Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Jack D. Schwager
Mr. Schwager is a Co-founder and Chief Research Officer of FundSeeder, a firm that seeks to find undiscovered trading talent worldwide via its trader platform (FundSeeder.com), and a Co-founder of FundSeeder Investments (FundSeederinvest.com), which seeks to connect properly regulated traders with sources of investment capital. Previously, Mr. Schwager was a partner in the Fortune Group (2001-2010), a London-based hedge fund advisory firm. His prior experience also includes 22 years as Director of Futures research for some of Wall Street's leading firms, most recently Prudential Securities.
Mr. Schwager is a frequent seminar speaker and has lectured on a range of analytical topics including the characteristics of great traders, investment fallacies, hedge fund portfolios, managed accounts, technical analysis, and trading system evaluation. He holds a BA in Economics from Brooklyn College (1970) and an MA in Economics from Brown University (1971).
Customers Also Bought Items By
Unknown Market Wizards continues in the three-decade tradition of the hugely popular Market Wizards series, interviewing exceptionally successful traders to learn how they achieved their extraordinary performance results.
The twist in Unknown Market Wizards is that the featured traders are individuals trading their own accounts. They are unknown to the investment world. Despite their anonymity, these traders have achieved performance records that rival, if not surpass, the best professional managers.
Some of the stories include:
- A trader who turned an initial account of $2,500 into $50 million.
- A trader who achieved an average annual return of 337% over a 13-year period.
- A trader who made tens of millions using a unique approach that employed neither fundamental nor technical analysis.
- A former advertising executive who used classical chart analysis to achieve a 58% average annual return over a 27-year trading span.
- A promising junior tennis player in the UK who abandoned his quest for a professional sporting career for trading and generated a nine-year track record with an average annual return just under 300%.
World-renowned author and trading expert Jack D. Schwager is our guide. His trademark knowledgeable and sensitive interview style encourages the Wizards to reveal the fascinating details of their training, experience, tactics, strategies, and their best and worst trades. There are dashes of humour and revelations about the human side of trading throughout.
The result is a engrossing new collection of trading wisdom, brimming with insights that can help all traders improve their outcomes.
The world's top trader's reveal the secrets of their phenomenal success!
How do the world's most successful traders amass tens, hundreds of millions of dollars a year? Are they masters of an occult knowledge, lucky winners in a random market lottery, natural-born virtuosi—Mozarts of the markets? In search of an answer, bestselling author Jack D. Schwager interviewed dozens of top traders across most financial markets. While their responses differed in the details, all of them could be boiled down to the same essential formula: solid methodology + proper mental attitude = trading success. In Market Wizards Schwager lets you hear, in their own words, what those super-traders had to say about their unprecedented successes, and he distils their responses down into a set of guiding principles you can use to become a trading star in your own right.
- Features interviews with superstar money-makers including Bruce Kovner, Richard Dennis, Paul Tudor Jones, Michel Steinhardt, Ed Seykota, Marty Schwartz, Tom Baldwin, and more
- Tells the true stories behind sensational trading coups, including the one about the trader who turned $30,000 into $80 million, the hedge fund manager who's averaged 30% returns every year for the past twenty-one years, and the T-bond futures trader who parlayed $25,000 into $2 billion in a single day!
"Market Wizards is one of the most fascinating books ever written about Wall Street. A few of the 'Wizards' are my friends—and Jack Schwager has nailed their modus operandi on the head."
--Martin W. Zweig, Ph.D., Editor, The Zweig Forecast
In The New Market Wizards, successful traders relate the financial strategies that have rocketed them to success. Asking questions that readers with an interest or involvement in the financial markets would love to pose to the financial superstars, Jack D. Schwager encourages these financial wizards to share their insights. Entertaining, informative, and invaluable, The New Market Wizards is destined to become another Schwager classic.
Fascinating insights into the hedge fund traders who consistently outperform the markets, in their own words
From bestselling author, investment expert, and Wall Street theoretician Jack Schwager comes a behind-the-scenes look at the world of hedge funds, from fifteen traders who've consistently beaten the markets. Exploring what makes a great trader a great trader, Hedge Fund Market Wizards breaks new ground, giving readers rare insight into the trading philosophy and successful methods employed by some of the most profitable individuals in the hedge fund business.
- Presents exclusive interviews with fifteen of the most successful hedge fund traders and what they've learned over the course of their careers
- Includes interviews with Jamie Mai, Joel Greenblatt, Michael Platt, Ray Dalio, Colm O’Shea, Ed Thorp, and many more
- Explains forty key lessons for traders
- Joins Stock Market Wizards, New Market Wizards, and Market Wizards as the fourth installment of investment guru Jack Schwager's acclaimed bestselling series of interviews with stock market experts
A candid assessment of each trader's successes and failures, in their own words, the book shows readers what they can learn from each, and also outlines forty essential lessons—from finding a trading method that fits an investor's personality to learning to appreciate the value of diversification—that investment professionals everywhere can apply in their own careers.
