Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Joseph Alexander
Joseph Alexander has been a guitarist and expert music tutor for over 20 years. His tuition books are published in four languages and have sold over 600,000 copies to widespread critical acclaim.
Currently Joseph is co-writing groundbreaking music methods with Martin Taylor, John Patitucci, Jens Larsen, Levi Clay, Ulf Wakenius, Mark Lettieri Les Wise and many more...
He is a publisher of 120 music books and his label, Fundamental Changes is currently accepting manuscripts from a new talented generation of musicians and offers 3x the standard royalty rates to educators.
www.fundamental-changes.com for over 350 free HD video lessons or to get signed as an author.
Customers Also Bought Items By
- Are you struggling to master fingerpicking on guitar?
- Are you finding it difficult to coordinate your fingers and keep your picking smooth while you change chords?
- Do you want to confidently fingerpick chord sequences on guitar right away?
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar is more than just a cold list of potential ideas, it’s a complete method to teach you perfect fingerpicking technique from the ground up. Whatever your current ability, after working through this book you’ll be playing beautiful fingerstyle guitar like a seasoned pro.
- Learn to play every essential picking pattern on guitar
- Master the art of picking smoothly through chord changes – no more awkward gaps!
- Discover dozens of beautiful guitar chord sequences and learn to write your own.
- Develop perfect right- and left-hand coordination
- Instantly apply new fingerpicking patterns to any song on guitar
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar teaches you perfect fingerpicking technique, over 100 picking patterns, dozens of beautiful chord sequences, and gives you an entire method to go from your first fumbling picks to genuinely stunning performances.
In fact, it’s the perfect book for accompanists and singer-songwriters on both acoustic and electric guitar.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete course, building from first foundational plucking techniques that helps you memorize, understand and play fingerpicking patterns cleanly and musically
- A structured approach that helps you to build muscle memory, great technique and useful musical knowledge
- A complete guide to the most important guitar fingerpicking patterns for beginners, and the freedom to create your own unique ideas
- Over 170 examples and exercises written clearly in standard notation and TAB
- An instant trick to teach your fingers how to move accurately, totally subconsciously
Bonus Two: Audio downloads of every single example in the book, so you can hear what the music should sound like.
Most guitarists stumble around with a few picking patterns but don’t realise that it’s simple to develop true musical freedom and an extensive vocabulary in your picking hand.
Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar is a complete guitar method for beginners that teaches you how to build perfect technique and freedom for a lifetime of good guitar habits.
From the most basic picking patterns, right through to rich, exciting and advanced concepts, you will be guided in small friendly steps on your path to plucking perfection. Throughout, there is an emphasis on using the correct fingers, changing chords smoothly, building great technique and developing creativity.
Learning patterns from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music.
Are you struggling to play intricate passages on the guitar?
Tired of performing pick gymnastics to perform modern music?
Are you looking for new tones and ways to combine chords with melody
Then you’re ready to master the techniques, secrets and versatility of modern hybrid picking on guitarA guide to mastering modern hybrid picking technique
It may have started as a Country thing, but combining the pick and fingers has spread like wildfire across genres. That’s because when you add hybrid picking guitar technique to your skills you’re in the company of Eric Johnson, Tommy Emmanuel, Brett Garsed, Brent Mason, Zakk Wilde, John 5, Buckethead and more!
...and who better to teach you hybrid picking than lifelong devotee, Levi Clay.Here’s what you’ll learn:
- 160 musical examples in standard notation and TAB that begin at zero, and take you through to become a hybrid picking hero
- The most efficient mechanics for hybrid picking to train your fingers with perfect muscle memory
- Efficient string crossing movements so you can nail any phrase, no matter how intricate
- Multi-finger double-stops and rolls to increase your speed and build fluency
- Hundreds of great sounding licks and moves you can play immediately
- Three impressive guitar etudes to test your skills
Despite Hybrid Picking’s popularity, this is the only complete method on the planet, and in Hybrid Picking Guitar Technique Levi Clay cuts through the confusion to present an easy-to-understand guide that will revolutionize your playing for good.
How it works
Once you’ve nailed your picking hand position, you’ll begin training your middle finger to coordinate with the pick through a series of special exercises. Once they’re working together, you’ll immediately move on to learn creative hybrid picking licks that introduce string skips, arpeggios, and lines that cross multiple strings.Hybrid pick to reach the right notes on guitar
Next, it’s time to bring more fingers into play, one at a time, to embed perfect long-term muscle memory.
