Hunting Season: Werewolf Bodyguard Romance (Guarded by the Shifter, Book 1) Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Werewolf. Bodyguard. Mate.
Owen has one job: keep Stasia from being abducted. Easier said than done when his fiercly independent client tries to fire him the moment they meet. His werewolf senses howl to life, and he's certain of one thing: Stasia is his.
She's sick of overbearing men.
When her wealthy father hires a bodyguard, Stasia says no. Not exactly a smart move after someone tried to nab her off the street. But she doesn't need a babysitter. Especially not someone who makes her heart pound and her fantasies run wild.
When Stasia is yanked out of her glittering world and into Owen's, she'll need to grapple with an impossible new reality: Werewolves exist. And her bodyguard says he's her mate.
- One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection to keep (you’ll use your first credit now).
- Unlimited listening on select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $14.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
People who viewed this also viewed
People who bought this also bought
Related to this topic
|Listening Length||5 hours and 7 minutes|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com Release Date||April 28, 2021|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #179,320 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#5,377 in Paranormal Romance (Audible Books & Originals)
#6,246 in Romantic Suspense (Audible Books & Originals)
#37,653 in Romantic Suspense (Books)
Reviewed in the United States on April 8, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book is written in third person omniscient perspective from the lead characters' perspectives. Owen is a 'retired' military man turned werewolf and bodyguard still learning what it means to be a werewolf with no one to guide him but his team of also newly turned werewolves. The group takes on bodyguard jobs for a living while hiding their nature from the world. His newest assignment is Stasia, the daughter of a VERY wealthy business magnate and an ER doctor who recently stumbled through a botched kidnapping. He gets to learn a new facet of his existence when his wolf summarily informs him that she's their mate.
Owen for his part is very positive and upbeat, taking everything in stride, including this new information. He dedicates himself and makes it his goal to make the good doctor his. Stasia is not your typical spoiled little rich girl-she fights for independence from her father with everything she has and spends most of her life in emergency rooms and good will missions. She is understandably jaded, distrusting of most people, and especially unhappy to be saddled with a bodyguard. They have some adventures, a few mishaps, some fun times, and eventually find their way to each other. The group gets to learn more about their 'condition' as we go. I look forward to them discovering new aspects of themselves as the series continues.
If you like your paranormal romance full of shifters, intrigue, steamy scenes, interesting family dynamics, and a bit of action, this is a great one to try out!
* Liked the h, Stasia, and her sister, Em, and would like to know more about the other team members, especially their major Gibson.
* The suspense kept me engaged until I finished.
* It ended in a good, but too accepting HFN.
* The H, Owen, was kind of unserious (unprofessional) and carefree with the whole bodyguard and wolf thing.
* The explanation of how they all came to be was too unbelievable, and our supposed military's response was just plain weird.
* The plot was tied up too neatly and we're left with way too many questions.
* And in response to another reviewer- yes, there were more than a few typos and wrong words, and since I'm an ARC reader for another author, I was tempted to make a list to send to this author.
Since I already have the next book, I'm going to give it a shot and see if I like the series better afterward.
Top reviews from other countries
I loved Stasia and Owen's characters and how they fell for each other. I also loved the werewolf "family" although I would have liked a bit more camaraderie between them. The story was very interesting as the danger did not come from the usual vampires or witches but from other humans.
This story was full of action, danger, tension and steam. It captivated me from the start and I read it in one session (till 4:30am).
I deducted one star for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I felt that Stasia and her sister accepted the werewolf aspect too easily and quickly. Secondly, I felt that there wasn't enough explanation regarding how the group became Werewolves.
Despite this I really enjoyed the story and will be reading more in this series so I highly recommend it.