Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About K. Gopalakrishnan
Gopal has worked with few of the biggest and busiest databases in the planet and has deep experience in the performance management and tuning of very large online transactional databases. One of his core competencies is the design and deployment of online transactional database solution architectures that support performance, high availability, scalability and reliability
Customers Also Bought Items By
This comprehensive guide has been fully updated to cover the latest features and tools of Oracle Real Application Clusters 12c
Through clear instruction and detailed examples, Oracle Database 12c Real Application Clusters Handbook: Concepts, Administration, Tuning and Troubleshooting teaches how to build, configure, and maintain a dynamic enterprise computing infrastructure. This thoroughly revised edition covers best uses for the latest tools and features—all from the practical standpoint of a working DBA.
You will discover how to prepare hardware, configure the software, optimize data integrity, and integrate seamless failover protection. Brand-new flex and large cluster technologies are explained in full detail, and readers will get complete solutions for securing data and continuing business operations in the event of hardware failure.
- Presents all the new information needed to effectively use Oracle Real Application Clusters 12c -considered the most radical overhaul ever
- Offers detailed coverage of troubleshooting, performance tuning, and application development
Master Oracle Real Application Clusters
Maintain a dynamic enterprise computing infrastructure with expert instruction from an Oracle ACE. Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook, Second Edition has been fully revised and updated to cover the latest tools and features. Find out how to prepare your hardware, deploy Oracle Real Application Clusters, optimize data integrity, and integrate seamless failover protection. Troubleshooting, performance tuning, and application development are also discussed in this comprehensive Oracle Press guide.
- Install and configure Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Configure and manage diskgroups using Oracle Automatic Storage Management
- Work with services, voting disks, and Oracle Clusterware Repository
- Look under the hood of the Cache Fusion and Global Resource Directory operations in Oracle Real Applications Clusters
- Explore the internal workings of backup and recovery in Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Employ workload balancing and the Transparent Application Failover feature of an Oracle database
- Get complete coverage of Stretch Clusters, also known as Metro Clusters
- Troubleshoot Oracle Clusterware using the most advanced diagnostics available
- Develop custom Oracle Real Application Clusters applications
Troubleshoot, tune, and optimize your Oracle database efficiently and successfully every time. This book explains how to take full advantage of the revolutionary Oracle Wait Interface to quickly pinpoint--and solve--core problems and bottlenecks, and increase productivity exponentially.
Written by Oracle insiders, this comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know about Real Application Clusters -- low-cost hardware platforms that can rival and exceed the quality of service, availability, and scalability of the most expensive mainframe systems.
- Concepts covered are applicable to all previous versions of Oracle
- Tuning and troubleshooting tips, providing insight on the most advanced diagnostics available
- Detailed coverage of advanced RAC concepts
- Working code for all examples available online