You’ll quickly master:
- How to play beautiful string skipping phrases
- Hybrid picking techniques to perform complex intervallic passages
- Complex licks that add hammer-ons and pull-offs
- String skipped arpeggio patterns a laGreg Howe and Andy James
- Impressive Brad Paisley-style Country Rock licks
- Eric Johnson-style hybrid-picked loops
- The “Pinch” technique for hybrid picked chords
You’ll perfect your technique through over 160 carefully designed exercises, learn tons of new licks, and add a new weapon to your guitar technique arsenal. The possibilities of hybrid picking are endless, and this book is packed full of creative ideas to fuel your practice sessions for years to come!
Bonus 1: Download over 160 free audio tracks so you can hear every example in action
Bonus 2: Learn three brilliant etudes in different styles at the end of the book to consolidate and showcase your techniqueHear it!
Reading music from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply it, it becomes music.
Discover the Signature Moves of a Jazz Guitar Comping Legend
Are you bored of playing the same old jazz guitar chords?
Playing rhythm guitar is one thing, but going beyond that to connect the chords with beautiful melodic phrasing is called comping.
John Pisano is one of the all-time greats of jazz rhythm guitar and has worked with Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Burt Bacharach, Natalie Cole, Barbra Streisand, Diana Krall and many more. Plus, for over 35 years, he was also Joe Pass’ guitar duo partner, racking up dozens of iconic jazz guitar recordings.
Learn Authentic Jazz Comping Skills with a Master
In Jazz Guitar Comping Masterclass, John Pisano shares his creative guitar chord movements over a selection of the most famous jazz standards. Naturally, you’ll learn some immaculately crafted comping arrangements, but there’s so much more! You’ll go way beyond the typical jazz rhythm guitar parts most guitarists use, and learn to play beautifully voiced movements that decorate the chords and become an integral part of the tune itself...
... If you took away the rest of the band, your guitar part would stand alone and still entertain the crowd.
What You’ll Learn
First, you’ll take a deep dive into John’s unique strategies for creating comping movements. Here, you’ll discover the tools you can use to develop your own stunning arrangements.
In a clearly illustrated, step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Artistically embellish any chord sequence with inside and outside movements
- Add related chords to create moving chord phrases
- Connect multiple voicings of chords across the range of the neck to expand your palette
- Arrange any voicing to triple your creative options
- Harmonize chords using 6th voicings for a fresh new approach to rhythm
- Use diminished shapes to connect chords and add harmonic tension to any sequence
Learn John Pisano’s Comping Arrangements, Then Build Your Own!
Once you understand how John thinks, you’ll learn to play his beautiful, creative chord comping movements over the most common sequences in jazz. Individual chapters are dedicated to:
- Major ii V I movements
- I VI ii V (Rhythm Changes)
- Minor ii V i movements
- Latin Jazz vamps
Every example is accompanied by a detailed breakdown of what John played and why, and you’ll quickly learn to apply these strategies in your own unique voice.
Next, each collection of jazz chord phrases is followed by an etude where John demonstrates how these ideas translate into a full arrangement.
You’ll learn beautiful arrangements based on:
- Fly me to the Moon
- Embraceable You
- Have You Met Miss Jones
- I Remember You
- All the Things You Are
For each piece, John highlights exactly how he alters the chords to create fresh harmonic movements and give these classic tunes a fresh twist.
Every example is beautifully transcribed in both standard notation and TAB… but you can also hear exactly how they should sound with the FREE studio quality audio tracks available to download from our website.
Master Alternate Picking For Guitar
Are you struggling to play fast alternate picked passages on guitar?
Do you need a methodical guide to alternate picking that’s packed with hundreds of exercises and powerful strategies?
Alternate Picking Guitar Technique is a complete roadmap of methodical steps that will make you the perfect picker, from zero to hero, and includes the exact steps that virtuoso rock guitarist Chris Brooks used to build his own incredible techniques.
This complete methodteaches you everything from building firm foundations to performing blazing, musical etudes via more than 90 exercises and musical examples. Everything is broken down, step-by-step, and you’ll quickly master each aspect of this essential guitar technique before moving on to the next.
The Perfect Method to Improve Alternate Picking on Guitar
Each jam-packed chapter focuses on an essential aspect of alternate picking technique and application... with plenty of licks and drills to reinforce every concept.
