Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Jennifer Koslo PhD, RDN, LDN, ACE-CPT
Customers Also Bought Items By
Eat smarter and boost your heart health with this low cholesterol cookbook and action plan
Switching to a new heart-healthy diet can seem like a daunting task. That’s why cardiac dietitian, Jennifer Koslo, and Go Low Cholesterol blogger, Karen Swanson, created The Low Cholesterol Cookbook and Action Plan. With an easy-to-follow 4-week program, this low cholesterol cookbook delivers comprehensive recipes and a proactive meal plan that can help you eliminate bad fats without missing out on the delectable flavors you crave.
From Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken to Veggie Chili, this complete low cholesterol cookbook gives you everything you need to start cooking up a storm. Get expert tips for shopping and creating food lists, plus suggestions for exercising regularly, and more.
The Low Cholesterol Cookbook and Action Plan goes beyond your basic low cholesterol cookbook with:
- 120 Heart-healthy recipes—Discover dozens of low cholesterol takes on your favorite foods like Banana-Oat Pancakes, Honey Mustard Chicken, and Flourless Chocolate Cookies.
- A 4-week meal plan—Get on the right path to lowering cholesterol in one month with this sensible action plan.
- Fast and flavorful dishes—Most meals take 30 minutes or less to prepare and use only 5 key ingredients.
Embrace a new health-conscious way of eating with The Low Cholesterol Cookbook and Action Plan.
Perfectly portioned recipes for two healthy hearts.
When cooking with heart health in mind, portion sizes are just as important as ingredients. This heart healthy cookbook saves you the guesswork of what and how much to eat with perfectly portioned recipes just for two.
Cardiac dietician and renowned nutrition expert, Jennifer Koslo, serves up guilt-free meals that are low on sodium and fat, but high on flavor—for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Complete with a meal plan to get you started off right, this heart healthy cookbook makes it easy to enjoy your meals worry-free.
The Heart Healthy Cookbook for Two includes:
- Perfect-for-two Portions—Say “goodbye” to the guesswork of halving recipes and confidently prepare quick, appropriately-sized meals.
- 125 Delicious, Nutrient-rich Recipes—Enjoy good food that’s good for your heart, too.
- A Four-week Meal Plan—Kick-start your diet at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All planned out, all perfectly delicious.
Stop worrying—you’ll always have just the right amount on your plate with The Heart Healthy Cookbook for Two.
The original DASH diet plan (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) was developed to lower blood pressure without medication. Since then, numerous studies have shown that the DASH diet reduces the risk of many diseases, including some kinds of cancer, stroke, heart disease, heart failure, kidney stones, and diabetes. It has been proven to be an effective way to lose weight and become healthier at the same time.
Beginning with an easy-to-read, non-scientific explanation of DASH and its benefits, DASH for Weight Loss is a comprehensive plan that includes menus, recipes, exercise prescriptions, weight-loss tools, and all the need-to-know information for setting up a DASH kitchen and getting started right away. The book will teach followers how they can adapt DASH to gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free eating styles, and will include resources like substitution lists, a grain cooking guide, and basic vegetable cooking charts.
How does pH work in the body? What is the effect of eating alkaline food? Discover how you can restore your body to its natural state and set yourself on a path to optimal health with The Alkaline Diet for Beginners.
Eating nutritious food keeps your body’s chemistry in balance and feeling great. When something is not right with our internal health, the effects can manifest through devastating symptoms like chronic illness and fatigue. But with the prevalence of current health-food hype, how do we know which foods really are “nutritious”—and moreover, which ones are right for our unique bodies?
In her professional work as a registered dietician Jennifer Koslo has encountered her fair share of troubling health conditions and has seen first hand the positive, restorative results of the alkaline diet. In The Alkaline Diet for Beginners, Koslo cuts through the confusing chatter that can be found on the Internet and explains the alkaline diet from a nutritional science-based perspective. The second half of The Alkaline Diet for Beginners, offers 100 innovative, tasty, and completely alkaline recipes to keep you satisfied and excited to cook your next alkaline meal.
Beginning to eat differently can be daunting. With The Alkaline Diet for Beginners you’ll understand how pH works in your body, the pH values of specific foods, and how eating alkaline food can be delicious as well as nourishing. Starting anything for the first time can be daunting. The Alkaline Diet for Beginners makes it easy with useful information for getting started, such as:
- Thorough, scientifically proven explanations for exactly what the alkaline diet can—and can’t—change about your health
- A sample four-week Alkaline Diet meal plan that takes the guess work out of what to eat
- Tips for sticking with the Alkaline Diet when you’re not preparing the food you’re eating
- Alkaline diet recipes that feature fresh, healthy, highly alkaline ingredients
The Alkaline Diet for Beginners delivers nutrition to your table one flavorful, alkaline bite at a time with recipes like: Vanilla Bean & Cinnamon Granola, Cheesy Broccoli Bites, Roasted Artichoke Salad with Sesame Seed Vinaigrette, French Onion & Kale Soup, Lentil & Sweet Potato Taco Wraps, Veggie-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, and more
Go DASH in a flash—a meal plan for getting started.
Looking for a diet that will improve your health, help you lose weight, and isn’t too restrictive or complicated? Then The Complete DASH Diet for Beginners is just what the dietician ordered. Not only does this cookbook fully explain how and why the DASH diet works, it also makes starting out as simple as can be.
Two complete meals plans—plus a quick guide for familiarizing yourself with DASH diet basics—make beginning your new diet easy. The Complete DASH Diet for Beginners also provides you with 75 mouthwatering (and heart-healthy) recipes, including Southwest Tofu Scramble, Balsamic-Roasted Chicken Breasts, and Pan-Seared Scallops.
