Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jennifer Lang MD
We do the best we can to create the conditions for our children to have good physical health, but as my own children grow I realize more and more that giving them the right information to develop a healthy relationship to their bodies (and the bodies of others they interact with in the world) is just as important. I wrote my new book "Consent: Every Teen's Guide to Healthy Sexuality," because I feel that teens are lacking a straightforward guide to Sex Ed that puts the single most important component of every sexual interaction --CONSENT-- into central focus. Making sure there is mutual, active, affirmative and enthusiastic consent is the single most important thing we can teach teens about sex as they begin their journey into self-discovery and young adulthood.
I hope you find what you are looking for in the books. Check them out, and let me know what you think!
Customers Also Bought Items By
“I’m thrilled that Dr. Lang has put her valuable knowledge into these pages. With this book in your hand, you are on your way to putting your health first and setting your baby up for lifelong wellness.”—JESSICA ALBA, co-founder of The Honest Company
Good for baby, good for you: Every mom-to-be knows how important it is to pick the right foods when you’re eating for two—but the information overload on pre-natal nutrition can be stressful and time-consuming. The Whole Nine Months is your all-in-one pregnancy book with simple nutritional guidelines, up-to-date pregnancy research, and real mom-to-mom advice. Through reading The Whole Nine Months you’ll discover how easy it can be to make good food choices for your body while growing a healthy, happy baby.
An invaluable reference and cookbook during pregnancy, The Whole Nine Months contains:
- Nutritional Information: covering everything you need to know on essential baby-building nutrients, daily consumption needs, and where to find them in foods
- Over 100 Quick and Easy Recipes: including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options—with helpful hints on how to customize each recipe to suit your cravings
- Handy Tricks: helping you to handle nausea, cravings, and anything else that comes your way
As an OB-GYN, activist, and mother herself, Dr. Lang knows how hard it can be to absorb the available information on pre-natal nutrition while tackling cravings and nausea.
“Eating for two” is the single most important thing that you’ll ever do—and The Whole Nine Months is the only pregnancy book you’ll need to get it right.
A contemporary guide to sex education that answers the most pressing questions teens and young adults have about dating, relationships, consent, and sexual safety.
There’s a lot to talk about when it comes to sex education—anatomy, communication, safety, and more. In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Jennifer Lang delivers a frank, compassionate, and evidence-based guide to healthy sexual relationships, focusing on the crucial role of consent in sex education.
A board-certified OB-GYN, Dr. Lang breaks down confusing concepts into factual and clear guidance. She outlines not only what consent looks and sounds like, but the importance of recognizing when a person has the capacity to give consent, and when they don’t. Written for all teens, and inclusive of all sexual identities and orientations, Consent is a reference guide to healthy sexual expression and relationships.
This book’s approach to sex education covers:
- An overview of human sexuality including what sex is and how it feels, separating sex education fact from fiction.
- A discussion about relationships & dating and the various forms they take during adolescence, including some of the most common scenarios and healthy ways of handling them.
- Tools for communicating and understanding consent, as well as critical information about the capacity to give consent, the language surrounding it, and what constitutes abuse and assault.
The way that teens think and talk about sex today has changed. Sex education needs to change, too. Teens and young adults will find the sex education information they need to make empowered choices about their bodies, their desires, and their boundaries in Consent. You’ll never think of sex education in the same way again.