- Fundamental pick grips and motions – the powerhouses behind the greatest players
- Single-string picking builders and sequences to build firm technical foundations
- How to change strings correctly and avoid your pick getting “trapped”
- Pentatonic and diatonic picking licks across all strings to build speed and fluency
- Vital independence and synchronisation drills for ultimate control
- Essential scale sequences to build your musical technique
- Musical etudes that make key concepts fun and musical
- Over 90 powerful examples that advance as you do
Put Chops to Use in Real Music
Guitarists can be guilty of just playing exercises and not truly applying their technique to real music. The whole point of improving your technique is to be able to play music more easily, so in Alternate Picking Guitar Technique you’ll learn musical etudes that have been written exclusively for this book – from rocking Pentatonic tracks to classical-inspired etudes, these pieces will challenge and inspire you on your journey to intelligent, musical guitar technique.
Alternate Picking Study Bonuses
Bonus 1: Learn how to build, analyze, and update your practice routine with Chris Brooks’ complete guide to efficient practice skills
Bonus 2: Hear every single example with Chris’ exclusive audio performances that you can download for free.
Alternate Picking Guitar Technique smashes your bad habits and is the quickest pathway to perfect, expressive performances on guitar – from “open B” to “Bumblebee”! Plus, it’s also the perfect curriculum for private teachers.
Perfect your picking today and quickly become a more accurate guitarist with unlimited musical potential.
Buy it now!
- Play intros in the style of the greatest classic blues guitarists
- Master 5 genre-defining guitar intro licks for each player
- Combine and personalize guitar intros into your own unique style
- Get creative jamming over original backing tracks
- Discover extensive biographies and essential discographies for every player
- Audio, Standard Notation and Tab
Are you struggling to begin and end blues guitar tracks in the right way?
Do you need a complete theoretical and technical breakdown of powerful blues guitar phrases?
Do you want to develop a never-ending arsenal of authentic blues guitar intros?
100 Essential Blues Guitar Intros goes way beyond every other boring lick book and teaches you 100 essential intro guitar licks in the style of the world’s greatest blues guitarists…Here’s What You Get:
- 100 classic blues guitar intros that teach the language of iconic guitar legends
- Playing advice and a breakdown of every lick, from fingering to performance notes
- 40 Backing tracks to make the music come alive while you develop your chops
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for free
Bonus One: Essential discography for every player.
Bonus Two: Tips on phrasing, articulation and how to make each lick your own.Go Way Beyond “Traditional” Guitar Lick Books
100 Essential Blues Guitar Intros is different to every other blues guitar book available. It’s not simply a cold list of licks, it’s a breakdown of the playing styles of the world’s most important blues guitarists. You won’t just copy lines verbatim, you’ll internalize the language of the blues guitar masters and incorporate it into your everyday playing.
Along with extensive biographies and equipment advice, the musical style and language of the greatest blues guitar players is discussed and analyzed with 5 defining, “in the style of” intros for each legend broken down note by note.
Learn Blues Guitar Intros in the Style of:
Elmore James Albert King B.B. King Freddie King Kenny Wayne Shepherd Buddy Guy Jimi Hendrix John Mayer Jeff Beck Eric Clapton Gary Moore Robben Ford Stevie Ray Vaughan Joe Bonamassa Robert Cray Larry CarltonHear it!
Learning classic blues guitar licks from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. 100 Essential Blues Guitar Intros contains 100 supporting audio examples and 40 backing tracks to help you get inside the music and quickly apply each intro in any real musical situation.
Buy it now to bring the authentic language of the classic blues guitar legends into your playing.
• Play solos like B.B. King and John Lee Hooker
• Learn to Instinctively Play any Blues Song
• Understand Scales and Techniques so you Find the Right Notes: Every Time
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar Compilation
Do you hear great blues guitar songs and wish you knew how to play them?
Do you want to play great solos but don't even know where to start?
Wouldn't it be great to emulate your favourite blues musicians or even pick up your guitar and work out your favourite songs by ear!?
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar is a three-part series that teaches you the essential skills required to become a master blues guitarist.
You save 15% when you purchase all three best-selling books in this one edition!
Here's what you get...
• Over 245 Pages of Blues Guitar Mastery focusing on Rhythm Guitar, Melodic Phrasing and Beyond Pentatonics that help you play any blues song
• Over 400 Notated Audio Download Examples of Exercises, Techniques and Licks so you can hear and feel each stepping stone in the process of learning
• Over 20 Backing Tracks so you can play and hear what you are learning in an Actual Musical Situation
• The Complete Blues Guitar Soloing Course that will have you writing and improvising your own solos in no time
With over 245 jam-packed pages and 400 notated audio examples from all 3 books in the Playing Blues Guitar series, this is the most comprehensive guide to playing blues guitar ever released.
