Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jennie Allen
Jennie Allen is an award- winning and bestselling author of Anything and Restless, as well as the Bible studies Stuck, Chase, and Restless. The founder and visionary for the IF: Gathering, she is a passionate leader following God’s call on her life to catalyze a generation of women to live what they believe. Jennie has a master’s in Biblical studies from Dallas Theological Seminary and lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband, Zac and their four children.
Customers Also Bought Items By
“A must-have resource for anyone looking to get control of their thoughts.”—Lysa TerKeurst, #1 New York Times bestselling author and president of Proverbs 31 Ministries
CHRISTIAN BOOK AWARD FINALIST • NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY COSMOPOLITAN
Are your thoughts holding you captive? I’ll never be good enough. Other people have better lives than I do. God couldn’t really love me. Jennie Allen knows what it’s like to swirl in a spiral of destructive thoughts, but she also knows we don’t have to stay stuck in toxic thinking patterns.
As she discovered in her own life, God built a way for us to escape that downward spiral. Freedom comes when we refuse to be victims to our thoughts and realize we have already been equipped with power from God to fight and win the war for our minds.
In Get Out of Your Head, Jennie inspires and equips us to transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances by taking control of our thoughts. Our enemy is determined to get in our heads to make us feel helpless, overwhelmed, and incapable of making a difference for the kingdom of God. But when we submit our minds to Christ, the promises and goodness of God flood our lives in remarkable ways.
It starts in your head. And from there, the possibilities are endless.
In a world that's both more connected and more isolating than ever before, we’re often tempted to do life alone, whether because we’re so busy or because relationships feel risky and hard. But science confirms that consistent, meaningful connection with others has a powerful impact on our well-being. We are meant to live known and loved. But so many are hiding behind emotional walls that we’re experiencing an epidemic of loneliness.
In Find Your People, bestselling author Jennie Allen draws on fascinating insights from science and history, timeless biblical truth, and vulnerable stories from her own life to help you:
• overcome the barriers to making new friends and learn to initiate with easy-to-follow steps
• find simple ways to press through awkward to get to authentic in conversations
• understand how conflict can strengthen relationships rather than destroy them
• identify the type of friend you are and the types of friends you need
• learn the five practical ingredients you need to have the type of friends you’ve always longed for
You were created to play, engage, adventure, and explore—with others. In Find Your People, you’ll discover exactly how to dive into the deep end and experience the full wonder of community. Because while the ache of loneliness is real, it doesn’t have to be your reality.
Stopping the spiral of toxic thoughts by learning how to become imitators of Christ.
Are your thoughts holding you captive? Jennie Allen--the visionary behind the million-strong IF:Gathering--knows what it's like to swirl in a spiral of destructive thoughts, and she knows that from those thoughts, beliefs begin to form: "I'll never be good enough." "Other people have better lives than I do." "God couldn't really love me."
We spiral down and down. Changing the way we think seems nearly impossible. And yet the apostle Paul tells us in his letter to the Philippians that conforming our minds to Christ is possible, and it's the ultimate goal for every follower of Christ.
In Get Out of Your Head, a six-session video Bible study (DVD/streaming video sold separately), Jennie gives us tools from the book of Philippians to transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances, by taking control of our minds. We can find freedom from the downward spiral by:
- Taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ
- Shifting the focus of our minds from our circumstances to God
- Fighting toxic thoughts with weapons of humility, silence, and delight
- Escaping our comfort zones with weapons of connection, intentionality and gratitude
- Learning to forget what's behind so we can move ahead
- Defeating anxiety with a mind like Christ's
Our enemy is determined to get in our heads to make us feel helpless, overwhelmed, and incapable of making a difference for the kingdom of God. But when we submit our minds to Christ, the promises and goodness of God flood our lives in remarkable ways.
The Get Out of Your Head Study Guide uses projects, stories, and Bible study in the book of Philippians to engage the mind and heart.
- Introduction: Spiraling Out
- Make the Shift
- Weapons We Use, Part I
- Weapons We Use, Part II
- A New Way to Live
- A Mind Like Christ
Designed for use with the Get Out of Your Head Video Study available on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.
All too many of us struggle under the weight of life, convinced we need to work harder to prove to ourselves, to others, and to God that we are good enough, smart enough, and spiritual enough to do the things we believe we should.
Author and Bible teacher Jennie Allen invites us into a different experience, one in which our souls overflow with contentment and joy. In Nothing to Prove she calls us to…
* Find freedom from self-induced pressure by admitting we’re not enough—but Jesus is.
* Admit our greatest needs and watch them be filled by the only One who can meet them.
* Make it our goal to know and love Jesus, then watch what He does in and through us.
As you wade into the refreshing truth of the more-than-enough life Jesus offers, you’ll experience the joyous freedom that comes to those who are determined to discover what God can do through a soul completely in love with Him.
