Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Glenys Nellist
Although I live in Michigan, USA, I was born and raised in a little village in northern England.
I grew up in a big old house, with two wonderful parents and seven siblings. My dad was the one who introduced me to the gospel. My mum was the one who encouraged me to work with children.
And at primary school, my teacher was the one who urged me to write. One day a week, I was one of the lucky few withdrawn from the classroom to sit in big, comfy armchairs in the teachers' lounge. There, in front of a roaring log fire, with pencil and paper at the ready, I would write.
Four long decades later, I would find myself living across the pond, married to a wonderful man, mum to four children and three daughters-in-law, and grandma to three bouncing boys and one gorgeous girl. And as if all that wasn’t blessing enough, I somehow became an author, despite giving up on my first book half way through.
And if you would have told me then, that this book would one day become a series, that I would begin a second series, and a third… I never would have believed you. The only possible explanation is that our great God is able to do immeasurably more than all I could ever ask or possibly imagine.
And to God, alone, be the glory.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Create a new family Advent tradition with a Christmas rhyming storybook that echoes familiar language and rhythm of Clement Moore’s poetry but focuses on the birth of Jesus. With classic illustrations by Elena Selivanova, bestselling author Glenys Nellist shares the heartwarming nativity story.
More than 50,000 copies sold! ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas was named a 2018 ECPA Christian Book Award Finalist.
Gather with your family each Advent season to share the beautiful retelling of the story of Jesus’ birth. This picture book features:
- The nativity story with delightful poetry for children ages 4 to 8
- Calming illustrations from different perspectives to help fully immerse readers in the unfolding events
'Twas the evening of Christmas, when all through the town,
Every inn was so crowded, no room could be found.
Tired Mary and Joseph, who went door to door,
At last found a place on a small stable floor.
“Nellist presents a nativity story that balances a lighthearted, anticipatory tone with an overarching reverence for the subject matter,” said Publishers Weekly. ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas is a recommended Advent gift that will be cherished for many years.
A follow-up to the popular ’Twas the Evening of Christmas from beloved author Glenys Nellist. ’Twas the Morning of Easter tells the story of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh way, with a familiar rhythm and rhyme that children will love, following the pattern of Clement Moore’s iconic “’Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
Glenys Nellist, beloved author of the bestselling ’Twas the Evening of Christmas, reveals the joy and beauty of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh, inspiring way in ’Twas the Morning of Easter. Using the classic cadence of Clement Moore’s iconic poem, “’Twas the Night Before Christmas,” this gorgeous picture book shares the true story of Easter with little ones with read-aloud rhymes and engaging illustrations by Elena Selivanova. With an eye-catching cover decorated in shining foil and embossing, this book is perfect for any Easter basket and sure to be a treasured Easter tradition for years to come.
’Twas the Morning of Easter excerpt:
’Twas the morning of Easter, before the sun rose,Two guards on a hillside were trying to doze.Now Jesus had died, only three days before,A huge stone was in place, sealed over the door.
’Twas the Morning of Easter:
- Is written by Glenys Nellist, author of the beloved The Wonder That Is You, and the Snuggle Time and Love Letters from God series
- Is told in the style of Clement Moore’s iconic poem—“’Twas the Night before Christmas”
- Retells the story of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh way
- Features a familiar rhythm and rhyme that children ages 4-8 will love
- Brings the resurrection story to life through Elena Selivanova’s beautiful, rich illustrations
- Is the perfect way for adults to share the powerful story of Easter with the little ones in their lives
When Little Mole is feeling sad in his dark, underground home, his mother shows him how to look for hope. He finds that signs of spring are everywhere, from the daffodil bulbs under the soil to the tiny buds on the branches above. Hope can be found--even in the darkest places.
In Little Mole Finds Hope, best-selling children's author Glenys Nellist and illustrator Sally Garland tell an endearing story sure to lift the spirits of people emerging from the cold of winter or a challenging season of life and inspire them to look for signs that spring will come again.
Snuggle up with your child and share the warmth of God’s love as you read this delightful collection of stories by bestselling author Glenys Nellist celebrating Easter and the coming of spring.
Spring is almost here! And all the wonderful things we love about the season are coming with it. Filled with soothing rhymes from Glenys Nellist and adorable animals illustrated by Cee Biscoe, Snuggle Time Easter Stories uses simple language to introduce even the youngest readers to the true meaning—and hope—of the first Easter, sharing Jesus is alive!
This charming book is a wonderful nighttime or naptime read.
Snuggle Time Easter Stories is:
- A charming Easter addition to the bestselling Snuggle Time series, with over 300,000 units sold
- Written by Glenys Nellist, the bestselling author of many beloved children's books, including the Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time series
- Features soothing rhymes that are perfect for bedtime snuggles
- Teaches little ones about biblical truths in an accessible way
Celebrate the Advent season with a new family tradition with this beautiful and heartwarming collection of devotions and stories from beloved, bestselling author Glenys Nellist, told in the style of the classic ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.
‘Twas the Season of Advent is a 25-day devotional that will inspire your family as you eagerly await the arrival of Christ’s birth!
‘Twas the season of Advent, when all through the earth,
People were pausing to ponder Christ’s birth.
The bright lights were hung ‘round the doorframes with care
In hopes that Christmastime soon would be there…
Prepare the way for the LORD. Isaiah 40:3
Written in both prose and poetry, ‘Twas the Season of Advent will engage children and adults alike and become a new holiday tradition for families everywhere!
