Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Glenys Nellist
I grew up in a big old house, with two wonderful parents and seven siblings. My dad was the one who introduced me to the gospel. My mum was the one who encouraged me to work with children.
And at primary school, my teacher was the one who urged me to write. One day a week, I was one of the lucky few withdrawn from the classroom to sit in big, comfy armchairs in the teachers' lounge. There, in front of a roaring log fire, with pencil and paper at the ready, I would write.
Four long decades later, I would find myself living across the pond, married to a wonderful man, mum to four children and three daughters-in-law, and grandma to three bouncing boys and one gorgeous girl. And as if all that wasn't blessing enough, I somehow became an author, despite giving up on my first book half way through.
And if you would have told me then, that this book would one day become a series, that I would begin a second series, and a third... I never would have believed you. The only possible explanation is that our great God is able to do immeasurably more than all I could ever ask or possibly imagine.
And to God, alone, be the glory.
Customers Also Bought Items By
A follow-up to the popular ’Twas the Evening of Christmas from beloved author Glenys Nellist. ’Twas the Morning of Easter tells the story of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh way, with a familiar rhythm and rhyme that children will love, following the pattern of Clement Moore’s iconic “’Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
Glenys Nellist, beloved author of the bestselling ’Twas the Evening of Christmas, reveals the joy and beauty of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh, inspiring way in ’Twas the Morning of Easter. Using the classic cadence of Clement Moore’s iconic poem, “’Twas the Night Before Christmas,” this gorgeous picture book shares the true story of Easter with little ones with read-aloud rhymes and engaging illustrations by Elena Selivanova. With an eye-catching cover decorated in shining foil and embossing, this book is perfect for any Easter basket and sure to be a treasured Easter tradition for years to come.
’Twas the Morning of Easter excerpt:
’Twas the morning of Easter, before the sun rose,Two guards on a hillside were trying to doze.Now Jesus had died, only three days before,A huge stone was in place, sealed over the door.
’Twas the Morning of Easter:
- Is written by Glenys Nellist, author of the beloved The Wonder That Is You, and the Snuggle Time and Love Letters from God series
- Is told in the style of Clement Moore’s iconic poem—“’Twas the Night before Christmas”
- Retells the story of the resurrection of Jesus in a fresh way
- Features a familiar rhythm and rhyme that children ages 4-8 will love
- Brings the resurrection story to life through Elena Selivanova’s beautiful, rich illustrations
- Is the perfect way for adults to share the powerful story of Easter with the little ones in their lives
Are you looking for a way to teach your child about Holy Week and Easter? What if your child could also receive, open, and read his or her own personal mail from God to make the lessons come alive? Easter Love Letters from God contains seven beautifully illustrated Bible stories, each accompanied by a special Bible verse and an encouraging letter tucked away in its own lift-the-flap envelope that can be personalized to your child.
Easter Love Letters from God is part of the Love Letters from God series written by Glenys Nellist. Unique features include:
- 7 letters from God on a pull-out page enclosed inside an envelope, with space to write your child’s name on each letter
- Endearing text that applies each Easter story directly to your child’s life and helps grow their faith
- Gorgeous, bright illustrations by Sophie Allsopp
- The wonderous stories leading up to Jesus’s resurrection on Easter Sunday
This interactive picture book is perfect for ages 4-8 and is great for Easter baskets or as an addition to your child’s home library.
Check out other titles from this series: Love Letters from God, Love Letters from God: Bible Stories for a Girl’s Heart, and Christmas Love Letters from God: Bible Stories.
Grandma, this one’s especially for you! Written by bestselling author Glenys Nellist, this adorable board book celebrates the loving relationship between a grandma and her little ones with sweet animal rhymes and charming illustrations.
Hop, skip, and run with Grandma Rabbit and roll into a ball with Grandma Hedgehog. Most of all, celebrate Grandma, who’s as sweet as pie!
- Is a durable board book that can easily be wiped clean and fits into small hands
- Makes a perfect gift for ages 0 to 4 for birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Grandparent’s Day, or just to spoil a grandson or granddaughter in the way only a grandma can
- Features trademark charming rhymes by bestselling author Glenys Nellist and heartwarming illustrations by Gail Yerrill
Grandma Snuggles is an engaging board book that celebrates the love between a grandma and her little ones. Whether it’s Grandma Mouse, who shares her cheese, or Grandma Duck, who splashes in the lake, this book shows special cuddles and love, relaying a message that all grandmas are special in their own ways.
When Little Mole is feeling sad in his dark, underground home, his mother shows him how to look for hope. He finds that signs of spring are everywhere, from the daffodil bulbs under the soil to the tiny buds on the branches above. Hope can be found--even in the darkest places.
In Little Mole Finds Hope, best-selling children's author Glenys Nellist and illustrator Sally Garland tell an endearing story sure to lift the spirits of people emerging from the cold of winter or a challenging season of life and inspire them to look for signs that spring will come again.
Create a new family Advent tradition with a Christmas rhyming storybook that echoes familiar language and rhythm of Clement Moore’s poetry but focuses on the birth of Jesus. With classic illustrations by Elena Selivanova, bestselling author Glenys Nellist shares the heartwarming nativity story.
