Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Greg Harvey
His love of teaching has translated into an equal love of writing. For Dummies books are, of course, his all-time favorites to write because they enable him to write to his favorite audience, the beginner. They also enable him to use humor (a key element to success in the training room) and, most delightful of all, to express an opinion or two about the subject matter at hand.
Greg received his doctorate degree in Humanities in Philosophy and Religion with a concentration in Asian Studies and Comparative Religion last May. Everyone is glad that Greg was finally able to get out of school before he retired.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Make Excel work for you
Excel 2019 All-In-One For Dummies offers eight books in one!! It is completely updated to reflect the major changes Microsoft is making to Office with the 2019 release. From basic Excel functions, such as creating and editing worksheets, to sharing and reviewing worksheets, to editing macros with Visual Basic, it provides you with a broad scope of the most common Excel applications and functions—including formatting worksheets, setting up formulas, protecting worksheets, importing data, charting data, and performing statistical functions.
The book covers importing data, building and editing worksheets, creating formulas, generating pivot tables, and performing financial functions, what-if scenarios, database functions, and Web queries. More advanced topics include worksheet sharing and auditing, performing error trapping, building and running macros, charting data, and using Excel in conjunction with Microsoft Power BI (Business Intelligence) to analyze, model, and visualize vast quantities of data from a variety of local and online sources.
- Get familiar with Worksheet design
- Find out how to work with charts and graphics
- Use Excel for data management, analysis, modeling, and visualization
- Make sense of macros and VBA
If you’re a new or inexperienced user looking to spend more time on your projects than trying to figure out how to make Excel work for you, this all-encompassing book makes it easy!
Excel 2016 All-in-One For Dummies, the most comprehensive Excel reference on the market, is completely updated to reflect Microsoft's changes in the popular spreadsheet tool. It offers you everything you need to grasp basic Excel functions, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, importing data, performing statistical functions, editing macros with Visual Basic—and beyond. In no time, your Excel skills will go from 'meh' to excellent.
Written by expert Greg Harvey, who has sold more than 4.5 million copies of his previous books combined and has taught and trained extensively in Microsoft Excel, this all-encompassing guide offers everything you need to get started with Excel. From generating pivot tables and performing financial functions to performing error trapping and building and running macros—and everything in between—this hands-on, friendly guide makes working with Excel easier than ever before.
- Serves as the ideal reference for solving common questions and Excel pain points quickly and easily
- Helps to increase productivity and efficiency when working in Excel
- Fully updated for the new version of Excel
- Covers basic and more advanced Excel topics
If working in Excel occasionally makes you want to scream, this will be the dog-eared, dust-free reference you'll turn to again and again.
The bestselling Excel book on the market — now in a new edition covering the latest version of Excel!
Excel is the spreadsheet and data analysis tool of choice for people across the globe who utilize the Microsoft Office suite to make their work and personal lives easier. It is estimated that 1 in 7 people on the planet use Microsoft Office! If you’re one of them, and want to get up to speed on the latest changes in Excel, you’ve come to the right place.
Excel 2019 For Dummies has been updated to reflect the major changes and features made to Excel and covers everything you need to know to perform any spreadsheet task at hand. It includes information on creating and editing worksheets, formatting cells, entering formulas, creating and editing charts, inserting graphs, designing database forms, adding database records, using seek-and-find options, printing, adding hyperlinks to worksheets, saving worksheets as web pages, adding existing worksheet data to an existing webpage, pivot tables, pivot charts, formulas and functions, Excel data analysis, sending worksheets via e-mail, and so much more!
- Get to know the new Excel interface
- Become a pro at the spreadsheet and data analysis tool that’s available as part of the Microsoft Office suite
- Find time-tested and trusted advice from bestselling author and expert Greg Harvey
- Use Excel to streamline your processes and make your work life easier than ever before
Written by a bestselling author and seasoned educator, Excel 2019 For Dummies makes it easier than ever to get everything out of this powerful data tool.
Secure, Catalog and Distribute Your PDF Files with Acrobat
Learn Skills in Acrobat, the Document Workflow Standard!