From the bestselling author of the holiday favorites ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas and ‘Twas the Morning of Easter, ‘Twas the Season of Advent:
- Delivers prose and poetry that will appeal to all ages, especially 4-8 year-olds
- Brings Advent to life through 25 devotions featuring stories from the Old and New Testaments
- Features beautiful artwork by celebrated illustrator Elena Selivanova
- Serves as the perfect gift for the family as you prepare for the Christmas season
- Presents portions written in the familiar rhyme scheme of Clement C. Moore’s ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Showcases a beautiful cover you’ll want to display on your coffee table all Advent and holiday season
Join Glenys and families around the world as you and your family wait, prepare for, and look forward to the arrival of God’s son, Jesus.
Look for additional inspirational children’s picture books from Glenys:
- ‘Twas the Morning of Easter
- 'Twas the Evening of Christmas
- Snuggle Time series
- Love Letters from God series
Every parent dreams of embracing their new child. When that dream comes true, it’s as if all of creation rejoices with them. Celebrate a new arrival with this heartwarming picture book, The Wonder That Is You by bestselling author Glenys Nellist.
The Wonder That Is You is:
- Not only a perfect gift for new babies, but also a precious story to read aloud with big brothers and sisters in anticipation of the new arrival
- A heartwarming way to tell your children, godchildren, or grandchildren of any age how special they are and how much that are loved
- A soothing bedtime book that will have your little ones falling fast asleep in your loving arms
It felt as if the world stood still
The day my dream came true,
And all creation paused to see
The wonder that is you.
The Wonder That Is You is perfect gift for baby showers, baptisms, adoptions, birthdays, or any time you want to tell your little one how much they are loved.
Through innovative storytelling and open-ended questions, I Wonder: Exploring God’s Grand Story an Illustrated Bible offers a remarkable approach to teaching young minds to wonder about the mysteries found in God’s Word.
The I Wonder: Exploring God’s Grand Story, an Illustrated Bible:
- Encourages children ages 4 to 8 to ask important questions and consider the mystery of the Bible
- Is an inspirational storybook Bible that speaks to the hearts of children everywhere by asking thought-provoking questions at the end of each story that children and adults can read and discuss together as they consider God’s love.
- Is based on a simple but brilliant idea: all good teachers know that the best way to get the attention of their students is to inspire wonder, and God is no different
- Contains 30 stories—15 from the Old Testament and 15 from the New Testament
- Is written by Glenys Nellist, bestselling children's author and creator of two popular series: Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time
Ever since imagining the world into being, God has placed wonder in the hearts of children. The Bible is full of 'I Wonder' moments for all who open their hearts to experience them, and The I Wonder: Exploring God’s Grand Story helps show little ones how to begin.
Snuggle up with your little one and enjoy all the best parts of autumn together—pumpkin picking, colored leaves, hayrides, bonfires, comfy clothes and more—with this adorable, read-aloud children’s book that celebrates the blessings of all your favorite fall activities.
Carving pumpkins. Eating fresh-baked apple pie. Jumping into leaf piles. These are just some of the many fall blessings you’ll celebrate with the little ones in your life Featuring Glenys Nellist’s whimsical rhymes and Cee Biscoe’s cuddly illustrations, Snuggle Time Fall Blessings will become part of your new fall season reading tradition.
Whether you’re a parent or grandparent, Sunday School teacher or older brother or sister, the little ones in your life will be ready for all the joys fall can bring when they hear …
Let’s go apple picking,
Shake them from the tree.
Round and fat and juicy,
The big red one’s for me!
Snuggle Time Fall Blessings is:
- written by Glenys Nellist, the bestselling author of many children's books, including the Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time series
- an adorable addition to the bestselling Snuggle Time series, impacting over 300,000 children and their families
- perfect for bedtime snuggles
Look for additional inspirational children’s picture books in the bestselling Snuggle Time series:
- Snuggle Time Bible Stories
- Snuggle Time Christmas Stories
- Snuggle Time Psalms
- Snuggle Time Prayers
Snuggle Time Bible Stories, written by Glenys Nellist and illustrated by Cee Biscoe, is a beautiful collection of twelve beloved Bible stories that will introduce your little one to God’s Word. Stories include Creation, Noah’s Ark, David and Goliath, the Birth of Jesus, Jesus Loves the Children, the Lost Sheep, and many more. With read-aloud rhymes and soft, cuddly illustrations, this book will delight children and draw them closer to God.
This little book you’re holding
Tells stories that are true.
You’ll find them in the Bible
They’re written just for you.
And as you turn the pages,
There’s something you should know.
This book has one big message—
God really loves you so!
Snuggle Time Christmas Stories, written by Glenys Nellist and illustrated by Cee Biscoe, is a collection of thirteen poems that tell the story of Jesus’s birth for little ones.
This collection of 13 poems:
- Is perfect for kids ages 0-4
- Is great for Advent and Christmas gifting
- Uses simple concepts, rhyming text, and adorable art to help children engage with the Nativity story and grow closer to God.
Check out other the other titles in the Snuggle Time series:
- Snuggle Time Bible Stories
- Snuggle Time Psalms
- Snuggle Time Prayers
Bestselling author Glenys Nellist tells a Christmas tale of generosity and kindness.
It was going to be the best Christmas ever because Little Mole had found the perfect gift for Mama: the biggest, most beautiful mushroom he had ever seen. But on his way home, Little Mole encounters other woodland friends in need. Though it pains him to do so, Little Mole shares pieces of his mushroom with each friend he meets until there's not much left. Disappointed and anxious about what this means for Christmas, Little Mole wraps what's left of the mushroom. He fears Christmas is ruined, but ultimately, Little Mole discovers that his gift was bigger than he ever imagined.
Little Mole's Christmas Gift is a companion to Nellist's spring-themed picture book, Little Mole Finds Hope.