Book One – Rhythm Guitar focuses on the topic of rhythm guitar giving you a solid understanding and practice of not only the common blues chord structures... but also multiple approaches you can take to embellish the standard harmony. Beginning with the basic structure of the 12 bar blues and continuing with open string riffs, dominant 7 chords, Turnarounds, and more... this book gives you the tools needed to play any blues song.
Book Two – Melodic Phrasing examines the most important aspects of blues guitar soloing, allowing you to develop your improvisational skills in the blues world. By teaching Rhythm, Phrasing and Placement you learn to use fundamental rhythmic fragments to create and drive your solo forward. Because when you know the building blocks... melodies will take care of themselves. Never worry about forgetting licks again.
Book Three – Beyond Pentatonics teaches you the secrets of blues guitar soloing by showing you how to break away from the minor pentatonic soloing trap that plagues so many. It shows you how to target the most powerful notes from each chord in the blues progression to create the greatest emotional effect, wooing your audience. All of that plus discovering the many possible scale choices for each of the chords in the blues and you will be building solos like a master blues guitarist in no time.
All 3 Amazon best-selling books are combined seamlessly in this complete guide of everything you need to know about playing the blues.
Learn guitar theory - The simple way, musical way
- Are you sick and tired of guitar theory being taught in overly complicated language?
- Are you looking to become a better musician and guitar player?
- Do you want to discover creative guitar soloing and songwriting approaches?
- Do you want to understand & use guitar scales, guitar modes and arpeggios?
- Do you want a complete guitar theory method that takes you from zero to hero in simple steps?
Master, hear and play music theory for guitar
The Practical Guide to Modern Music Theory for Guitar is different. Instead of boring and meaningless guitar theory essays, it makes music come alive. In fact, you’ll quickly learn to play the theory you’re being taught.
Go from meaningless information to stunning guitar solos and songwriting.
Guitarists are often guilty of 'collecting' musical theory without taking the time to learn to apply the information on their instrument. Modern Music Theory for Guitarists combines cutting edge, up to date musical information with over 200 exercises and examples to help you internalise and master the most important concepts in modern guitar playing. There are also bespoke, professional backing tracks from Guitar Techniques Magazine's Quist
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to construct major and minor guitar scales
- How to harmonise a scale and use chords to write songs
- The complete guide to naming chords on guitar (know your C9 from your Cadd9!)
- A breakdown of every important type of chord, and where they come from
- How to write chord progressions to create great songs
- How to change key smoothly (modulation) and how to use guitar chord qualities to make your music creative and unique
- Discover how to form guitar modes… and how to use them in your solos.
- Discover the secret of triads, arpeggios and pentatonic scales you can use to create rich-sounding solos that’ll amaze your friends
- A complete deconstruction of all the 3-note, 4-note and 5-note soloing approaches hidden in every scale
Bonus hundreds of guitar licks demonstrate every single concept
Bonus Professional backing tracks to help you practise every guitar scale
Bonus The complete guide to Roman numeral notation for short hand song writing on guitar
Bonus A ‘cheat sheet' of the most common soloing approaches to save you hours in the practice room
Bonus 200 audio tracks to download so you can hear every single guitar theory concept in action
Learn the guitar theory… then use it!
There are so many sources of information out there these days it's hard to know where to begin and what's important when it comes to applying music theory to the guitar. This book has been designed to take you on a journey from essential first principles through to complex, exciting musical ideas while all the time teaching you the musical application of each concept.
Essential guitar knowledge and musical guitar skills
The Complete Guide to Modern Music Theory begins with the formation of the Major scale and builds steadily from the concepts taught in the first few chapters to help you master, hear and apply all the essential theory used today.
Learn Fingerstyle Acoustic Guitar - The Right Way
- Are you struggling to learn acoustic fingerstyle guitar?
- Do you want a complete method that breaks down every essential technique on acoustic guitar?
- Do you want to learn the guitar fingerpicking patterns that underpin thousands of popular songs?
The challenging thing about learning to fingerpick on acoustic guitar is that it's easy to do it wrong, which means beginners often embed bad habits that slow their progress and take years to correct.
If you want to learn fingerpicking the correct and musical way, right from day one, then Beginner Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar is here to teach you quickly and accurately.
