christmas Stories
- Snuggle Time Fall Blessings
From Glenys Nellist, the author who brought us Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time Prayers, comes a new book about the special bond between a mother and child. God Made Mommy Special is great for parents to read with their children, as the sweet, rhyming text and adorable illustrations by Estelle Corke show how any mommy is special through the eyes of a child and through the eyes of God. Whether it’s a mommy monkey who swings from trees, or a mommy sparrow who cuddles her little one under her wing, this book shows readers all mommies are special in their own way. With a padded cover, this cute and cuddly board book is perfect for little ones and will provide endless amounts of enjoyment for both children and parents alike.
Are you looking for a way to teach your child about Holy Week and Easter? What if your child could also receive, open, and read his or her own personal mail from God to make the lessons come alive? Easter Love Letters from God contains seven beautifully illustrated Bible stories, each accompanied by a special Bible verse and an encouraging letter tucked away in its own lift-the-flap envelope that can be personalized to your child.
Easter Love Letters from God is part of the Love Letters from God series written by Glenys Nellist. Unique features include:
- 7 letters from God on a pull-out page enclosed inside an envelope, with space to write your child’s name on each letter
- Endearing text that applies each Easter story directly to your child’s life and helps grow their faith
- Gorgeous, bright illustrations by Sophie Allsopp
- The wonderous stories leading up to Jesus’s resurrection on Easter Sunday
This interactive picture book is perfect for ages 4-8 and is great for Easter baskets or as an addition to your child’s home library.
Check out other titles from this series: Love Letters from God, Love Letters from God: Bible Stories for a Girl’s Heart, and Christmas Love Letters from God: Bible Stories.
Celebrate the Advent season with a new family tradition with this beautiful and heartwarming collection of devotions and stories from beloved, bestselling author Glenys Nellist, told in the style of the classic ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.
‘Twas the Season of Advent is a 25-day devotional that will inspire your family as you eagerly await the arrival of Christ’s birth!
‘Twas the season of Advent, when all through the earth,
People were pausing to ponder Christ’s birth.
The bright lights were hung ‘round the doorframes with care
In hopes that Christmastime soon would be there…
Prepare the way for the LORD. Isaiah 40:3
Written in both prose and poetry, ‘Twas the Season of Advent will engage children and adults alike and become a new holiday tradition for families everywhere!
From the bestselling author of the holiday favorites ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas and ‘Twas the Morning of Easter, ‘Twas the Season of Advent:
- Delivers prose and poetry that will appeal to all ages, especially 4-8 year-olds
- Brings Advent to life through 25 devotions featuring stories from the Old and New Testaments
- Features beautiful artwork by celebrated illustrator Elena Selivanova
- Serves as the perfect gift for the family as you prepare for the Christmas season
- Presents portions written in the familiar rhyme scheme of Clement C. Moore’s ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Showcases a beautiful cover you’ll want to display on your coffee table all Advent and holiday season
Join Glenys and families around the world as you and your family wait, prepare for, and look forward to the arrival of God’s son, Jesus.
Look for additional inspirational children’s picture books from Glenys:
- ‘Twas the Morning of Easter
- 'Twas the Evening of Christmas
- Snuggle Time series
- Love Letters from God series
When Little Mole is feeling sad in his dark, underground home, his mother shows him how to look for hope. He finds that signs of spring are everywhere, from the daffodil bulbs under the soil to the tiny buds on the branches above. Hope can be found--even in the darkest places.
In Little Mole Finds Hope, best-selling children's author Glenys Nellist and illustrator Sally Garland tell an endearing story sure to lift the spirits of people emerging from the cold of winter or a challenging season of life and inspire them to look for signs that spring will come again.