* * * * *
“These pages are what your soul is begging for"
“Nothing to Prove takes us on a journey toward freedom from the need to measure up.”
We love this glorious and universally resounding message.”
—Louie and Shelley Giglio
“This book will help you take your eyes off your problems and put them back on God’s promises.”
WINNER OF THE CHRISTIAN BOOK AWARD® • Winner of the Christianity Today Book Award • A leading advocate for racial reconciliation calls Christians to move toward deeper understanding in the midst of a divisive culture.
In an era where we seem to be increasingly divided along racial lines, many are hesitant to step into the gap, fearful of saying or doing the wrong thing. At times the silence, particularly within the church, seems deafening.
But change begins with an honest conversation among a group of Christians willing to give a voice to unspoken hurts, hidden fears, and mounting tensions. These ongoing dialogues have formed the foundation of a global movement called Be the Bridge—a nonprofit organization whose goal is to equip the church to have a distinctive and transformative response to racism and racial division.
In this perspective-shifting book, founder Latasha Morrison shows how you can participate in this incredible work and replicate it in your own community. With conviction and grace, she examines the historical complexities of racism. She expertly applies biblical principles, such as lamentation, confession, and forgiveness, to lay the framework for restoration.
Along with prayers, discussion questions, and other resources to enhance group engagement, Be the Bridge presents a compelling vision of what it means for every follower of Jesus to become a bridge builder—committed to pursuing justice and racial unity in light of the gospel.
What if you told God you would do anything . . . and he took you up on it? Anything is a prayer of surrender that will spark something. A prayer that will move you to stop chasing things that just make you feel happy and start living a surrendered life that matters.
In the years since the initial release of Anything, God continued to stretch Jennie Allen and her faith because of the courageous prayer of surrender that she and her husband, Zac, prayed, "God, we will do anything. Anything." Previously caught in the dizzying haze of worldly happiness and empty pursuits, Jennie went on to begin living out the adventure God had written for them—to include becoming the founder of IF: Gathering, an organization to gather, equip, and unleash the next generation to live out their purpose.
This newly revised edition boasts updates throughout, including:
- A new introduction
- An in-depth Bible study component for those who hope to lead a study on this topic
- And more!
Join Jennie on an adventure to discover your anything, those things that actually mean nothing until you know the God truly worth giving it all up for. And when you do, that will change everything.
Anything is also available in Spanish, Lo que me pidas.
A lot of us, if we’re honest, are afraid. We hold our dreams close to our chest. But our passions have a purpose—they were engineered for God’s greater plan and he intends for us to use them for his glory and purposes.
Do you feel like you’re missing something? What if this feeling wasn’t a bad thing? It could be a longing for more of God and a catalyst to living the life that was designed before the foundations of the earth were laid.
In Restless, Bible teacher and fellow struggler Jennie Allen:
- Explores practical ways to identify the threads of your life
- How to intentionally weave those threads together
- Explains how your gifts, passions, places, and relationships aren’t random; they’re deliberate and meaningful
- Speaks the truth about your suffering: it’s possible it has produced the very thing you want to give back to the world
Using the story of Joseph, the dreamer, Jennie explains how his suffering, gifts, relationships—all of the threads of his life—fit into the greater story of God and how our stories can do the same. What would happen if God got bigger than your fear and insecurity, and you spent the rest of your life running without reservation after his purposes for you? You were created for more.
To dive deeper into the Restless message, additional resources such as a DVD study and leader/participant guide books are available.
Are your thoughts holding you captive? I’ll never be good enough. Other people have better lives than I do. God couldn’t really love me.
The visionary behind the million-strong IF:Gathering, Jennie Allen, challenges you to exercise your God-given power to shift negative thinking patterns and take back control of your thoughts and emotions.
In Get Out of Your Head, Jennie gives us tools from the book of Philippians to stop the spiral of toxic thoughts, and transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances, by taking control of our minds.
The lessons in Restless are designed for women to dig deeply into Scripture for themselves and complete study projects on their own. Then, during the group meetings, they share their insights from their personal study, watch a teaching video, then move into the ASK portion of the meeting using the Get Out of Your Head Conversation Cards to ask questions such as What keeps you from believing you can control your thought life?, or, What are you afraid of if you surrender your rights?
Instructions for use:
- Lay out the cards for the week, questions facing up.
- Allow each woman to choose her favorite card.
- Lay out the Scripture cards for that week. Refer to them as needed for help processing as you share.
- Take turns having each woman ask the question on her card.
- Allow time for anyone who wants to share or respond.
Deck of 104 cards includes:
- 1 instruction card
- 2 Scripture cards per session
- 15 question cards per session
- Available as a card deck (9780310116417) or eBook version (9780310130437)
Designed for use with the following items, each sold separately:
- Get Out of Your Head Study Guide (9780310116370).
