Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About H. Wallace Goddard
Dr. H. Wallace (Wally) Goddard has served as a Professor of Family Life in both Arkansas and Alabama. He develops programs on parenting, marriage, youth development, and family relations. He is well known for his many creative and effective books and programs.
Wally has authored or co-authored several books including Drawing Heaven into Your Marriage, Soft-Spoken Parenting, Between Parent and Child, and a text on family life education.
Wally helped Stephen Covey write The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families.
He is well-known across Arkansas and the U.S. for his public television series entitled Guiding Children Successfully.
He worked with Extension colleagues to create the award-winning Parenting Journey, See the World through My Eyes, The Personal Journey, and The Marriage Garden.
Wally has been recognized by his colleagues as well. He was granted fellow status by the National Council on Family Relations and given the Career Achievement Award by the national association of family life specialists. He was also awarded the prestigious Margaret E. Arcus Outstanding Family Life Educator Award.
Wally and his wife, Nancy, have three adult children, 14 grandchildren, and have cared for twenty foster children over their 40-plus years of marriage.
Customers Also Bought Items By
In this revised edition, Dr. Alice Ginott, clinical psychologist and wife of the late Haim Ginott, and family relationship specialist Dr. H. Wallace Goddard usher this bestselling classic into the new century while retaining the book’s positive message and Haim Ginott’s warm, accessible voice. Based on the theory that parenting is a skill that can be learned, this indispensable handbook will show you how to:
• Discipline without threats, bribes, sarcasm, and punishment
• Criticize without demeaning, praise without judging, and express anger without hurting
• Acknowledge rather than argue with children’s feelings, perceptions, and opinions
• Respond so that children will learn to trust and develop self-confidence
This revolutionary book offered a straightforward prescription for empathetic yet disciplined child rearing and introduced new communication techniques that would change the way parents spoke with, and listened to, their children. Dr. Ginott’s innovative approach to parenting has influenced an entire generation of experts in the field, and now his methods can work for you, too.
Dr. Goddard writes: 'In striking the marriage bargain, we are unknowingly giving up the egocentrisms of childhood in favor of the charity of Godhood. We make a covenantal step toward unselfishness. As we progress in marriage we gain ennobles character as well as eternal companionship.'
Scot and Maurine Proctor write: 'Being around Wally Goddard makes us want to be better people--better spouses to each other--a better son and a better daughter of God. Wally simply knows how to put eternal principles in a layman's, working language--translating them into daily living. Our lives have truly been effected for good reading this amazing and powerful book. Every marriage, new or old, needs to have this book. Really.'
- Two noted relationship experts Wally Goddard and James Marshall offer down-to-earth advice for any couple who wants to strengthen their marriage and make it last a lifetime. In this important book the authors outline their six-step program-commit, grow, nurture, understand, solve, and serve-that has proven to be effective. Using a bountiful garden as a metaphor for a healthy marriage, the book encourages couples to invest time in growing their relationship, shine the light of encouragement on each other, deal with "bugs" and "thorns," and share time and resources to make the whole world blossom.
- Shows how to turn differences into blessings and transform difficult times into rewarding experiences
- Authors are part of the National Extension Marriage and Education Network
An honest and accurate look at relationships that offers couples a solid foundation for nurturing and growing their love.
Durante los últimos treinta y cinco años, Entre padres e hijos ha permitido que millones de padres alrededor del mundo fortalezcan las relaciones con sus hijos. Escrito por el célebre psicólogo Dr. Haim Ginott, este libro revolucionario brinda consejos y enseñanzas para educar a los hijos de forma cariñosa y disciplinada a la vez.
Con más de 5 millones de ejemplares vendidos mundialmente, esta guía clásica e indispensable —ahora en una edición actualizada —está repleta de lecciones que le enseñarán cómo:
• Disciplinar sin amenazas, sarcasmo, ni castigos
• Criticar sin degradar y elogiar sin juzgar
• Reconocer las emociones, opiniones e ideas de su hijo en vez de argumentar contra ellas
• Inculcar un sentido de responsabilidad en cada faceta de la vida de su hijo: desde las tareas del hogar y de la escuela hasta el cuidado de las mascotas y de hermanos menores