Beginner acoustic guitar players will discover:
- Hundreds of essential guitar picking patterns that allow you to play literally thousands of songs, instantly
- Perfect fingerstyle guitar technique that will help you to play accurately, in time and with confidence
- How to combine fingerpicking patterns to create unique, incredible chord progressions and songs
- Hundreds of ways to easily decorate and beautifully embellish essential major and minor chords
- The two-note chords that underpinned music by The Beatles, James Bay, Biffy Cliro and Tracy Chapman
Throughout this masterclass in fingerstyle guitar, the emphasis is on musicality and creativity. In fact, you'll immediately be shown how to use every chord, technique and idea in a personal, and musical context.
The perfect method to learn fingerstyle acoustic guitar in one comprehensive book
Beginner Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar has the answers you're looking for.
Along with learning popular fingerpicking patterns in the style of James Taylor, John Mayer, Mark Knopfler, Paul Simon, Tommy Emmanuel and more, you'll discover three specially commissioned pieces written especially for this book by Taylor Guitars Endorsee, Simon Pratt.
These pieces help you master and combine your new fingerstyle guitar techniques into complete performances. Not only that, we've included a free 38-minute video breakdown of one of the more challenging pieces, Flood the Light, which you can watch online at our dedicated website.
- Move beyond predictable guitar fingerpicking patterns by mastering hammer-ons, pull-offs and legato phrases - all built around the chords you know and love.
- Learn three beautiful performance pieces that turn exercises into powerful acoustic guitar music
- Discover embellishments that breathe new life into the chords you already know
- Build perfect rhythm guitar and fingerpicking patterns that will set you up for a lifetime of acoustic guitar success
Bonus: Includes performance videos that break down more challenging techniques
Bonus: Includes over 130 exercises and audio examples to download for free
The Complete Guide to Acoustic Guitar Fingerpicking
With over 130 useful, digestible, exercises, this complete fingerpicking guitar course will instantly, and permanently make you a better player.
Each musical example is accompanied by a full explanation, practice hints, and an individual audio track to ensure you make the most of your practice time.
If you're ready to learn Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar, there is no more comprehensive guide to get you playing beautiful, real music‚ with perfect technique.
Master 100 Modern Jazz Piano Licks & Learn the Language of 10 Jazz Piano Masters
Bud Powell | Oscar Peterson | Thelonious Monk | George Shearing | Bill Evans | McCoy Tyner | Herbie Hancock | Chick Corea | Keith Jarrett | Brad Mehldau |
- Do you want to take your jazz piano playing to the next level?
- Want to improve your jazz vocabulary to create meaningful, personalized solos?
- Ready to discover a complete theoretical and technical breakdown of the jazz language?
100 Modern Jazz Licks for Piano
100 Modern Jazz Licks for Piano is so much more than a book of licks! It’s a doorway into the minds of the most innovative jazz pianists ever recorded…
- Learn the style of 10 modern jazz piano giants
- Master 10 genre-defining piano licks for each player
- Combine and personalize jazz vocabulary into your own unique style
- Discover extensive biographies and essential discographies for every player
Go Way Beyond “Traditional” Piano Lick Books
100 Modern Jazz Licks for Piano will lift your playing to new heights.
We can learn only so much from transcriptions, so this book goes one further by explaining the harmonic and melodic concepts used by the jazz piano masters. You’ll build an intimate knowledge of the theory and techniques that fuel their musical creativity. In fact, you’ll get years of insight condensed into one powerful resource.
Learn genre-defining piano lines in the style of:
Bud Powell | Oscar Peterson | Thelonious Monk | George Shearing | Bill Evans | McCoy Tyner | Herbie Hancock | Chick Corea | Keith Jarrett | Brad Mehldau |
Here’s What You Get:
- 100 jazz piano licks in the style of 10 essential jazz pianists
- Explanations of the theory and techniques that help you get behind the licks
- Playing advice and breakdown of every lick, from fingering to application
- A complete study piece in the style of Keith Jarrett that will help you to construct your own solos
- Perfectly notated examples with studio-quality audio to download for free
Bonus: Essential listening tips for each pianist – learn from their seminal recordings
Bonus: Tips on phrasing, articulation and how to make each lick your own
Each player in this book fundamentally changed the sound of jazz piano through their innovations. More than a collection of licks, you’ll receive a history lesson on the development of jazz piano – from the ground-breaking bebop of Bud Powell to the advanced contrapuntal harmonies of Brad Mehldau.
