- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Special offers and product promotions
What if your daughter's imagination was the secret to your success? When a highly competitive money mogul (Eddie Murphy) finds his financial kingdom slipping, he turns to his 7-year-old daughter (Yara Shahidi) and her fantasy world of imaginary princesses for help. Embarking on a whirlwind journey of comic proportions, father and daughter are about to discover that sometimes all you need is a little imagination and a lot of love in this feel-good winner with something for everyone
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : G (General Audience)
- Package Dimensions : 6.69 x 5.35 x 0.55 inches; 2.4 Ounces
- Director : Karey Kirkpatrick
- Media Format : Widescreen
- Run time : 1 hour and 47 minutes
- Release date : October 6, 2009
- Actors : Eddie Murphy, Thomas Haden Church, Vanessa Williams
- Subtitles: : English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Studio : PARAMOUNT
- ASIN : B0034HAQEQ
- Number of discs : 1
Best Sellers Rank:
#195,569 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #6,390 in Comedy (Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a great family film but the antics of Eddie Murphy will appeal especially to the adults watching it. The kids will just think he is a funny man.
All of the actors are good in this movie. The little girl who plays Murphy's daughter is flat-out perfectly adorable but not cloyingly sweet. She is going place, that one!
After you have seen 'Trading Places,' you want every Eddy Murphy movie to be as funny as that. This doesn't come close to that. But it's excellent nonetheless. In a way, this is almost too good to be just a family movie and not good enough to hold its own for just adults.
It's nice to see a movie that has no swear words, no gratuitous sex and nudity and is wholesome.
Top reviews from other countries
After watching it, I felt overall I had enjoyed it but it's definitely one of my least favourite films of his, it was a bit hit and miss, with some parts being great and others leaving me wanting to switch it off. All that said, Eddie was still funny to watch and my kids liked it, won't be watching it again though.