Covers accessing and distilling PDF files; converting Microsoft Office documents; capturing paper documents and Web pages; printing, annotating, editing and securing PDF files; extracting text and graphics; cataloging and distributing PDF files; creating interactive forms; and building multimedia presentations.
•Readers can convert any document to this universal file format, preserving all the fonts, formatting, graphics and color of the source document regardless of the application and platform used to create it.
•PDF files can be published and distributed anywhere: in print, attached to e-mail, on corporate servers, posted on Web sites, or on CD-ROM
•Adobe PDF is the emerging workflow standard in the $400 billion publishing industry and plays a key role in financial services, regulated industries and government, with more than 155 agencies worldwide sharing Adobe PDF files.
When you get right down to it, PDF files are about bringing us all together. And this friendly book is about how to convert documents, distill files, make edits, extract elements, archive and share your creations with others, even those whose systems are different from yours. You’ll feel better and much more productive.
Excel Workbook For Dummies is specially designed to give you the hands-on experience you need to start using this great program with confidence and efficiency. This guide is packed with hundreds of exercises that walk you through the ins and outs of Excel at your own pace. You’ll have all the tools you need to:
- Enter spreadsheet data
- Format, modify, and print your spreadsheet
- Copy and correct formulas
- Create date and time formulas
- Use math, statistical, lookup, and logical functions
- Chart spreadsheet data
- Add graphics to the spreadsheet
- Manage and secure your data
- Perform what-if analyses
- Generate pivot tables
- Publish spreadsheets as Web pages
- Add hyperlinks to spreadsheets
- Take advantage of Macros and Visual Basic Editor
Included is a bonus CD-ROM full of useful features, including sample files for all exercises in the book, a variety of important Excel tools, worksheets, and templates for financial planning, and a trial version of Crystal Xcelsius to get you started making progress and becoming an Excel expert!
Note: The Kindle edition of this book does not include any CDs or DVDs.
Even if you've never read the novels and have only seen the films, you know that the world of Middle-earth is a complicated one. Tolkien took great care in representing this world, from creating new languages to including very particular cultural details that add to the richness of the world's fabric. Many other books have been written about Tolkien and his works, but none have come close to providing the kind of reference needed to comprehend the world of Middle-earth. That's what veteran Dummies author and unabashed Tolkien fan Greg Harvey attempts to do in The Origins of Tolkien's Middle-earth For Dummies.
As the author says in his introduction to the book, this is not an encyclopedia or quick guide to all the diverse beings, languages, and history that make up Tolkien's Middle-earth. Nor is it a set of plot outlines for the novels. Rather, what you'll find in The Origins of Tolkien's Middle-earth For Dummies is a basic guide to some of the possible linguistic and mythological origins of Middle-earth, plus a rudimentary analysis of its many themes and lessons for our world. This book can help enrich your reading (or re-reading) of Tolkien's novels, and it will challenge you to think about the themes inherent in Tolkien's Middle-earth and their implications in your own life.
Here's just a sampling of the topics you'll find covered in The Origins of Tolkien's Middle-earth For Dummies:
- Exploring the main themes in Tolkien's works, including immortality and death; the heroic quest; love; fate and free will; and faith and redemption
- Investigating the diverse lands of Middle-earth – including the Shire, Gondor, and Mordor – and their significance
- Examining the different cultures of Middle-earth, such as Hobbits, Elves, Men, and those wily Wizards
- Touring the history of Middle-earth
- Understanding Tolkien's creation of new languages to enrich the story of Middle-earth
- Top Ten lists on the battles in the War of the Ring, online resources, and the ways the films differ from the novels
So, whether you're reading Tolkien's novels or watching the films for the first time, or you've been a fan for many years and are looking for a new take on Tolkien's works, The Origins of Tolkien's Middle-earth For Dummies can help you enhance your reading or viewing experience for years to come.
If you’ve never worked with a computer spreadsheet, or if you’ve had some experience with earlier versions of Excel but need help transitioning, here you’ll find everything you need to create, edit, format, and print your own worksheets (without sacrificing your sanity!). Excel 2007 for Dummies covers all the fundamental techniques, concentrating on only the easiest, most user-friendly ways to get things done.