Along with mastering 100 exciting jazz piano licks, you’ll learn a complete solo in the style of arch-improviser Keith Jarrett. This is a master class in melodic improvisation for those who truly want to learn jazz piano.
100 studio-quality audio examples help you hear how each lick should sound. You’ll get inside the music and quickly learn to apply each every new idea to any musical situation.
Buy it now and take your jazz piano playing to new heights.
Discover the perfection of The CAGED System on Guitar
- Would you like to have complete freedom to visualize and play in any key, in any position on guitar?
- Are you struggling to make music all over the neck?
- Are some parts of the guitar neck a dusty mystery to you?
The CAGED system is the Rosetta stone of understanding the way every scale, arpeggio and lick is laid out on the guitar.
But often it's taught in a cold, confusing way that doesn't relate to actual music.
The CAGED System and 100 Licks for Blues Guitar is different. You'll learn The CAGED system in conjunction with 100 useful blues licks based around the most useful scales on guitar.
Here's what you get:
- 100 top quality blues licks
- A complete method to learn the guitar neck
- Hundreds of live audio examples to download for free
- A hands on, direct method to understand and make music on the whole guitar neck
- The definitive guide to mastering The CAGED System on Guitar
Bonus Over an hour of free audio to download for free
Whether you want a complete method to learn the guitar, or just a set of 100 excellent blues licks, this book is for you.
This book helps you spread your playing all over the guitar neck and spurs creativity by teaching you an incredibly strong, visual method to ‘hang’ scales and licks off 5 simple chord shapes.
Learn the most important scales with the CAGED system - and make music now.
The CAGED System for Blues Guitar covers both Major, Minor and Blues Pentatonic Scales and The Mixolydian Mode. With 25 licks for each scale covering all 5 positions, you’ll never be short of excellent blues lines to spur your creativity.
Contained within are the tricks and secrets that professional guitarists use to unlock the neck.
Master the guitar fretboard now
The CAGED system helps you to see the fretboard like the back of your hand and to easily play in any key in any position.
This is one of the best-selling guitar books on Amazon and will improve the way you play the guitar forever.
Buy it now
Understand and Play Guitar Chords in Context
A complete guitar chord method that teaches you to build, understand and play every chord in modern music.
Not just another chord dictionary
Whether you’re learning guitar for the first time, or you’re looking for more insight into how guitar chords work, Guitar Chords in Context has the answers you’re looking for. Instead of simply teaching meaningless chord diagrams, this book teaches you in great detail how to construct and apply every chord type you’ll ever come across.
- Are you struggling with traditional chord dictionaries? - Hundreds of chord diagrams but no clue on how to use them?
- Do you need a concise guide to the most important guitar chords and how they function in music?
- Do you want to play every chord in three different ways on guitar?
Guitar Chords in Context is different
Instead of blinding you with thousands of diagrams of similar, meaningless chords, every single chord type (Major, Minor, 7, Sus etc.) is broken down into its theory, application and sound before you're taught the three most important voicings that real guitarists use.
- Guitar Chords in Context teaches you
- Hundreds of short cuts to help you make better music
- Build and play major, minor sus2, sus4 chords
- Discover dominant 7, minor 7, major 7 and m7b5 chords
- How to apply 6th and altered dominant chords.
- Learn how to use substitutions to add extensions and chromatic alterations make your chords interesting and unique
- Understand and play guitar chords in a musical context, don’t just learn a list of complex voicings
- Three playable, usable ways to play every chord immediately
Bonus 110 audio examples to download for free to show you how your music should sound.
Bonus Exclusive backing tracks to help your practise
The book itself contains over 100 pages of crystal clear, high resolution diagrams covering the construction of every common guitar chord type. There are three different essential voicings for each chord and plenty of information about the context in which it is used.
How your guitar playing will immediately benefit:
By understanding the theory behind the construction of each guitar chord type and learning where every interval lays on the fretboard, you will instantly see the guitar neck in a new way. You will quickly internalise the concept of guide tones and be able to use them to immediately construct any chord type you desire, anywhere on the neck.
When you have read Guitar Chords in Context you will see and understand the guitar neck in a whole new light. In fact, you will never need a traditional ‘chord dictionary’ again. You will quickly be able to find the musical voicings that work for you - every time.
Guitar Chords in Context is a complete, useful and musical way to master chords for guitar that's easy, systematic, and fun.
Buy it now and quickly discover how to build and use every important chord on guitar