Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jason Corey
He has presented his research at conferences - primarily Audio Engineering Society (AES) conventions and conferences - in Europe, Canada, and the United States. He has served as a Governor of the AES from 2013 to 2015, AES Vice President for the Central Region (USA/Canada) from 2015 to 2017, as well as Chair of the AES Education Committee from 2004 to 2008. He is the founder of the University of Michigan AES Student Section, serving as its faculty advisor since 2003. He is also a voting member of the Recording Academy.
The software modules for his book Audio Production and Critical Listening: Technical Ear Training can be found at: http://webtet.net/ or can be downloaded at: https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/jason-corey/technical-ear-training
Customers Also Bought Items By
Audio Production and Critical Listening: Technical Ear Training, Second Edition develops your critical and expert listening skills, enabling you to listen to audio like an award-winning engineer. Featuring an accessible writing style, this new edition includes information on objective measurements of sound, technical descriptions of signal processing, and their relationships to subjective impressions of sound. It also includes information on hearing conservation, ear plugs, and listening levels, as well as bias in the listening process.
The interactive web browser-based "ear training" software practice modules provide experience identifying various types of signal processes and manipulations. Working alongside the clear and detailed explanations in the book, this software completes the learning package that will help you train you ears to listen and really "hear" your recordings.
This all-new edition has been updated to include:
- Audio and psychoacoustic theories to inform and expand your critical listening practice.
- Access to integrated software that promotes listening skills development through audio examples found in actual recording and production work, listening exercises, and tests.
- Cutting-edge interactive practice modules created to increase your experience.
- More examples of sound recordings analysis.
- New outline for progressing through the EQ ear training software module with listening exercises and tips.