Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Iboga The Root Of All Healing Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Paperback, Large Print
Iboga is an ultra-powerful psychoactive root native to western Equatorial Africa. To African Bwitists and shamans, iboga is a divine sacrament and the cornerstone of their spiritual path. To growing numbers of westerners discovering meaning and healing through psychedelic exploration, iboga is a profoundly competent psychotherapist. For those addicted to harmful substances, iboga, and it's alkaloid – ibogaine, represents a potent means of interrupting addictions, particularly to opioid based compounds. However, like iboga itself, this book is not solely for the benefit of addicts.
Iboga occupies a unique and traditionally mutually exclusive intersection point where the world of hard drug users meets that of spiritual seekers. Iboga, The Root of All Healing was written to address this intersection point. It shines a long-overdue light upon iboga’s true power, and ultimately, argues that responsible use of iboga could play a key role in assisting our species to navigate the socio-cultural minefield in which we have become trapped.
- "Quoting from many psychedelic drug experts, researchers and luminaries, and shining light from his profound personal knowledge and own hard-earned experience, Brett weaves together a radical and masterful adventure guide that seems on the verge of revealing the hidden secrets of the universe.: - David Jay Brown. Writer, researcher, and author of Dreaming Wide Awake: Lucid Dreaming, Shamanic Healing, and Psychedelics.
- "Iboga - The Root of all Healing is to my mind the only book in the world that even gets close to encompassing the magic, mystery and power of this great visionary plant medicine. The wealth of knowledge and research that has gone into this book is clear from the outset. I am a wiser person for having read it, and have no doubt this work will become a standout of psychedelic literature and a standard bearer on the topic of Iboga." - Kash Khan - Creator of Educate Inspire Change, and raisedvibrations.org
- "I wish I had this book when I journeyed with iboga; it would've made my experience that much richer!" - Zappy Zapolin, Psychedelic Concierge and Award-Winning Director, The Reality Of Truth.
- "A spirited love letter to the psychedelic West African iboga root. Brett lays out a case for using iboga to treat opioid addiction, and perhaps also to treat the world's deeper spiritual malaise." - Jeff Warren, author of The Head Trip.
- ASIN : B093HKPDD5
- Publication date : April 25, 2021
- Language : English
- File size : 1278 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Sticky notes : On Kindle Scribe
- Print length : 280 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #655,941 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #192 in Shamanism (Kindle Store)
- #198 in Drug Dependency & Recovery (Kindle Store)
- #739 in Shamanism (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United States on May 14, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Daniel Brett has a beautifully engaging writing style and this book is a pleasure to read. His research covers a vast array of facts, as well as doing a suitably poetic job of discribing the indescribable experience of what it's like to take Iboga.
There was a heavy focus on its' application for healing addiction, which wasn't my need, but still it's interesting to understand the full scope of this wonderful plant. It also highlights the social, cultural and environmental impacts of popularization of Iboga use.
After experiencing Iboga myself, I feel a strong desire to support the sustainability of the plant's wider use, I'm humbled by its power and so very grateful that it is bringing the healing of Mother Africa to the western world that has so clearly lost its way. Now, more than ever, there is such a profound need to witness and heal the trauma of living in modern society. I'm so grateful that I read this book and that iboga will be a part of my healing and the healing of the world into the future.
This brilliant book outlines all the background anyone would need to consider this treatment for themselves or someone they know. Most importantly it finally elucidates the difference between its more well known chemical derivative Ibogaine from the actual Iboga plant itself. There is not only the strong potential to heal addiction and depression but to open a person to a fuller appreciation of what it means to be a healthy human being.
A must read for those on a path to healing, happiness and betterment.
Top reviews from other countries
In my opinion, this is the first and only book on the literary market to cover a topic too long ignored or overlooked by the psychedelic literati. This book is for everyone. Even if you are not planning to explore iboga, it remains essential reading for anyone interested in psychedelics, healing, self-actualization, alternative medicine, and more. Despite the fact that the book covers seriously mind boggling topics, Brett’s fluent, witty, smooth writing style makes is easy to understand the advanced concepts discussed therein. As well as finding it to be an amazing read, I actually came away feeling smarter, and with a grasp of certain topics that I previously found baffling. Highly, highly, highly recommended.
Brett writes with thoughtfulness and respect. As awareness around the curative qualities of plant medicine increases-this book plays an important role in contributing to a deep understanding of the mental and emotional journey Iboga takes you on to access the self-benefitting from this knowledge will help anyone considering embarking on a journey of self-discovery via this ancient ritual.