A little background about myself. I watched all the DC New 52 Animated movies (Flashpoint, Teen Titans, The Death of Superman, etc), a handful of animated movies before FlashPoint, and DCEU Live Action movies. I was going into this movie blind because I don't really know the comics of this movie nor do I read comics.
Recommend before watch: Flashpoint, Justice League War, Justice League vs Teen Titans, Death of Superman, Reign of Superman, and Justice League Dark.
Overall, I thought the movie was good, but not great. There was a lot of action in the movie and I commend it for going to a dark storyline like FlashPoint. I am glad that ALL the characters from the animated universe came into this movie. The main character Robin ( Damian Wayne ), came a long way from bratty personality to maturing like Bruce / Nightwing. I personally didn't like his personality in Son of Batman but started to mature in Judas Contract. The other characters, Batman, Raven, Superman, and John Constantine had a good overall relevance in the plot. However, I wish some characters were in the plot and had more characters' interactions. Also, a few of the action scenes were cut short and it could have been resolved by adding another 15-30 minutes. In the end, the ending was bittersweet and I liked the ending. I will give more explanation in my spoiler review.
- It had a nice overall plotline with using many characters from Justice League, Justice League Dark, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad
- Never knew that I wanted a Darkside and Trigon fight and it was AWESOME!!
- As an Avatar the Last Airbender fan, I love water bending so having Mera use water Hydrokinesis was amazing.
- Nice plot twist with Zatana using a spell on Jonh Constatine and Trigon entering Superman's Body.
- Funny scenes with Etrigan
- Love the character designs of the Furies.
- Most of the action scenes were cut short like the Lantern Corp and beginning of the movie w/ Justice League fighting. Like showing how Zatana was using all her powers in Justice League Dark before she died.
- I wish Flash had an interaction with Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman in the last part of the movie. Like a goodbye or sorry or something. Also, a line or two with Starfire saying something to Nightwing.
- Not too much of a con, but I didn't love how Lois Lane was at the forefront of the movie, but I do get the reason why they put Lois in the movie a good chunk of the movie. I wish they substitute her for another DC superhero character.