The Complete DASH Diet for Beginners includes:
- Go DASH in 5 steps—Start your new diet right with advice for tossing non-DASH foods, shopping smarter, setting up your kitchen, planning meals, and getting fit and active.
- Two, 7-day meal plans—It’s easy to eat right with meal plans—shopping lists included—that will take you from breakfast to dinner for an entire week.
- 75 simple, tasty recipes—From Strawberry Yogurt Smoothies and Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes to Honey-Mustard Chicken and Steak Tacos, discover healthy foods you’ll absolutely love.
Hit the ground running on your new diet thanks to The Complete Dash Diet for Beginners.
Eat your way to lower blood pressure.
There are ways to help treat high blood pressure that don’t require medications with unpleasant side effects. Lower Your Blood Pressure provides you with the guidance you need to manage your hypertension with the foods you eat. It’s also filled with heart-healthy advice and delicious DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet recipes.
The DASH diet focuses on improving your blood pressure using foods that are low in sodium and high in magnesium and potassium. New to DASH? Lower Your Blood Pressure makes things easy with a three-week meal plan—complete with shopping lists—designed to get you started on the right (and yummy) path.
Lower Your Blood Pressure includes:
- 21-day meal plan—Jump right into healthy eating with a simple and straightforward meal plan that helps you adjust to the DASH diet in just three weeks.
- 75+ quick and easy recipes—From Stuffed Breakfast Peppers to Pecan-Crusted Catfish, start deciding your own meals using these healthy and mouthwatering options.
- Hypertension explained—Learn all about how to manage your blood pressure naturally, including dietary goals, de-stressing tips, exercise advice, and more.
Take the pressure off with this complete dietary guide to lowering your blood pressure.
A diagnosis of diabetes for yourself or a loved one can be frightening and overwhelming—especially when it comes to what to put on your plate. But with a few tweaks to your favorite dishes, managing diabetes doesn’t have to mean relegating yourself (or your sweetie) to culinary boredom.
Diabetic Cookbook for Two offers:
• 125 recipes tasty enough for anyone to enjoy, regardless of restrictions
• Handy nutritional information for all recipes, including carb counts
• Tips for cooking together and meal planning
• 10 ingredients to keep on hand for when you need to throw dinner together in a hurry
Create super-satisfying, heart-healthy, low-carb meals just for two with Diabetic Cookbook for Two.
We all have good intentions when it comes to smart eating, but making better habits stick can be a challenge. Incorporating one nutrient-packed smoothie into your daily routine offers incredible benefits, and The 21-Day Healthy Smoothie Plan will give you everything you need to make smoothies a delicious part of your healthy lifestyle.
The 21-Day Healthy Smoothie Plan offers:
- An easy-to-follow, 21-day plan to get you hooked on smoothies
- A 3-day detox cleanse for when you need an extra smoothie boost
- Troubleshooting guides for common smoothie snafus
- Daily inspirational quotes and intentions to motivate you
- 30 delicious salad recipes to complement your daily smoothie
Healthy Smoothie Recipe Book: Easy Mix-and-Match Smoothie Recipes for a Healthier You
From registered dietician Jennifer Koslo, Author of The 21-Day Healthy Smoothie Plan
Enjoy nearly endless options for imaginative and healthy smoothies with more than 100 nutritious, easy-to-make recipes. The Healthy Smoothie Recipe Book is packed with tasty mix-and-match ideas for crafting creative smoothies—from brain-boosting breakfasts to supercharged afternoon snacks.
Whatever you crave, The Healthy Smoothie Recipe Book is your go-to guide for creating customizable smoothies that are perfect for you.
- Cutting calories? Choose low-fat ingredients for lighter versions.
- Spicing things up? Handy spice charts give your smoothies an extra kick.
- Stumped for ideas? Mix-and-match charts help you customize smoothies to your tastes.
- Smoothie troubleshooting tips: Too thick? Too bland? Too watery? There’s a smoothie solution for that.
- Handy dietary labels: Colorful icons match smoothies to health goals, from weight loss, immune boosting, and more.
Jennifer Koslo, PhD, RD, CSSD, is a registered dietitian, a board certified specialist in sports dietetics, and a nationally recognized nutrition expert who has impacted hundreds of people’s lives through her nutrition consulting work and her writing.
Healing foods—your guide for treating PCOS.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) poses unique challenges to your body. And because PCOS often includes insulin resistance, changes in diet and lifestyle are necessary. Help is here. The Insulin Resistance Diet for PCOS is the first meal plan and cookbook to address these needs directly and compassionately—offering a proven pathway to regain control of your life.
With the understanding that “you are not alone,” The Insulin Resistance Diet for PCOS provides direct steps to counter PCOS issues, including mini-goals, day-by-day meal plans, and tasty recipes with strategic nutritional profiles.
The Insulin Resistance Diet for PCOS includes:
- Easy meal plans for the insulin resistance diet—Recipes are tailored to meet the additional needs caused by PCOS by helping boost fertility, lowering calorie intake, and fighting inflammation.
- Uniquely satisfying foods—This insulin resistance diet is designed to be fulfilling and reduce your cravings. It includes PCOS-specific food lists, shopping guides, and cooking essentials.
- “Intuitive eating” and other practical advice—Learn a variety of diet, exercise, and lifestyle guidelines that can dramatically improve your symptoms and quality of life.
Reclaim your health and rejoin your life. The Insulin Resistance Diet for PCOS puts you on the road to positive change.