Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Jay Asher
Jay is also an Apple Certified Logic Pro X trainer and a sought after private consultant for many well-known film/TV composers and recording artists and the author of four books/e-books on Logic Pro.
Customers Also Bought Items By
A practical guide that takes you from understanding the fundamentals of Logic Pro to discovering professional music creation techniques with an easy-to-follow approach
- Explore the world of music production by getting up to speed with Logic Pro
- Understand the fundamentals of music production such as recording, editing, and adding effects to music
- Learn to produce virtual sounds and music effects to enhance your music and create a final master from a raw music file
Logic Pro is Apple’s flagship application for music creation, found in many professional music studios across the globe. It is a powerful digital audio workstation that comes with all the software tools that you need to create music that sounds great. In the previous version, Logic Pro 10.5, Apple had added impressive features to what was already a full package of tools, loops, FX plug-ins, and software instruments.
Providing a comprehensive introduction if you’re new to Mac computer music creation, this practical guide will show you how to use Logic Pro and have you up to speed in no time.
You’ll not only understand what Apple’s Logic Pro software can do but also get hands-on with using it to accomplish various musical tasks. The book starts by getting you up and running with the basic terminologies. As you progress, you’ll explore how to create audio and MIDI musical parts. To build on your knowledge further, the book will guide you through developing an automated mix. In addition to this, you’ll learn how to bounce mixes and audio files for distribution.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well-versed with Logic Pro and have the skills you need to create professional-quality music.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with Audio and MIDI and how they are different, along with covering Apple Loops
- Record and edit audio, such as your voice or guitar
- Create and edit MIDI parts, using Logic Pro’s software instruments
- Develop realistic drums and electronic drums with Logic Pro 10.5’s amazing Drummer
- Explore the new Step Sequencer, Live Loops, and Quick Sampler that were included with version 10.5
- Edit your arrangement and prepare the parts for mixing
- Discover the principles of good mixing, including automation, pre-mastering, and final bouncing
Who this book is for
This book is for musicians, songwriters, and music producers who want to learn Logic Pro from scratch with the help of expert guidance. A basic understanding of music theories such as chords and notes is highly recommended before you get started. This Logic Pro book also assumes that you’ll be working on a Mac.
Table of Contents
- Beginning With Logic Pro X 10.5
- Getting To Know The Logic Pro X interface
- Recording Audio
- Editing Audio
- Recording MIDI
- Step Entering and Editing MIDI
- Logic Pro X’s Drummer
- Logic Pro X’s Step Sequencer
- Working With Sampler, Quick Sampler and Auto Sampler
- Working With Live Loops
- Working with Audio Files Tempo and Pitch
- Getting the Arrangement Right
- Organizing for the Mix
- Mixing Your Project In Logic Pro X
- Automating Your Mix
- Delivering Your Music for Distribution