Bringing together the wisdom of the true masters of the markets, Hedge Fund Market Wizards is a collection of timeless insights into what it takes to trade in the hedge fund world.
The essential futures market reference guide
A Complete Guide to the Futures Market is the comprehensive resource for futures traders and analysts. Spanning everything from technical analysis, trading systems, and fundamental analysis to options, spreads, and practical trading principles, A Complete Guide is required reading for any trader or investor who wants to successfully navigate the futures market.
Clear, concise, and to the point, this fully revised and updated second edition provides a solid foundation in futures market basics, details key analysis and forecasting techniques, explores advanced trading concepts, and illustrates the practical application of these ideas with hundreds of market examples. A Complete Guide to the Futures Market:
- Details different trading and analytical approaches, including chart analysis, technical indicators and trading systems, regression analysis, and fundamental market models.
- Separates misleading market myths from reality.
- Gives step-by-step instruction for developing and testing original trading ideas and systems.
- Illustrates a wide range of option strategies, and explains the trading implications of each.
- Details a wealth of practical trading guidelines and market insights from a recognized trading authority.
Trading futures without a firm grasp of this market’s realities and nuances is a recipe for losing money. A Complete Guide to the Futures Market offers serious traders and investors the tools to keep themselves on the right side of the ledger.
The third in the bestselling Market Wizards series, this time focusing on the barometer of the economy—the stock market.
It has been nearly a decade since the publication of the highly successful The New Market Wizards. The interim has witnessed the most dynamic bull market in US stock history, a collapse in commodity prices, dramatic failures in some of the world's leading hedge funds, the burst of the Internet bubble, a fall into recession and subsequent rumblings of recovery. Who have been the 'market wizards' during this tumultuous financial period? How did some traders manage to significantly outperform a stockmarket that during its heyday moved virtually straight up?
This book will feature interviews with a variety of traders who achieved phenomenal financial success during the glory days of the Internet boom. In contrast with the first two Market Wizard books, which included traders from a broad financial spectrum—stocks, bonds, currencies and futures—this volume will focus on traders in the stockmarket.
What differentiates the highly successful market practitioners—the Market Wizards—from ordinary traders? What traits do they share? What lessons can the average trader learn from those who achieved superior returns for decades while still maintaining strict risk control? Jack Schwager has spent the past 25 years interviewing the market legends in search of the answers—a quest chronicled in four prior Market Wizards volumes totaling nearly 2,000 pages.
In The Little Book of Market Wizards, Jack Schwager seeks to distill what he considers the essential lessons he learned in conducting nearly four dozen interviews with some of the world's best traders. The book delves into the mindset and processes of highly successful traders, providing insights that all traders should find helpful in improving their trading skills and results.
- Each chapter focuses on a specific theme essential to market success
- Describes how all market participants can benefit by incorporating the related traits, behaviors, and philosophies of the Market Wizards in their own trading
- Filled with compelling anecdotes that bring the trading messages to life, and direct quotes from the market greats that resonate with the wisdom born of experience and skill
Stepping clearly outside the narrow confines of most investment books, The Little Book of Market Wizards focuses on the value of understanding one's self within the context of successful investing.
Bestselling author, Jack Schwager, challenges the assumptions at the core of investment theory and practice and exposes common investor mistakes, missteps, myths, and misreads
When it comes to investment models and theories of how markets work, convenience usually trumps reality. The simple fact is that many revered investment theories and market models are flatly wrong—that is, if we insist that they work in the real world. Unfounded assumptions, erroneous theories, unrealistic models, cognitive biases, emotional foibles, and unsubstantiated beliefs all combine to lead investors astray—professionals as well as novices. In this engaging new book, Jack Schwager, bestselling author of Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards, takes aim at the most perniciously pervasive academic precepts, money management canards, market myths and investor errors. Like so many ducks in a shooting gallery, Schwager picks them off, one at a time, revealing the truth about many of the fallacious assumptions, theories, and beliefs at the core of investment theory and practice.
- A compilation of the most insidious, fundamental investment errors the author has observed over his long and distinguished career in the markets
- Brings to light the fallacies underlying many widely held academic precepts, professional money management methodologies, and investment behaviors
- A sobering dose of real-world insight for investment professionals and a highly readable source of information and guidance for general readers interested in investment, trading, and finance
- Spans both traditional and alternative investment classes, covering both basic and advanced topics
- As in his best-selling Market Wizard series, Schwager manages the trick of covering material that is pertinent to professionals, yet writing in a style that is clear and accessible to the layman
With the keen insight and perspective that have made him a market legend, Jack D. Schwager explores, explains, and examines the application of technical analysis in futures trading. In the most in-depth, comprehensive book available, the bestselling investment writer demonstrates why he is one of today's foremost authorities. Here is the one volume no trader should be without.