More than 50,000 copies sold! ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas was named a 2018 ECPA Christian Book Award Finalist.
Gather with your family each Advent season to share the beautiful retelling of the story of Jesus’ birth. This picture book features:
- The nativity story with delightful poetry for children ages 4 to 8
- Calming illustrations from different perspectives to help fully immerse readers in the unfolding events
'Twas the evening of Christmas, when all through the town,
Every inn was so crowded, no room could be found.
Tired Mary and Joseph, who went door to door,
At last found a place on a small stable floor.
“Nellist presents a nativity story that balances a lighthearted, anticipatory tone with an overarching reverence for the subject matter,” said Publishers Weekly. ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas is a recommended Advent gift that will be cherished for many years.
Begin a new Advent family tradition with this beautiful celebration of the season! Fill your hearts with joy as you read and reflect on this most special of seasons in our faith.
From Glenys Nellist, the bestselling author of the Snuggle Time and Love Letters from God series as well as the holiday favorites ‘Twas the Evening of Christmas and ‘Twas the Morning of Easter, comes ‘Twas the Season of Advent, a beautiful and heartwarming celebration of Advent that’s perfect for the entire family. Perfect as a family devotional, each day of Advent is celebrated with stories from the Old and New Testaments, highlighting the promise of Christ’s birth.
Written in both prose and poetry, ‘Twas the Season of Advent will engage children and adults alike and become a new holiday tradition for families everywhere!
‘Twas the Season of Advent:
- Written in prose and poetry to appeal to all ages, especially 4-8 year olds
- Brings Advent to life with Scripture as well as the lovely storytelling of Glenys Nellist
- Beautiful artwork done by Elena Selivanova
- Perfect gift for the family as they prepare for the Christmas season
- Portions written in the familiar rhyme scheme of Clement Moore’s Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Cover features spot UV
‘Twas the season of Advent, when all through the earth,
People were pausing to ponder Christ’s birth.
The bright lights were hung ‘round the doorframes with care
In hopes that Christmastime soon would be there…
Prepare the way for the LORD. Isaiah 40:3
Welcome to the wonderful season of Advent! Do you know what Advent means? It means ‘the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event’. Advent is a time when we wait, and prepare for, and look forward to, the arrival of God’s son, Jesus. But the word Advent is part of a bigger word, too. Can you see it in the word Adventure?
Snuggle Time Prayers, written by Glenys Nellist and illustrated by Cee Biscoe, is a perfect bedtime collection of sixteen prayers. This padded cover board book will help children settle down at bedtime and remind them of their blessings as they draw closer to God.
From Glenys Nellist, the author who brought us Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time Prayers, comes a new book about the special bond between a father and child. God Made Daddy Special is great for parents to read with their children, as the sweet, rhyming text and adorable illustrations by Estelle Corke show how any daddy is special through the eyes of a child and through the eyes of God. Whether it’s a daddy giraffe who stretches his neck way up high into the trees, or a daddy polar bear who skates along the ice, this book shows readers all daddies are special in their own way. With a padded cover, this cute and cuddly board book is perfect for little ones and will provide endless amounts of enjoyment for both children and parents alike.
Snuggle Time Bible Stories, written by Glenys Nellist and illustrated by Cee Biscoe, is a beautiful collection of twelve beloved Bible stories that will introduce your little one to God’s Word. Stories include Creation, Noah’s Ark, David and Goliath, the Birth of Jesus, Jesus Loves the Children, the Lost Sheep, and many more. With read-aloud rhymes and soft, cuddly illustrations, this book will delight children and draw them closer to God.
This little book you’re holding
Tells stories that are true.
You’ll find them in the Bible
They’re written just for you.
And as you turn the pages,
There’s something you should know.
This book has one big message—
God really loves you so!
What child does not love to receive mail? What if your child could receive and read his or her own personal mail from God? Love Letters from God invites them to do just that! With 18 of the most popular Bible stories, each story is accompanied by a special and encouraging letter.
Love Letters from God is the first book in the series written by Glenys Nellist. Unique features include:
- 18 letters from God
- Gorgeous, bright illustrations by Sophie Allsopp
- 9 stories from the Old Testament and 9 stories from the New Testament
This picture book is perfect for ages 4–8 and is great for birthdays, Easter baskets, Valentine’s Day, holiday gift giving, or as an addition to your child’s digital library.
Check out other titles from this series, Love Letters from God: Bible Stories for a Girl’s Heart, Easter Love Letters from God: Bible Stories, and Christmas Love Letters from God: Bible Stories.
The I Wonder: Exploring God's Grand Story, an Illustrated Bible:
- Encourages children ages 4 to 8 to ask important questions and consider the mystery of the Bible
- Is an inspirational storybook Bible that speaks to the hearts of children everywhere by asking thought-provoking questions at the end of each story that children and adults can read and discuss together as they consider God's love.
- Is based on a simple but brilliant idea: all good teachers know that the best way to get the attention of their students is to inspire wonder, and God is no different
- Contains 30 stories--15 from the Old Testament and 15 from the New Testament
- Is written by Glenys Nellist, bestselling children's author and creator of two popular series: Love Letters from God and Snuggle Time