- Get Out of Your Head Video Study (9780310116394). Streaming video access included.
- Get Out of Your Head Leader's Guide (9780310116400)
Stopping the spiral of toxic thoughts.
In Get Out of Your Head, a six-session video-based Bible study, Jennie inspires and equips us to transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances by taking control of our thoughts. Our enemy is determined to get in our heads to make us feel helpless, overwhelmed, and incapable of making a difference for the kingdom of God. But when we submit our minds to Christ, the promises of goodness of God flood our lives in remarkable ways.
It starts in your head. And from there, the possibilities are endless.
This guide serves as a tool to prepare you in leading this Get Out of Your Head study and to encourage you along the way. It helps you as the leader to effectively point your group to the overarching theme of each lesson and point them to the themes of each study.
This Get Out of Your Head Leader’s Guide includes:
- Session-by-session helps to guide your group through the study.
- Walk-through for using each piece of the study: Videos, Study Guide, and Conversation Card Deck.
- The vision for Get Out of Your Head.
- Tips for leading your group, and much more.
This guide is designed for use with the Get Out of Your Head Video Study (9780310116394), sold separately. Streaming video, study guide, and conversation cards also available.
In this 8-session video study (streaming included), follow Jennie Allen through key passages in John's Gospel that demonstrate how Jesus is more than enough and how our thirsty hearts can only be quenched by the living water he offers.
Too many of us walk through life feeling like we don't measure up. We always seem to thirst for more. We think if we could only work harder or be better, we could be enough. But the truth is, we will never be enough. And we don't have to be.
We don't have to prove anything because Jesus has proven everything!
This study guide has everything you need for a full Bible study experience, including:
- The study guide itself--with discussion questions, personal study prompts, and a leader's guide.
- An individual access code to stream all eight video sessions online (you don't need to buy a DVD!).
Jennie Allen--the visionary founder of the million-strong IF:Gathering--invites us to take a different road than the one we've been struggling along, a path where our souls overflow with contentment and joy. The Nothing to Prove Bible study is a call to:
- Find freedom from self-inflicted pressure by taking hold of what has already been given to you in Christ.
- Overflow with Christ's abundance, and bring life to others.
- Make it your goal to know and love Jesus, then watch what He does in and through you.
- Grow in your knowledge of Scripture with this exploration of the Gospel of John.
No more pretending. No more performing. No more fighting to prove yourself. As you wade in the refreshing truth that Jesus alone is sufficient for all your needs, discover what God can do through a soul completely in love with Him.
Do you feel stuck?
So many of us live stuck. Stuck in trying to seem perfect. Stuck in sadness. Stuck feeling numb. Stuck pursuing more stuff to make us happy. Stuck in something we can't even name. These stuck places often go unattended inside of us and they are shaping our lives more than we would like to think. We've been trying to fix this feeling with everything but...
God. He has a plan for these spaces inside of us, the places we feel broken, but we have to go to Him. Stuck is a journey to take an honest look at the fight going on inside, leading us to the God who has a plan to restore it, to restore us.
The eight lessons in this study guide are simple and interactive, offering projects, stories, and Bible study to dig into Scripture, to deeply engage the mind and heart. Because as we realize that our stuck places are the very places that make us ache for God, we find Him waiting there for us with hope and freedom.
Designed for use with the Stuck DVD 9780849922541 (sold separately).
This Study Guide includes:
- Individual access to seven streaming video sessions
- Discussion and reflection questions with video notes
- Personal study between sessions
- Leader’s Guide
Never in the history of civilization have we been more connected and felt more alone. We are all so lonely. What if fundamentally the ways we have set up our lives is broken? We've withdrawn rather than moved through it. We want supper clubs and friends, instead of war partners. We have a wrong view of community.
This seven-session video Bible study begins with a look at the original community in Genesis, the Trinity, and the creation of people to see what God had planned for us all along. We will also discover throughout the study the five life patterns required to build deep, connected relationships:
- Shared Mission
The seven sessions include:
- Week 1: Introduction It is not good for man to be alone. (Creation)
- Week 2: The Disruption of Community Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. (Shame)
- Week 3: Proximity I will make My dwelling among you. (God's Presence)
- Week 4: Transparency And all who believed were together and had all things in common. (Acts)
- Week 5: Accountability Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. (The Church Grows)
- Week 6: Shared Mission Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others. (Jesus and the Disciples)
- Week 7: Consistency Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. (The Kingdom of God / New Heavens)
Designed for use with the following items, each sold separately:
Find Your People Video Study
Find Your People Conversation Card Deck
*Access code subject to expiration after 12/31/2026. Code may be redeemed only by the recipient of this package. Code may not be transferred or sold separately from this package. Internet connection required. Eligible only on retail purchases inside the United States. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Additional offer details inside.