You’ll discover how to:
- Rearrange, delete and insert new information
- Keep track of and organize data in a single worksheet
- Transfer data between the sheets of different workbooks
- Create a chart using the data in a worksheet
- Add hyperlinks and graphics to worksheets
- And more!
Plus, in keeping with Excel 2007’s more graphical and colorful look, Excel 2007 for Dummies has taken on some color of its own, with full-color plates in the mid-section of the book illustrating exactly what you’ll see on your screen. Whether you read it from cover to cover or skip to the sections that answer your specific questions, the simple guidance in this book will have you excelling at home or in the office no time.
Excel is the standard for spreadsheet applications and is used worldwide, but it's not always user-friendly. That makes it a perfect For Dummies topic, and this handy all-in-one guide covers all the essentials, the new features, how to analyze data with Excel, and much more.
Eight minibooks address Excel basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration and review, charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and Excel and VBA.
- Excel is the leading spreadsheet/data analysis software and is used throughout the world; the newest revision includes upgraded tools and a redesigned interface
- For Dummies books are the bestselling guides to Excel, with more than three million copies sold
- Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies covers the changes in the newest version as well as familiar tasks, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, and performing statistical functions
- Eight self-contained minibooks cover the basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration, presenting data in charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and creating macros with VBA.
Newcomers to Excel as well as veterans who just want to learn the latest version will find Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies has everything they need to know.
Esta obra contiene información actualizada sobre Excel 2016, la última versión de la popular hoja electrónica de Microsoft. Con esta guía aprenderás y mejorarás en el manejo de hojas de cálculo, fórmulas, opciones de seguridad y mucho más. ¡Muestre sus datos y maximice su potencial!
La sortie logicielle la plus attendue cette année, Office 2019, avec ici le deuxième opus Excel 2019
Totalement relookées, les nouvelles composantes de cette nouvelle suite Office 2019 risquent bien de déstabiliser plus d'un utilisateur des précédentes versions. Ce livre va vous aider à retrouver où se cachent toutes les fonctionnalités que vous utilisiez déjà et vous faire découvrir toutes les nouveautés importantes.
Si vous n'avez jamais entendu parler de feuille de calcul, si enentendant 'Cellule E14', vous répondez 'coulé !', plongez-vous vite dans ce livre ! Vous apprendrez à créer des graphiques spectaculaires qui impressionneront vos supérieurs, à publier vos documents sur Internet, à améliorer la présentation en quelques clics et à partager vos documents en les exportant au format XML.
The comprehensive reference, now completely up-to-date for Excel 2013!
As the standard for spreadsheet applications, Excel is used worldwide - but it's not always user-friendly. However, in the hands of veteran bestselling author Greg Harvey, Excel gets a whole lot easier to understand! This handy all-in-one guide covers all the essentials, the new features, how to analyze data with Excel, and much more. The featured minibooks address Excel basics, worksheet design, formulas and functions, worksheet collaboration and review, charts and graphics, data management, data analysis, and Excel and VBA.
- Covers the changes in the newest version as well as familiar tasks, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, and performing statistical functions
- Walks you through the new analysis tools that help make it easier to visualize data with the click of a mouse
- Details new ways to explore your data more intuitively and then analyze and display your results with a single click
Whether you're an Excel newbie or a veteran user to wants to get familiar with the latest version, Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies has everything you need to know.
The bestselling Excel book - completely updated for Excel 2013!
As the world's leading spreadsheet application, Excel has an enormous user base. The release of Office 2013 brings major changes to Excel, so Excel For Dummies comes to the rescue once more! Featuring the friendly For Dummies style, this popular guide shows beginners how to get up and running with Excel while also helping more experienced users get comfortable with the newest features.
- Walks you through the exciting new features of Excel 2013
- Presents everything you need to know to perform basic Excel 2013 tasks
- Covers creating and editing worksheets and charts, formatting cells, entering formulas, inserting graphs, designing database forms, and adding database records
- Discusses printing, adding hyperlinks to worksheets, saving worksheets as web pages, adding existing worksheet data to an existing web page, and much more
Whether you're new to Excel or are looking to get up and running with the 2013 version, Excel 2013 For Dummies has everything you need to know!