|Print List Price:||$16.00|
Save $4.01 (25%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
Halo: Fractures: Extraordinary Tales from the Halo Canon Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
From the Author
- ASIN : B01CO3463M
- Publisher : Gallery Books (September 20, 2016)
- Publication date : September 20, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 6534 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 355 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #268,747 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Each story takes place at a different time of the Halo universe, ranging from the end of recorded Forerunner history up to the events of "Halo 5: Guardians". A lot of the stories are continuations or act as sequels to past Halo stories.
1. We get to see what Spartan-III survivors Tom and Lucy are up to after their rescue from Onyx after the events of "Halo: Glasslands".
2. There's a story that takes place on Meridian following the Guardian awakening and escaping after the events in Halo 5.
3. There's a story about Bornstellar after the firing of the Halo array.
4. There's a story about Veta Lopis and the Spartan-III's Mark, Ash, and Olivia after the events of "Halo: Last Light".
5. There's a story taking place on Venezia following the events of the Kilo-Five trilogy.
6. One of the more surprising stories included is "Shadow of Intent", which is the entire short-story starring Rtas 'Vadum, the Half-Jaw Elite, who fought alongside the Master Chief and Arbiter during the final days of the Covenant War (Halo 3). This story was only ever released digitally up until now, and so is a very nice inclusion in this novel.
Among other great stories that span across the events of Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 5: Guardians.
Fans of Halo lore should give this book a try. Because it is all short-stories, it is very easy to pickup and read, and expands upon a lot of the things we have learned about from prior novels and Halo events.
I noticed that several are just chapters out of other Halo books that I already own. That means that they end abruptly with no real close because they are part of a larger book and you are just reading a short chapter of the original story. I found that disappointing as it made this book seem to be a promotion book trying to sell you other complete books. Had I known that I probably would not have spent as much money buying two versions of this book.
I have listed the stories below with my personal rating for each story. Many of the stories just ended poorly and they totally leave you hanging. Some of the stories are really well written and I wish they could have been longer.
Overall I like the book because I am a Halo fan and I have read almost all of the books that are available. I rate the overall book 4 stars and if you are a Halo fan you should get it for your collection. Just be aware that you are getting some good items and some that are not so good.
Lessons Learned 3 stars
What Remains 2 stars
Breaking Strain 5 stars
Promises to Keep 2 stars
Shadow of Intent 5 stars
The Ballad of Hamish Beamish 1 star
Defender of the Storm 4 stars
A Necessary Truth 5 stars
Into the Fire 5 stars
Saint’s Testimony 3 stars
Rossbach’s World 4 stars
Oasis 5 stars
Anarosa 4 stars
Untitled short story 4 stars
If you are a Halo fan then this is worth getting just to read the stories that are good in the book.