The Hands-Off Investor: An Insider's Guide to Investing in Passive Real Estate Syndications Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Finding an experienced syndication sponsor matters now more than ever. By learning to select the right sponsors and properties, you'll find the best deals and mitigate risk during times of economic instability!
Want to invest in real estate but don't have the time? No matter your level of experience, real estate syndications provide an avenue to invest in real estate without tenants, toilets, or trash - and this comprehensive guide will teach you how to invest in these opportunities the right way.
Syndications are like the stock mutual funds of the real estate world - multiple investors passively invest into a fund, while a manager is responsible for picking the real estate and managing the portfolio. Author Brian Burke, a syndications insider with decades of experience in forming and managing syndication funds, will show you how to evaluate sponsors, opportunities, and offerings so you can pick the right sponsors and achieve the highest odds of a favorable outcome.
Inside, you'll learn:
- The practical skills you need to understand income, cash flow projections, and investor waterfalls
- How to find syndication investment sponsors and how to evaluate them for the best possible opportunities
- Red flags to avoid and tricks that syndication sponsors don't want you to know
- The biggest and most common underwriting mistakes that sponsors make
- How various debt options affect risk and return
- Typical sponsor fees and profit splits
- The tax implications of syndication investments
- How to measure alignment of interest, judge performance projections, and more!
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection to keep (you’ll use your first credit now).
- Unlimited listening on select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $14.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
Related to this topic
Only from Audible
|Listening Length||12 hours and 23 minutes|
|Audible.com Release Date||May 05, 2020|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #6,714 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#5 in Crowdfunding (Books)
#29 in Real Estate Investing & Finance
#55 in Real Estate Investments (Books)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Hands-Off Investor by Brian Burke is a great resource for walking you through how to analyze and evaluate every aspect of a syndication deal. While not an "easy read" the book provides definitions, examples, and literally walks you through how to compare & understand passive investing. The Hands-Off Investor definitely made the top 3 in my favorite real estate books. Hope you find it as helpful as I did!
The only thing to be aware of as a reader is the book tilts heavily towards multifamily properties on its content. Many of the same principles apply to other commercial property types, but the in depth property analysis and discussion behind income, expenses, and cash flow are based on multifamily.