- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
The Hike: (Nature Book for Kids, Outdoors-Themed Picture Book for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners) Hardcover – Picture Book, October 8, 2019
Enhance your purchase
This spirited picture book is filled with lyrical language that captures the majesty of the natural world, coupled with a fun narrative.
• Features a glossary and scientific backmatter
• Includes a sketchbook by one of the characters that highlights discoveries the girls make along the trail
• Abundant labels throughout for learning about various plants and animals
The Hike celebrates how fun and rewarding it is to explore nature in your own backyard!
This book is a must-have for budding scientists, best friends, and all adventurers in preschool and kindergarten.
• A wonderful gift for parents and grandparents of kids who like to explore outside
• Perfect for teachers and librarians looking for an outdoors-themed book
• Great for fans of We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Helen Oxenbury, The Bad Seed by Jory John, and We Are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Special offers and product promotions
"Well-designed pictures create a depth and fullness that immerse readers in the forest. Endmatter makes clever use of Wren's sketch pad to offer additional information about things seen in the woods. Utterly satisfying."—Kirkus Review, Starred
"Beautifully illustrated . . . This is a perfect addition to elementary school libraries to support readers who love the great outdoors."—School Library Journal
"These young explorers demonstrate the best principles of time spent in the woods: observing, admiring and learning. And, through their delightfully illustrated adventure, so do we."—The New York Times
"[The Hike] is a delightful field guide for young outdoor enthusiasts, rich with everything from instructions on how to make a leaf basket for foraged berries to scientific labels and tips for identifying animal tracks, constellations, and moon phases. The illustrations represent a multiracial female cast of burgeoning botanists and naturalists enjoying the outdoors, including one particularly beautiful spread where the girls release collected bird feathers into the wind." -Booklist
About the Author
- Publisher : Chronicle Books; Illustrated edition (October 8, 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 56 pages
- ISBN-10 : 145217461X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1452174617
- Reading age : 3 - 5 years
- Lexile measure : AD500L
- Grade level : Preschool - Kindergarten
- Item Weight : 15.2 ounces
- Dimensions : 9.1 x 0.5 x 10.55 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,643 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros: Beautiful illustrations with diverse characters!
Cons: The "story" was difficult to read and did not engage my 4-year-old. It was not good for a bedtime story.
If you're looking for a book about hiking with great illustrations for kids, I highly recommend "Let's go on a hike!" instead. We love it for bedtime.