Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jeffrey L. Condon
Jeffrey L. Condon is an attorney who has practiced in the field of trusts and estates since 1987. He received his Bachelor of Arts in English Literature at UCLA (Class of 83) and his law degree from Whittier of College School of Law in 1987. He presently practices at the Law Offices of Condon & Condon in Santa Monica, California.
With his late father, Gerald M. Condon, Jeffrey is the co-author of Beyond The Grave: The Right Way and Wrong Way of Leaving Money to Your Children (and Others). Published in 1996 and revised in 2001, the Wall Street Journal has called Jeffrey's first book "the best estate planning book in America."
In 2008, Jeffrey authored The Living Trust Advisor: Everything You Need to Know About Your Living Trust (John Wiley & Sons).
Jeffrey has been cited as a source for over 100 newspaper and magazine articles discussing inheritance planning, including New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Time, Kiplinger's and Business Week. The topics in this area are so many and diverse, he has been quoted in periodicals ranging from Fortune to DogWorld.
Jeffrey has discussed various inheritance planning issues on over 70 radio call-in shows throughout the United States, and on numerous television programs including "The Money Club" (C-NBC), "Primetime News" (CNN), "The 700 Club (CBN), "One on One with John McLaughlin (NBC) and "The Dr. Laura Show (CBS).
Jeffrey has conducted over 300 talks and seminars on the living trust and family inheritance planning throughout the United States for numerous financial institutions, insurance companies, charities, civic groups, service clubs, real estate companies, trust companies, and conventions.
Outside the legal world, Jeffrey is an avid swimmer who swims 3000 meters a day and participates in long-distance ocean races during the summer.
Customers Also Bought Items By
This expert, one-of-a-kind handbook shows you how to
- ensure that your inheritance instructions will be carried out the way you want them to be;
- protect your children's inheritance from creditors, ex-spouses, addictions, tax troubles, mismanagement, squandering, and other risks of loss;
- prevent family conflict that can arise when parents die and children divide the "family money";
- leave more money to your children and grandchildren, and less to the IRS;
- avoid creating inheritance problems in your family with "cautionary tales" of inheritance planning gone bad;
- understand why you still have to deal with estate tax issues even if your net worth falls below the new death-tax-exemption.
The Living Trust Advisor is an expert guide for both advisors and their clients on the complex process of establishing, living with, and maintaining a living trust. Written by renowned family inheritance attorney Jeffrey L. Condon, this book discusses the various aspects of this important document, and shows you how to manage a seamless transfer of assets to various beneficiaries. This new second edition has been fully updated and revised to reflect the extensive changes to the Estate Tax Law that have taken place since the initial publication, giving you the most up-to-date information and guidance on preserving your wealth and helping your heirs avoid estate tax liability. You'll develop a vision for your trust before you ever meet with an attorney or other key players, and learn how to establish and maintain a trust that remains rock-solid for your lifetime and beyond.
As the living trust has replaced the will as the primary means of settling after-death estates, clear guidance and current legal information is of utmost importance for advisors and clients alike. This book is a valuable resource for every stage of planning and execution, helping you ensure that you provide for your beneficiaries the way you intend.
- Know what to think about before your first meeting with a lawyer
- Establish and manage your living trust to carry out your wishes
- Identify potential inheritance problems and build solutions into the trust
- Distribute assets to future generations, and protect them after the transfer
Dealing with complex financial and legal issues while facing our own mortality is a difficult task, but making these decisions is critical to the future outcome of your estate. The Living Trust Advisor expertly guides you through the process so you can be confident that your wishes will be carried out.