Top positive review
Better design, lower grade materials
Reviewed in the United States on January 26, 2017
The Vita is possibly my most used console. A while back I began looking into 3rd party grips to make extended plays much easier on my hands. I've gone through a couple of the major designs out there for the original Vita 1000 and I have to say, this grip is probably the best all around.
- Best design for ease of use by far. This design actually allows you to properly access all the face and shoulder buttons without causing discomfort. This combined with joystick extenders makes for a surprisingly pleasant gaming experience.
- Best value for the price. You really can't go wrong with such a low price, especially for the amount of comfort you get.
- Access to all ports and buttons. I had an issue with some of the other grips I tried due to some of the ports being completely covered while in use. I would have to remove the grip to do things like charge the device or switch out games. Not so with this item. There is full easy access to every port and button on the vita.
- Easy to install. All you have to do is put your Vita in shoulder buttons first and then snap it into place. The grip feels secure when in place, with no rattling or loose areas.
- Easy to transport. The smaller general size of this grip allows me to transport it in my Vita carrier which is something I could not do with the other ones I have tried.
- Build quality is cheap. This is to be expected for the price but this item does feel quite a bit cheaper than the competition. The plastic feels somewhat brittle and slick and it can become less comfortable to hold if your hands begin to sweat.
- Plastic seams feel somewhat sharp. This is the part along the edge where the front and back pieces meet and it is mildly uncomfortable when pressed against your bare skin.
- Design is not perfect. There will still be a slight adjustment period for this item. You may even experience some slight cramping as you figure out the best way to hold it. Once you have it down, though, it should be fine.
Overall this is a great item that is absolutely worth buying if you have a Vita 1000. It definitely enhances the experience quite a bit and it will not set you back very much in terms of price. With better materials and some slight tweaks here and there this could have been perfect.