"Jack Schwager has accomplished the rarest of feats in this book. He has presented material in a way that both the professional and layman can profit from. It is a must read for traders on all levels." - Stanley Druckenmillern Managing Director, Soros Fund Management
"Jack Schwager's Technical Analysis is exactly what one should expect from this expert on futures. The book is comprehensive, thoroughly insightful, and highly educational. I recommend it to the beginner as well as the expert." - Leo Melamed Chairman, Sakura Dellsher, Inc.
"Jack Schwager possesses a remarkable ability to extract the important elements of complex, market-timing approaches, and distill that into something intelligible and useful. Not only is he able to present these ideas cleverly in an easily understood format, but he also demonstrates their application to the markets with clarity and precision." - Thomas R. DeMark Author, The New Science of Technical Analysis
"Jack Schwager's book, A Complete Guide to the Futures Markets, was one of the best books I have read on futures trading. We give a copy of it to all our new analysts. Jack's latest work, Technical Analysis, looks like a gold mine of information, adding significantly to the existing investment literature." - Monroe Trout President, Trout Trading Management Co.
Jack Schwager is one of the most important and visible figures in the futures industry today. His Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards are two of the bestselling finance titles of all time. Now, in the latest volume in the Schwager on Futures series, Technical Analysis, Schwager has created the most comprehensive guide ever for using technical analysis for futures trading. What makes Technical Analysis unique, besides its in-depth coverage, is that it is written from a trader's perspective. Schwager doesn't merely cover the subject, he explores what works and doesn't work in the real world of trading.
Contains a comprehensive guide to chart analysis written with a particular focus on trading applications
* Includes a separate 200+ page section illustrating the use of chart analysis in the real world
* Details and illustrates several original trading systems
* Includes a self-contained primer on cyclical analysis
* Describes popular oscillators, the pitfalls in their common use, and guidelines to their successful application in trading
* Explains the concept and use of "continuous futures" and compares 10-year continuous futures charts with conventional nearest futures charts for all major U.S. futures markets
* Contains a section on trading strategy and philosophy, including over 100 trading tips
Hundreds of charts, tables, and examples illustrate key points throughout, while the text is written in the informative, insightful, and nontechnical style that has made Jack Schwager one of the most highly regarded and bestselling investment authors ever. This invaluable book by one of the world's foremost authorities is destined to become the premier industry guide on technical analysis for many years to come.
In Fundamental Analysis, the legendary Jack D. Schwager has produced the most comprehensive, in-depth book ever written on the use of fundamental analysis for futures trading. In what is destined to become the bible of the futures industry, Schwager has poured out insights gathered during his long career as a trader, researcher, bestselling writer, and highly regarded authority in the field.
This book is packed with invaluable information you'll use every trading day. "Futures guru Jack Schwager has created the definitive source on using fundamental analysis for price forecasting that no trader can afford to be without." -Tom Baldwin Chairman, Baldwin Group
"This book won't make you a great commodities trader instantly, but it will teach you what you must know to start." -Jim Rogers Author, Investment Biker
"Jack Schwager always provides clear and compelling material on the often opaque subject of futures trading." -Richard Dennis President, Dennis Trading Group
"Jack Schwager's deep knowledge of the markets and his extensive network of personal contacts throughout the industry have set him apart as the definitive market chronicler of our age." -Ed Seykota
Fundamental Analysis is the first book in the Schwager on Futures series-the definitive source on the futures market for the next century that no trader will want to be without.
Jack Schwager is one of the most important and visible figures in the futures industry today. His Market Wizards and New Market Wizards are two of the bestselling finance titles of all time. Now Schwager has created the most comprehensive guide ever for using fundamental analysis for futures trading. The much-awaited Schwager on Futures series greatly expands and updates material first contained in his A Complete Guide to the Futures Markets, which has been the bible of the industry for the past decade.
In this first volume of the series, Fundamental Analysis, Schwager shows traders how to apply analytical techniques to actual price forecasting and trading in virtually all futures contracts currently traded. In chapter after chapter, Schwager draws on what he has learned during his legendary career as a successful trader, researcher, and bestselling investment author to dispense priceless insights.
Explains how to apply the techniques of technical analysis to fundamental data-information not found elsewhere
* Shows how regression analysis works and tells how to use it as a tool for price forecasting
* Includes step-by-step instruction on how to build a forecast model
* Contains a 13-chapter section illustrating the applications of fundamental techniques to individual markets and market groups
* Outlines how to analyze seasonal fluctuations, including seasonal price charts of 27 active markets
Numerous charts, tables, and examples illustrate all key concepts, and the text itself is written in the clear, nontechnical style that has helped make Jack Schwager one of today's most widely read and highly regarded investment writers.