Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Greta Eskridge
Greta Eskridge is a home schooling mom of 4. She loves to fill her family’s days with reading, making art, and being outside as much as possible. Her favorite places to be are on a hiking trail or at the tide pools--preferably with an iced coffee in hand. Greta loves laughing, having adventures and taking cat naps in the afternoon. She and her artist husband, Aaron, make their home in sunny southern California.
Greta is also an author and speaker. Her first book, "Adventuring Together", releases July of 2020 with Thomas Nelson. Greta travels the country speaking and sharing her message of joyful, connected parenting.
Greta would love to connect with you!
You can hang out with her on her Instagram feed. You'll find her @maandpamodern.
You can also find her on her blog at www.gretaeskridge.com.
Customers Also Bought Items By
A modern, practical, and inspiring guide to creating deep heart connections with kids by regularly creating new experiences and intentional adventures together.
Parents today complain of fragmented relationships with their kids. What parents yearn for--and their kids too--is deep, heart-to-heart connections. But how can parents compete with all the other noise fighting for their kids' attention?
The answer, says Greta Eskridge, is to break free from regular routines and familiar comforts of home to experience new places and adventures--even if those adventures go awry. From simply reading a book together to going on an overnight backpacking trip, activities together provide unique and crucial bonding opportunities. Adventuring Together highlights Greta's stories of doing just that, including
- an array of ideas for outdoor and indoor ventures,
- what to do when your finances are limited,
- and how to adventure if your family can't hit the hiking trail or spend the night at a campground.
Giving readers the tools to make adventures happen, Adventuring Together is a step-by-step guide for parents--whether in the city or the country--to start building connections today that will last a lifetime.
Second-generation homeschooling mom Greta Eskridge shares 100 hands-on, learning activities for kids that will connect and enrich your family through adventures, small and big. Turn off the screen and turn on the creativity, curiosity, and love of nature as you have a meteor slumber party, attend a symphony concert, take a hike in the rain, preserve colorful fall leaves, make nettle pesto, and venture into the great, wide, real world.
In 100 Days of Adventure, children ages 6 to 10 will
- unplug from electronics and explore the world, from backyard bugs to farmer's market veggies and plants along the trail
- learn about nature, art, music, and themselves through STEAM projects and new experiences
- bond with parents and siblings, learn new skills with individual investigations, or explore with friends in an educational or homeschool group
This full-color activity book for kids includes
- 100 indoor and outdoor activities, projects, experiments, crafts, recipes, and field trips, divided by season
- many activities that are free or low cost, with options for different kinds of families and locations
- step-by-step directions, nature journal prompts, tips, and checklists
- beautiful photos and helpful illustrations
- a note to parents with encouraging start-here guidance on growing a family culture of curiosity and adventure
Whether your family is looking for fun activities for school breaks at home, road trip vacations, or everyday ways to learn together, this collection of interactive educational activities will help your kids get creative, get into nature, and get closer to each other.
Don't miss Greta's essential guide for parents on building a connected and loving family through exploration, Adventuring Together: How to Create Connections and Make Lasting Memories with Your Kids.